Closed Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Arie - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Arie - Bachelorette 8

The magazine was "In Touch." There was only one copy of that particular issue left on the checkstand. I've heard that there's always at least a little bit of truth to gossip, rumors. I wondered about the rumor that Arie had rejected Emily. What was in the article could be an explanation. Also. I read on this board about a bachelor sleeping with five of the women on the show. Those who are on the show can spend the night in the lead's hotel room when they're in another country. And, during Brad's second season, while I was trying to remain spoiler-free, I saw Emily's picture on the cover of a magazine a couple of weeks before the proposal show. So, the magazines must have good, accurate sources.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 07-28-2012 at 10:51 PM.

In Touch is just a rag magazine. I wouldn't put credence in any of their stories. There is not always at least a little bit of truth to gossip and rumors, otherwise Jennifer Aniston would be the mother of about 5 kids so far, they've had her pregnant so much lol. I do think though, that if someone wanted to sleep around on The Bachelor they could. Certainly didn't stop Ben The Greasy and Courtney The Easy. Bob Guiney is the Bachelor lead that slept with 5 1/2 women during his season. Turns out this was just MF joking around, hence the 1/2.
    Last edited by mesachick; 07-28-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    To quote a good friend... "Each to their own".

I don't see Sean as being able to handle the show. I think he'd crumble pretty quickly, and I definitely think Arie has more of an outgoing personality than Sean does. Sean is way more laid back. That being said, I'd rather see a brand new person enter the franchise than see either Sean or Arie be the lead. I like both of them way too much to see them get fed to the wolves on the ABC boards and elsewhere.
    I think Sean could carry the show, but I agree that I would rather they have someone new.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Sean will be Sean He's lovely and super kind. Nothing like Fake. Arie wasn't offered the gig, up until last week he said he would do the show if offered.( unless he was lying) and I dont know why he would do that.* cough* Maybe the producer didn't want him this time
    Actually, Arie was in LA and met with Millsy in mid-June and I've got to imagine that was the reason. Twitter's a wonderful thing. Why else would he go out there for a meeting? Sean wasn't even on their radar nor was he getting a "next bachelor" edit. They only started pimping him at the MTA...which would make sense since Arie had already turned it down.

Personally, I think Ryan would make an awesome Bachelor. It'd be a season for all fun with nothing to be taken seriously. I'm all for that! Sean would just be Jake 2.0. We've already gone the boring, religious type - we need someone else!!
    BTW, Living, JavaJo and 1 others like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Ryan is just as religious, if not moreso than Sean. That isn't a turnoff for me. Jake was overwhelmingly fake. I don't get that sense from Sean or his family. And Sean is a funny guy. But it's never been a requirement for the bachelor to have stellar personalities before so I don't get why he would be a problem. The last few bachelors have been snoresville for me. I think the last one I enjoyed was Andrew Firestone.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The magazine was "In Touch." There was only one copy of that particular issue left on the checkstand. I've heard that there's always at least a little bit of truth to gossip, rumors. I wondered about the rumor that Arie had rejected Emily. What was in the article could be an explanation. Also. I read on this board about a bachelor sleeping with five of the women on the show. Those who are on the show can spend the night in the lead's hotel room when they're in another country. And, during Brad's second season, while I was trying to remain spoiler-free, I saw Emily's picture on the cover of a magazine a couple of weeks before the proposal show. So, the magazines must have good, accurate sources.
    Yes, I mentioned that Bob slept with 5 different women on his show, but during his show they all stayed at the mansion and only the final 2 got to go to an exotic location. So some how Bob managed to sleep with these 5 different women during filming at the mansion. I read this from an article that interviewed Fleiss or Harrison, I can't remember at the moment. Bob sure disappointed me after he go this own show. I guess he believed all the hype. LOL

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Yes, I saw her. Very beautiful and a model. I'm happy for him, but sad he refused his own show.
    I am quite surprised that so many people were/are rooting for Roberto to be a Bachelor. It was widely reported by a number of sources (around the time that he and Ali broke up) that one of the reasons they broke up was Roberto's huge ANGER issues, and that he was very controlling, and old fashioned --- in the 'keep women barefoot and pregnant' sense. Although he's an attractive man, physically, and seems pleasant enough, when not stressed, this certainly isn't the type of man I would want to foist on any modern young woman nowadays.
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I am quite surprised that so many people were/are rooting for Roberto to be a Bachelor. It was widely reported by a number of sources (around the time that he and Ali broke up) that one of the reasons they broke up was Roberto's huge ANGER issues, and that he was very controlling, and old fashioned --- in the 'keep women barefoot and pregnant' sense. Although he's an attractive man, physically, and seems pleasant enough, when not stressed, this certainly isn't the type of man I would want to foist on any modern young woman nowadays.
    It is not the first time we here lies about men's anger issues AFTER a break up. And Ali still desperate to marry him. Just hype probably started by Ali's friends in revenge for breaking up with her. Roberto may have certain values he may want to live by that Ali does not have. That does not make him the names he is being called. I hope this does not keep walking to the tabloids. I will prefer not to ruin someone's reputation on say so's and stories we cannot verify. best to nip it in the bud.
    Last edited by Living; 07-29-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Well, I still feel that Emily hooking up w/ Jef is like a schoolteacher hooking up with one of her students..., or a mom with her son, and it's very gross and inappropriate.

I hope they will be happy, but it just seems like a sick scenario.
    Living and AlwaysVeg like this.

She is not his teacher or his mother. They are similar in age and in the recent photos I've seen of them together they look totally appropriate for each other. There is nothing gross or inappropriate or sick about their relationship, at least in my opinion.
    Imperfect1 and NEPASue like this.

Closed Thread