Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Arie - Bachelorette 8

Re: Arie - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by addison h. View Post
    There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the Arie/Emily scenario.

First of all: she's been around racing for a decade, and she had no idea who the guy is? Please. There's no way she's not already aware of him/his family.

Second: The guy has some bizarre stories to peddle. Did anybody notice the way he described his breakup with the other mom that he dated? He said that they were living together, he even took her kids to school, but then they broke up because she didn't want any more children, and she said he reminded her too much of her ex husband because he was in racing. Those are such obvious things - you'd couldn't possibly move in with a guy without already knowing that you didn't want more kids or that he was a race car driver. How ridiculous. Wonder what the real story is, 'cause it certainly isn't the one he's telling!
    He reminded her of her ex husband. Right! Like I said , he's saying all the right things.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Arie races Indy and Emily is from the Nascar world so it is possible she doesn't know that niche of the racing world. Yes, more needs to be discovered (by Emily) about how that relationship ended and why.
    Exactly. They are 2 totally different worlds.

FORT Fogey

Hee hee.

Arie Lyendyck.

Seriously?

Arie Lyin' d!ck.

I hope not.

OK, I'll grow up now.

If I must.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I like him. And it sure looks like Emily does too.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I feel like that's up to Emily. I know a lot of people say Arie always says the right thing but he doesn't come across as smooth to me and I don't think he was faking when he thought Emily might be not giving him the rose. His face was very expressive and he turned kind of red.
    He does come across as real and sincere. I've just been fooled so much by smooth talkers that I don't trust my own judgment anymore when it comes to some men.
    NEPASue and tbamom like this.

There's a really cute video on the ABC Bachelorette site that's called Uncensored - Muscles. It shows Arie has a self-deprecating sense of humor which I love. If nothing else he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously unlike someone like Ryan.

FORT Fogey

He seemed sincere to me. He was genuinely disappointed when Emily was pretending to let him go, and he also was the one to comfort her when she felt hurt by Alessandro. That all seemed to reflect actual caring on his part.
    mesachick, ilja, Photobabe and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    There's a really cute video on the ABC Bachelorette site that's called Uncensored - Muscles. It shows Arie has a self-deprecating sense of humor which I love. If nothing else he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously unlike someone like Ryan.
    I wish they would show those scenes. ( I thought that was fun) It makes them seem more real.Instead of all the slick lines we have to hear, that often sound rehearsed to me.
    CrazyDutchWoman and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Emily should pick him, wrap this up and go home. He seems sincere and very interested, and she wants someone who would be honored to be Ricki's dad. I bet a fellow race care driver would be glad to help raise the child of a deceased colleague (even though they didn't know each other, they're sort of comrades). Anyway, that would keep me from having to see hothead Ryan and doucheCopter Kalon anymore. I didn't mind Kalon until he made that remark to Emily, when HE was the one who wouldn't shut up. Apparently he likes to hear himself talk a little too much.

Who is John Galt?

I don't think he is that attractive, but I guess she does. Physically, he is probably more her type than Sean. But, a race car driver? That would be a huge mistake (having lost one guy already to sudden death. Arie's chosen profession is so dangerous. He is rather cute and seems like a very nice guy, so he just may end up her choice in the end.
    NEPASue likes this.