Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Doug - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Doug - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Doug is doing the best he can to fit in, to be one of the guys... but when he talked to Emily, he wouldn't admit to having any faults. He's trying to function... When they added him to the cast, did they expect that Doug would have a hard time trying to cope?
    I don't think it's so much that he wouldn't admit to having any faults, more like he was a bit taken aback by the bluntness of the question and didn't know what to say. It's like a job interview, where the interviewer suddenly asks you what you think your weaknesses are, and you want to answer without disqualifying yourself for the job right then and there. Emily even admitted it was a difficult question to answer when it was turned on her.
    BTW, sweetpea, Living and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't know about her not wanting to be with a man who already has a child. She was awfully sweet when it came to getting that letter from Doug's son, plus she made the time during her date with Doug to send his son a postcard. She hasn't said anything about this one way or the other, but if she really didn't want to be a step-mom, why is she keeping Doug around?
    She could be keeping Doug around at this point just so she DOESN'T look like a hypocrite, since she went "all woodrat backwards" on a guy for calling her kid baggage.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 06-20-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't think it's so much that he wouldn't admit to having any faults, more like he was a bit taken aback by the bluntness of the question and didn't know what to say. It's like a job interview, where the interviewer suddenly asks you what you think your weaknesses are, and you want to answer without disqualifying yourself for the job right then and there. Emily even admitted it was a difficult question to answer when it was turned on her.
    It almost seemed to me that she was "needling" him unnecessarily... y'know that HAD to have been producer-driven. Which sucks for Doug. I'm guessing the producers told Emily that Doug has something in his past related to his last girlfriend, and now it's her job to poke & prod until she finds out what it is. So Doug will be under a level of scrutiny from her that the others guys won't be under.

Sheesh, each one of the 25 guys has an unsuccessful dating history and things they want to hide. But for the sake of drama, 2 guys (Doug & Arie) are getting "exposed".

I don't believe that Emily is driving the show in any way, shape or form. Hints are given, leaks are leaked, the final 4 are chosen on the 1st night, and all the cast including Emily are just pawns in the game. And then the producers show footage of Emily being "strong" (kicking a guy off, declining Ryan a rose, requesting an extra rose for Doug/John) as a ploy. That footage is simply to fool the viewers into believing Emily's in charge... but she ISN'T. The producers are in complete charge, it's THEIR SHOW from beginning to end. But the franchise will only succeed if the viewer's believe Emily is in control.
    BTW, NEPASue, Alexxxx and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    But the franchise will only succeed if the viewer's believe Emily is in control.
    There's a lot of truth to this. Every story line on the show has been discussed and crafted by the producers to fit the season. Sometimes, miracles happen and two people actually fall for each other, but more often than not it's a story line and it plays out that way. I hope this is one of the times it works out for the couple, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

Here's what I don't understand: Ep.5 when Emily went hoodrat-backwoods on Kalon...

After Doug informed her, she kicked Kalon off, and then was peeved at the rest of the guys on the group date too, for not "having her back" (since they hadn't told her earlier about Kalon's comment). She was so irritated that she wouldn't give ANYONE on the date a rose. However, Doug DID have her back; he told her immediately after hearing about it. So why did she lump Doug in with the rest of them? Didn't Doug earn at least a THANK YOU?!

I feel that for all her righteousness, she was pretty unappreciative of the help she received.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Here's what I don't understand: Ep.5 when Emily went hoodrat-backwoods on Kalon...

After Doug informed her, she kicked Kalon off, and then was peeved at the rest of the guys on the group date too, for not "having her back" (since they hadn't told her earlier about Kalon's comment). She was so irritated that she wouldn't give ANYONE on the date a rose. However, Doug DID have her back; he told her immediately after hearing about it. So why did she lump Doug in with the rest of them? Didn't Doug earn at least a THANK YOU?!

I feel that for all her righteousness, she was pretty unappreciative of the help she received.
    While I can understand her being overly emotional during that episode, I think she was wrong as well especially toward Doug.

I personally think she was really mad at Arie and just took it out on everyone else. I do believe she later realized she over-reacted by her response to Arie when he was apologizing for it the following week.

I would love for someone to ask her to explain what exactly it was that she wanted when she said they did not have her back.

Of course, I still admire and respect Emily at this point and don't expect her to be perfect so I can overlook it all.
    angelic_one2002 and Midol like this.

Yes ilja, you are right, she can't be perfect every step of the way so we should be tolerant and accept some things as is.

But I wish I could've seen some type of thankyou from Emily to Doug. Or, if the producers won't air it, I hope that she at least was appreciative to him in private. The way the footage left it is that she took what Doug was willing to give... and then lumped him in with the non-givers.

Like I said, I hope she at least thanked him privately and wasn't just a user.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Re: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Oh my gosh, I loved last nights show. Can Jef and Em be any cuter together? I'm so Team Jef. As for Doug, wow, he is so odd. Clueless. I find it hard he was married before. Chris, oh my he really needs to grow up. Nice guy, but very immature, and odd to me too. I did not like tho how John was rubbing it in how he 'had it in the bag' with Em. First, he was sounding like he was vying for a prize, secondly, he saw how distraught Chris was but yet kept rubbing it in. I we had seen the scene with Arie, the producer and Em. Maybe it was nothing, so nothing to show. All hype. Sean seems very nice but he is my second choice after Jef. Arie 3rd. Forget Chris all together. I just don't think Em is going to go thru with visiting Chris' home and family. The previews alluded to that. Chris is not the type to hang on when you know he is not the one. He does not handle rejection well, plus he reallly thinks he has a shot with her, I don't.
    Doug was never married to the mother of his son...I don't think he was ever married.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Doug was never married to the mother of his son...I don't think he was ever married.
    Oh thanks for the info. I didn't know this. Do you or anyone else know how Doug got custody of his son? What happened to the mother? With his arrests and apparent abuse problem with her, I was wondering how HE got custody? ????

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Oh thanks for the info. I didn't know this. Do you or anyone else know how Doug got custody of his son? What happened to the mother? With his arrests and apparent abuse problem with her, I was wondering how HE got custody? ????
    From what I know it has never been made clear anywhere how he got custody. It is still fairly unusual for a man to get custody so either she gave it up or there were other things going on that made him the better custodial parent. He does seem to be a very good father and from what he has said about his own childhood, he probably will do everything so that his son feels safe and secure.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread