Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Ryan - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fan

Re: Ryan - Bachelorette 8

There's a lot that I can't stand about him, but the worst thing is his passive-agressive behavior. Well, mostly just aggresive. He is a verbal bully. When Emily would ask him a question he would talk right over her with his own brand of "flirting." It was extremely rude, not at all cute, and just as patronizing as when Kalon told her to shut up while he was talking. I've dated guys like that. It's always confusing when it's happening and it makes you feel small, or stupid, or fat, or whatever they're trying to accomplish. Then when you get away and clear your head you say "Wait a minute -- it was HIM, not me!" and kick them to the curb. As I'm sure Emily will before long.

Just watching last night's episode now and I realized who he reminds me of - Matthew McConaughey. Not in appearance, in skeevy personality.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Me too, Rattus. Especially MM's character Wooderson in Dazed and Confused. Totally skeevy.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Definitely cute, and I usually like my men with a side of arrogance, but Ryan takes it up a whole other notch. And sickeningly delusional to boot.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I had to at how eager Emily was to leave with Arie when she was having her talk with Ryan. Ryan is just too arrogant, and I know he'd disagree but it's just so over the top. Hey Ryan, just in case you didn't get the memo, this is EMILY'S SHOW not yours. You might want to be the lead, but you're not. You're just one of the dudes. A really arrogant, delusional dude.

"If this whole thing doesn't work out, I'm going to say, "let's do the Bachelor Ryan" - seriously, get over yourself.

Don't you think he was very inebriated ( not excusing him) I watched that part over, and he was 'glazed eyes talking stupid drunk.' The way this show seems to like the men and the women to be.He's a meat-head with or without booze, but they make it worse with late late hours and drinking.
    NEPASue and navybelle like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He could have been, but that doesn't excuse him from saying it. I wouldn't doubt many of the guys have thought it, seeing as how they always recycle the lead on this show, but it's really crass of him to say it out loud.

There's not much to like about most of Ryan's comments, but I do like how he mentioned that their relationship has to be a two way street - that he has to figure out whether she's right for him -it's not just a question of whether Emily picks him. This has always bothered me about this show - it always seems like all the women or men are head over heels for the Bachelor/Bachelorette and that just doesn't seem possible. I've always wanted to see a bunch of the women or men sitting around the house saying,"you know, I'm just not sure I'm really that into him.". "I know what you mean. The helicopter ride was incredible, but he is so boring and he's an awful kisser." etc. don't necessarily want that to happen to Emily because I like her, but it would be a funny twist in a future season. (like if Ryan's the bachelor)
    NEPASue, JavaJo and Alexxxx like this.

Great points BamaFan and that's coming from a VOLS fan!

FORT Regular

Ryan reminds me of Dave Good. Anybody else think so?

Closed Thread