Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Chris - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    ITA and posted as such but a comment by another member on the later "confrontation" with Doug seeming to be overblown and producer-driven has me wondering. I will have to watch again (or, well...maybe not) but it did seem there were some smirky looks that had me wondering if they were trying not to laugh. If it had just been Doug would be one thing but it was Chris as well.
    "overblown and producer-driven..." They play assigned roles. They do what they're told to do, and say what they're told to say.

If it was for real, I do believe we missed a lot for it to blow up like it did. Then again, it could just be a bunch of men with too much alcohol, cooped up for too long with nothing but men, bored to tears, stressed from the competitiveness of the whole situation and becoming overly sensitive to one too many digs.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I really like Chris. And for all Doug's whining about how much younger Chris is, Chris comes across a whole hell of a lot more mature than him.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Chris having a problem with Doug is laughable. He tells Emily he is mature but potrays a childishness on the show which is so very petty. Unless he was told to confront Doug, and I'm still wondering what he is confronting Doug about, there seems to be no substance to Chris's issue.

It is possible however that is Chris's insecurity because Emily made a comment about his age and he is so in his mind about his age that he has become overly sensitive to any talk about age. He tries to say age does not prove maturity then proceeds to confirm that he is really immature as in his age.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I have mixed feelings about both Chris and Doug. I like parts of both of them and dislike other parts of them. I think that makes them both pretty normal.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    It is possible however that is Chris's insecurity because Emily made a comment about his age and he is so in his mind about his age that he has become overly sensitive to any talk about age. He tries to say age does not prove maturity then proceeds to confirm that he is really immature as in his age.
    This is how I saw it as well. He is insecure about his age, comparing himself to the older guys, that he has become overly sensitive to what really is a minor issue. You don't have to be older to act mature, you just have to act mature. I didn't see any maturity in Chris's conversation with Doug.
    Living and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    This is how I saw it as well. He is insecure about his age, comparing himself to the older guys, that he has become overly sensitive to what really is a minor issue. You don't have to be older to act mature, you just have to act mature. I didn't see any maturity in Chris's conversation with Doug.
    He deliberately went out of his way to start something with Doug when there was no need to do so. Probably he was fueled by alcohol, but I don't excuse confrontational behavior and don't like being around ugly drunks, which he definitely was. I had a female friend who used to get nasty when she had too much to drink (which was often), and I finally had to end the friendship because of that. In real life, if Doug had taken the bait and responded in kind, there would have been a physical fight no doubt. I credit Doug for staying calm and holding back on the way he could have reacted.
    BTW, sweetpea and Living like this.

I'm not keen on Chris. To me, he just doesn't seem open enough... he seems cool, not loving. He had the advantage of having an early date, so Emily probably got lost in the newness of the adventure and not the actual feeling between them.

I could be wrong, but I'm just not feeling him. (Of course, my feelings are completely controlled by what Fleiss shows me.)

Am I the only one who thinks Chris is a little creepy? I was sorry to see him get a rose last night. There is somethng "off" about him.
    Cornholio likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Chris is a little creepy? I was sorry to see him get a rose last night. There is somethng "off" about him.
    By the previews, I have a feeling Emily will not be going to Chris' house. I think she can tell he is really into her, but is the type of guy that won't take the rejection easily, so stopping anymore involvement by meeting his family and pretending she is into him, she'll just let him go.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast