Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Ryan - Bachelorette 8

Re: Ryan - Bachelorette 8

I'd like to comment a whole lot about Ryan... but I'm too busy eating cookies, and having a glass of wine, and letting myself go atm. What an arse lol.
    JunkieGirl, waywyrd, J.D. and 3 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Have y'all seen the previews yet with Ryan saying what we've been suspecting? Of course, they could be a Fleissmeister edit but who knows?
    During those diary talks a producers prods them with questions. He was probably asked how he would feel about being the next bachelor. I am not defending him, I don't like the guy. And who knows what that VO means and who said it even though the camera was on Ryan toasting another guy. Production will keep him longer for the drama so he isn't going anywhere soon.

It is clear who she favors and Ryan is not one of them. Arie, Chris, Sean and Jef are the only men she is focusing on now. So Kalon, Ryan and Doug will be the drama choices to keep.
    Longhornfan likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Have y'all seen the previews yet with Ryan saying what we've been suspecting? Of course, they could be a Fleissmeister edit but who knows?
    I saw the promo! I was startled to hear the comment... but, producers assign roles, and sometimes tell participants that they won't get alone time with the bachelor/bachelorette unless they say what the producers tell them to say. Of course, the comment could have been spliced together from two different comments... they've done that in previous seasons.

To me, it feels like Ryan is trying too hard. He sees himself as the exact opposite of Arie (the girly man vs. the man's man) but what's interesting about that is with Arie everything with Emily seems natural and easy. What does that tell us?

He is hyper-competitive and coming across like a jerk. And someone needs to tell him to shave that ridiculous thing on his face.
    NEPASue and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Maybe the producers decided to make Ryan the villain. Maybe Kalon was supposed to be the villain, but Kalon isn't very noticeable.
    luvlady345 and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

I am not sure they even know who the villain will be until the show gets underway. They cast thinking someone may provide drama (vampire guy) and be surprised to see someone else take over that roll more fully. They create the story in the editing process and you can tell by the diary talks that producers begin to see each person more clearly and direct their questions to promote that story line.

I think Ryan loves Ryan he wont care if he's the villain, that's part of what they sign up for.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

And he's in a field where that kind of thinking and attitude won't be seen as a bad thing. Nobody wants a sports trainer who's considered a "wimp". I'm sure any bad editing Ryan gets won't be seen by him as "bad editing"...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I am self-conscious enough as it is. I wouldn't be able to have him as a trainer because I'd know he was thinking horrible things about my weight.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    And he's in a field where that kind of thinking and attitude won't be seen as a bad thing. Nobody wants a sports trainer who's considered a "wimp". I'm sure any bad editing Ryan gets won't be seen by him as "bad editing"...
    This is true, and it certainly explains how adamant he is that he and Arie are so different.

Closed Thread