Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Ryan - Bachelorette 8

Re: Ryan - Bachelorette 8

I wouldn't like him to be TB. He's kind of dull to me and not my type at all.
    NEPASue likes this.

I figured out why I don't like this guy (and this was before the comment about Emily potentially gaining weight). He reminds me of a whole herd of guys I went to high school with. They're all still trapped back in the past, acting the way they did in high school and college. They only want to date hot girls and half of their FB pictures are of scantily clad women. Also, he reminds me of Ron Moss from The Bold and the Beautiful, whose jaw is SO strong that I don't think he's as attractive.

Obviously, Ryan is looking for a trophy wife and nothing more because anything MORE than that is more than he can handle. His emotional growth seems to have ended at about 22.

I know someone whose daughter is dating a guy like Ryan. He's also a person trainer. He badgers her about her weight and barely lets her speak when they're with other people. It's all about how she looks and her mother has said that she's sure they guy would dump her daughter if she gained weight. No one should have to be with someone like that, whose love is conditional.

I suspect that Emily has never had a problem maintaining her weight, because if she did, I doubt Ryan would have survived the rose ceremony this week.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I think Ryan is one she was asked to keep. He promises drama. No way would she have given him a rose with the weight comment if up to her. Never.
    NEPASue and Living like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

He was the first date and she has yet to kiss him. No wonder he is jealous of Arie. In fact she kissed both guys on dates this week, but not Ryan last week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I didn't like him from the start and didn't know why but it's all showing now. I think he's controlling and manipulative (the letter & interrupting Emily/friends) and would never be someone I'd want to be in a relationship with. He's all about him and Emily's not going to put up with Ryan's attitude once she sees that.
    Thor, NEPASue and AlwaysVeg like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I still think he is angling for the next Bachelor lead and whoa is we if he gets it. We would be screaming at all the girls - RUN!
    J.D. and cantstopwatchin like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think Ryan is one she was asked to keep. He promises drama. No way would she have given him a rose with the weight comment if up to her. Never.
    Ugh. I don't think it matters how naturally tiny you are. No woman would be okay hearing a man say that to her, ESPECIALLY in front of her friends! (don't you know they'd bring it back up all the time: picture her rehearsal dinner and all the "we're just so happy Emily's finally found true love, but put down the roll sweetie, we don't want a runaway groom" jokes). He has to be a producer's pick.
    NEPASue and Living like this.

I think she likes the way he looks. I think Kalon is a producers pick, no way is he her type. Ryan doesn't have to say anything else just flex his muscles.

She repeated the fat part - if she is dumb enough to keep him around after that. I think she is going to get a big wake up call soon!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by addison h. View Post
    Ugh. I don't think it matters how naturally tiny you are. No woman would be okay hearing a man say that to her, ESPECIALLY in front of her friends! He has to be a producer's pick.
    And yet, I remember one of her friends telling Emily that her choice based upon talking to the guys would have been Ryan. So, I am guessing that that friend told Emily that BEFORE Ryan interrupted their "girl talk" and made that remark about gaining weight after marriage.

One thing that I wondered last night was this. Did all of her friends get to interview every single one of the guys, or did they just break them up into groups? It would only seem fair if each woman got to interview each of the guys, but that might have taken up too much of the group date portion. Because next up was a bunch of screaming kids to further test the guys, so I am guessing that they just had the guys in two groups, and not all of the friends interviewed them all.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Has anyone ever had that moment where you think you know someone but you can't quite place where you know them from? I've felt that way about Ryan since the first episode and it's been bugging the heck out of me. Only this morning did it finally hit me - the guy is a total neanderthal in both attitude AND looks. Just put a leopard toga on him and give him a club and he'd feel right at home!

I, too, think he's a producer pick at this point. For Emily to make a point of mentioning not wanting to be a trophy wife (remember she had that conversation with him during their date, about not wanting to be the "prize" at the end) and saying his comment struck a chord, I think she's making a point to tell us she's paying attention to what he's saying, regardless of the fact that he's still there. Based on the previews last night, any confrontation he has with her isn't going to go well for him (and I personally can't wait to see it!! )

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    And yet, I remember one of her friends telling Emily that her choice based upon talking to the guys would have been Ryan. So, I am guessing that that friend told Emily that BEFORE Ryan interrupted their "girl talk" and made that remark about gaining weight after marriage.
    I'm so glad you wrote this b/c I was wondering how on earth that friend could've just listened to Ryan make that weight comment and then say he was her favorite. It didn't make any sense to me! I wonder if that friend was yelling at the TV when she saw how they edited it out of sequence. IK I would've!
    Mikesgirl83 likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast