Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Ryan - Bachelorette 8

Re: Ryan - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    There's not much to like about most of Ryan's comments, but I do like how he mentioned that their relationship has to be a two way street - that he has to figure out whether she's right for him -it's not just a question of whether Emily picks him. This has always bothered me about this show - it always seems like all the women or men are head over heels for the Bachelor/Bachelorette and that just doesn't seem possible. I've always wanted to see a bunch of the women or men sitting around the house saying,"you know, I'm just not sure I'm really that into him.". "I know what you mean. The helicopter ride was incredible, but he is so boring and he's an awful kisser." etc. don't necessarily want that to happen to Emily because I like her, but it would be a funny twist in a future season. (like if Ryan's the bachelor)
    There have been several instances where people have left the show on their own accord because they weren't feeling any connection between themselves and the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I seem to recall once that someone declined the rose at the rose ceremony, but usually they leave the show before the official rose ceremony. (But I still think Ryan is a tool -- haha!)

FORT Fogey

Re: Ryan - Bachelorette

Constantine left because he wasn't interested in Ashley. Maybe most of them stick around even though they're not interested in the bachelor/bachelorette, because they hope to have their own season. Brad had to stick around his entire first season because he signed a contract. I think Ryan announced that he wanted to be he next Bachelor because a producer likely told him to say that... to help the show's ratings. I don't know what the deal is with Ryan: maybe he's just shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    There have been several instances where people have left the show on their own accord because they weren't feeling any connection between themselves and the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I seem to recall once that someone declined the rose at the rose ceremony, but usually they leave the show before the official rose ceremony. (But I still think Ryan is a tool -- haha!)
    One of the girls during Ben's season left voluntarily because she didn't feel anything for him as well.
    jucamer likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    One of the girls during Ben's season left voluntarily because she didn't feel anything for him as well.

Yes - the one with the Grandma - don't remember her name. She was the only smart one out of the lot!

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Constantine left because he wasn't interested in Ashley. Maybe most of them stick around even though they're not interested in the bachelor/bachelorette, because they hope to have their own season. Brad had to stick around his entire first season because he signed a contract. I think Ryan announced that he wanted to be he next Bachelor because a producer likely told him to say that... to help the show's ratings. I don't know what the deal is with Ryan: maybe he's just shallow.
    I think a lot of them stay on just for the exotic trips!
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    I think a lot of them stay on just for the exotic trips!
    Oh, absolutely! Free trips, exotic locations, lovely hotels, fun activities, plus you probably end up making a lot of new friends and having a blast along the way. I would suspect a lot of the girls/guys aren't completely head over heels for the lead but pretend a lot to extend their stay.
    NEPASue and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Oh, absolutely! Free trips, exotic locations, lovely hotels, fun activities, plus you probably end up making a lot of new friends and having a blast along the way. I would suspect a lot of the girls/guys aren't completely head over heels for the lead but pretend a lot to extend their stay.
    I wonder if they let them watch TV. Maybe all that they do is talk, in front of cameras and microphones. Maybe they want them to visit as much as possible to see if any of them reveal secrets or clash with others. What about those who aren't chosen for dates, do they spend all of their time in the hotel?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by realhousewife1 View Post
    Ok, I'm completely in the minority here because I actually really like Ryan! He's HOT, and I like that he's not just swooning and fawning over Emily. Did I also mention that I think he's HOT!
    Oh, he's most definitely hot...no question about it. But some of the things he's said so far have left me scratching my head.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I wonder if they let them watch TV. Maybe all that they do is talk, in front of cameras and microphones. Maybe they want them to visit as much as possible to see if any of them reveal secrets or clash with others. What about those who aren't chosen for dates, do they spend all of their time in the hotel?
    I don't know about TV. I think that's why we see them doing such silly things in the outtakes. They must be going squirrelly day after day sitting around, with nothing to do but drink and talk. I wonder if they let them sightsee if they are overseas or if they are able to use the gym?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I don't know about TV. I think that's why we see them doing such silly things in the outtakes. They must be going squirrelly day after day sitting around, with nothing to do but drink and talk. I wonder if they let them sightsee if they are overseas or if they are able to use the gym?
    Well, Ryan had enough time to write a seven page letter to Emily. I don't know if he's that interested in her. Also, they must have been so bored while living at the bachelor mansion in L.A., that watching the mice was entertaining.

Closed Thread