Closed Thread
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Arie - Bachelorette 8

Re: Arie - Bachelorette 8

While I did see more passion between Arie and Emily than Jef and Emily during the first half of this season, I did notice and even mentioned it on here that the passion seemed to be cooling at least from Emily's part during the last part of the season.

There's more to deep love than sexual tension. Deep love lasts even during the humdrum days.

I loved and still love Arie. I would love to see him as the next bachelor instead of boring Roberto. The thing is I believe he really did fall for Emily and am not sure how quickly he could handle being the lead. Though I am glad to hear he's been seen with someone.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    While I did see more passion between Arie and Emily than Jef and Emily during the first half of this season, I did notice and even mentioned it on here that the passion seemed to be cooling at least from Emily's part during that last part of the season.

There's more to deep love than sexual tension. Deep love lasts even during the humdrum days.

I loved and still love Arie. I would love to see him as the next bachelor instead of boring Roberto. The thing is I believe he really did fall for Emily and am not sure how quickly he could handle being the lead. Though I am glad to hear he's been seen with someone.
    He did say he would do this show again .I think that leaves the door wide open.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh that would be awesome.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    they were using Arie all season.
    It is possible he broke Cassie's heart years ago and she got an opportunity to throw him under the bus. God only knows the snippets Emily was being fed about Arie.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I don't think Cassie (now happily engaged and to be married next month) holds a 10 year grudge.

The show has to have conflict in storyline between the final two suitors, or it wouldn't work...no matter how much people say they want to only see the love story. Showing Arie as the physical/chemistry F2 brings in that element.

Hey - I fangirled for both Bevin and Chantal - and they got the F2 physical edit; though at the time it looked like love. YIKES!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Fanny Mare, I don't think I could handle trying to watch the episode again - for some reason, I recall him saying he "would" do the whole thing again, but I took it in a hypothetical sense, referring to doing the same thing all over again. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him as The Bachelor, although I agree with others who have said let's have some brand-new, unknown people.
    TV_Junkie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Fanny Mare, I don't think I could handle trying to watch the episode again - for some reason, I recall him saying he "would" do the whole thing again, but I took it in a hypothetical sense, referring to doing the same thing all over again. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him as The Bachelor, although I agree with others who have said let's have some brand-new, unknown people.
    This was an interview on E! someone asked him if he would do this again, and he said yes.
    wannasee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Good post! Yes, there must be posters who read spoilers, then state that something "might" happen when they know that it will happen. Also, of course it's always hardest for the F2. Out of all the guys, Arie got the most passion from Emily, along with several one-on-one dates... so it would seem natural to him that he had the best chance with Emily... and that of all the guys being let go, he would feel the worst. Preparing the love potion was like Ben getting down on one knee to propose to Ashley. It was mean for them to have Arie prepare the love potion... but then, they were using Arie all season.

OMG my heart was breaking for him when he was making that potion knowing what was going to happen. And when he was telling her about it she didn't even say anything she was smiling - how can you do that? I know it's a stupid show and you have to string them along to make it interesting but that just about tore my heart out. Imagine what he was thinking! And then at ATFR he still looked so sad and hurt I hope he finds someone soon to make that hurt go away...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG my heart was breaking for him when he was making that potion knowing what was going to happen. And when he was telling her about it she didn't even say anything she was smiling - how can you do that? I know it's a stupid show and you have to string them along to make it interesting but that just about tore my heart out. Imagine what he was thinking! And then at ATFR he still looked so sad and hurt I hope he finds someone soon to make that hurt go away...
    It was a very sad scene when they showed Arie preparing the love potion. But, maybe part of the reason they mistreat the non-chosen finalist during the proposal show is to get viewers on the side of the rejected finalist, when the rejected person is the lead during the next season. Also, typically, one finalist is the one the lead is passionate about, and the non-chosen finalist is the "good" one. Jef fits into a third category. Emily was passionate with Arie, plus they're both from the car racing world. Sean was the "good" one, who talked about being a father/husband. Sean always mentioned father before husband. And Jef... he knows about Louis Vuitton luggage, and he claims that he also wants children yesterday, just like Emily. I don't know if I would consider that deep love.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Even though Arie does absolutely nothing for me in the sexual turn-on department, and I didn't see any genuine chemistry between he and Emily, I have to say that that whole scene where he was making the potion not knowing any better than Emily had already chosen Jef, my heart went out to him. I felt bad watching it and it made me cringe.
    Imperfect1, ilja, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Closed Thread