Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Doug - Bachelorette 8

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Doug - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I don't have time to listen. Can you give a brief summary?...Please....
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I don't have time to listen. Can you give a brief summary?...Please....
    Well, he talked about a little of everything. First, he said he had never seen the show and only watched ten minutes of Emily's hometown date with Brad with his sister and b.i.l. right before he went on the show. He said that he got along best with John Wolfner and Sean, b/c he roomed with them mostly, and then Arie and Jef. He said that while in Charlotte the guys cooked for themselves... whoever was up first would make a whole bunch of eggs/bacon, etc and that the house was fully stocked with food and even took requests for burgers/franks when the guys wanted to barbecue. He said that booze was readily available but that no one got loaded and that the reason the rose ceremony evenings sometimes went 8 hours was b/c Emily had to do a lot of promos and interviews in between time. He said he had the attitude that he would just go and see if he and Emily had any chemistry and if she liked him she would keep him and he had no other expectations. The reason he would not kiss her is that he said he once took the initiative and first kissed a girl and it did not go so well, so he prefers the woman to make the first move. Once they began traveling the meals were catered in as well as snacks. He said they played a lot of football. He was asked how forthcoming some of the guys are when they return from their single dates with Emily. He said that some guys were very open and revealed everything, even down to the fact that they should have kissed her or what they think went wrong. Others kept it close to the vest and just said they had a good time and left it at that. He was asked if further probing was done by the guys and said that most didn't. He said he has received a lot of positive feedback from being on the show and when stopped at the grocers people tell him they really liked him and hope he finds a special lady and future mom for Austin. He also has met with Jason and Molly. I don't think he revealed anything earth shattering but he was certainly chatty and amenable and talked a blue streak. I was surprised about the food, though, b/c I have read that they don't feed them that much and just ply the booze. He appears to be a very nice guy and down to earth. I hope he does find that special someone.

Thanks ECM for the summary. I had gotten the impression that this season wasn't a drunkfest but you never know so that was interesting to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Well, he talked about a little of everything. First, he said he had never seen the show and only watched ten minutes of Emily's hometown date with Brad with his sister and b.i.l. right before he went on the show. He said that he got along best with John Wolfner and Sean, b/c he roomed with them mostly, and then Arie and Jef. He said that while in Charlotte the guys cooked for themselves... whoever was up first would make a whole bunch of eggs/bacon, etc and that the house was fully stocked with food and even took requests for burgers/franks when the guys wanted to barbecue. He said that booze was readily available but that no one got loaded and that the reason the rose ceremony evenings sometimes went 8 hours was b/c Emily had to do a lot of promos and interviews in between time. He said he had the attitude that he would just go and see if he and Emily had any chemistry and if she liked him she would keep him and he had no other expectations. The reason he would not kiss her is that he said he once took the initiative and first kissed a girl and it did not go so well, so he prefers the woman to make the first move. Once they began traveling the meals were catered in as well as snacks. He said they played a lot of football. He was asked how forthcoming some of the guys are when they return from their single dates with Emily. He said that some guys were very open and revealed everything, even down to the fact that they should have kissed her or what they think went wrong. Others kept it close to the vest and just said they had a good time and left it at that. He was asked if further probing was done by the guys and said that most didn't. He said he has received a lot of positive feedback from being on the show and when stopped at the grocers people tell him they really liked him and hope he finds a special lady and future mom for Austin. He also has met with Jason and Molly. I don't think he revealed anything earth shattering but he was certainly chatty and amenable and talked a blue streak. I was surprised about the food, though, b/c I have read that they don't feed them that much and just ply the booze. He appears to be a very nice guy and down to earth. I hope he does find that special someone.
    Thank you so much for the summary. Since many guys this season have talked so much about faith, I don't think there was the frat boy mentality of some other seasons. Also, I belieive that Emily is not a big drinker and that the men followed her cue.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

FORT Fogey

There isn't any snack food out during the cocktail parties, but there's food in the kitchen. Jillian cooked some hot dogs during the first cocktail party. Some of the woman baked a birthday cake for for someone... I think it also was during the first cocktail party of the season. It's interesting that they let them outside to play football. I thought they spent all their time talking to each other.

They aren't totally housebound. If they are in a vicinity that has a pool, they can use that; or like in Bermuda a lawn area for croquet. What they did in the older cities, I have no idea. On Ali's season one guy snuck out in NY to get a tattoo - but, although production knew about it as they had cameras there, it wasn't a sanctioned activity - LOL.

They do want sound and visuals for group comments during the arrival of the date card and reactions during the dates, so they round them up for sit downs and tape what comes out of their mouths. There is a lot of discussion and thinking about the lead as, really, other than background stuff for friendship making, there isn't a lot to talk about.

Jef told Emily that this is the first time he's had to think so much. LOL
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    On Ali's season one guy snuck out in NY to get a tattoo - but, although production knew about it as they had cameras there, it wasn't a sanctioned activity - LOL.
    Was that Casey the cornball? "to guard & protect her heart" or something? He was edited to be so wimpy-wimperton, then on BP when Vienna had her claws in him, he was psycho-crazy-tough-guy protecting her from Jake, who (as I perceived), wasn't interested in starting drama with Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    Was that Casey the cornball? "to guard & protect her heart" or something? He was edited to be so wimpy-wimperton, then on BP when Vienna had her claws in him, he was psycho-crazy-tough-guy protecting her from Jake, who (as I perceived), wasn't interested in starting drama with Vienna.
    I still get a chuckle out of guard & protect her heart! http://c580019.r19.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bachelorette-kasey-tattoo-pic-photo.jpg
    NEPASue likes this.

RE: Frat House in the house. In the second episode, Kalon called it a frat house and later, Arie said he would be happy when the football players were gone. Besides his rival, Ryan, I think he meant all the muscly guys. When you look at the outtakes ABC posted on the site - deleted scenes - that seems to be close to the truth. The stringy guys hung out together and the muscles hung out together. Kalon was the odd ball who couldn't find his side of the bromances.

Doug...I never liked the guy who was (is) so in love with his 12 year old son. I'm not saying he is skeevy, but either he or the producers really pushed that envelope. Because Emily had a child, they had to include at least one (or in this case) two with a child. I don't think Doug had the personality to go any farther than he did.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011