Closed Thread
Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Arie - Bachelorette 8

FORT Newbie

Re: Arie - Bachelorette 8

I agree that Arie was treated horribly with the airing of the entire journal segment. I will also never be convinced that Emily didn't read his journal since, after all, it was about her favorite subject-Emily.

Thank goodness he didn't grovel and just walked away from her and wished her well, which was clearly not the reaction she was hoping for. Arie dodged a huge bullet and hopefully he sees that now....I just wish that he had said it last night!!!
    BTW, Living, Luvvy and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    RS and a Spoiler site both had the F1 before the Finale. Which is fine, in a way, because those who don't look for it on the internet would only read speculation in the tabloids. By having it live, though, it put doubt about how the Arie/Emily thing resolved...maybe he did win her back...so even the spoiled as to the ending of the show still got nervous about the ATFR. It was a ratings winner BIG TIME for Fleiss and Co. Mostly thanks to Arie, who kept the suspense going after the show finished taping.
    At the beginning of this season, someone posted that they thought that Emily would pick Jef because of the way she looks at him. (At the beginning of the season, I didn't even know who Jef was). The poster also mentioned something about Jef's wealth, which they mentioned is important to Emily. As soon as I read that, I thought that was a way of sneaking a spoiler into a post. Then Fleiss claimed that people will be surprised on the finale show. So for about two weeks, I thought I was spoiler-free. Then, when Emily sent Arie away, I realized that there was nothing special about the ending, and the spoilers were true. The proposal show was like the proposal shows from previous seasons. At least I didn't watch the entire proposal show, and I didn't watch even one second of the AFRS, since I knew there wouldn't be any surprises on that show. AlwaysVeg called it: it was just hype from Fleiss. I assume that future seasons of this show will be as predictable as this season; the unwanted spoilers that I read will be true; and Fleiss' statements about "surprises" won't be true.
    NEPASue, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Sometimes opinions about how the contestants operate on the show and off the show can be mistaken for spoilers.

A true spoiler is if someone posts so and so is F1...or the naming of any contestants that can not be seen in previews as continuing to the next episode only. In other words, once the rose ceremony is concluded you should only be seeing those remaining in the next week episode preview.

I'm sorry that an opinion drew you into thinking you had read a confirmed spoiler.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Sometimes opinions about how the contestants operate on the show and off the show can be mistaken for spoilers. A true spoiler is if someone posts so and so is F1...or the naming of any contestants that can not be seen in previews as continuing to the next episode only. In other words, once the rose ceremony is concluded you should only be seeing those remaining in the next week episode preview. I'm sorry that an opinion drew you into thinking you had read a confirmed spoiler.
    It wasn't a confirmed spoiler, but after I read the post, I knew it was true. I just knew. I watched the season anyway. (The same thing happened during Ben's season... I read a post that didn't have an official spoiler comment, but I knew). Also, whether or not Fleiss had tweeted comments about who Emily might choose... and whether or not there was, or wasn't, a live AFRS, I would have watched about the same amount of the proposal show. Whether I did, or didn't, know who Emily would choose, I would have wanted to see the detalis of how Emily chose F1, and how Emily rejected F2. Also, what was the purpose of showing Arie preparing a love potion right before he was rejected? Was if for "drama?" Couldn't they have edited it out? Whether or not I thought I was spoiler-free again because of Fleiss' comments, I would have turned my TV off at about the same time while watching the proposal show. With or without Fleiss' comments, the show would have generated about the same amount of interest for me. Could Fleiss' comments have affected ratings that much for the season finale? Don't finale shows typically have better ratings? I occasionally checked the ratings during Emily's season. The ratings for some of the shows were about the same, and sometimes worse, than the ratings for Ashley's season.

Sometimes opinions about how the contestants operate on the show and off the show can be mistaken for spoilers.

A true spoiler is if someone posts so and so is F1...or the naming of any contestants that can not be seen in previews as continuing to the next episode only. In other words, once the rose ceremony is concluded you should only be seeing those remaining in the next week episode preview.

I'm sorry that an opinion drew you into thinking you had read a confirmed spoiler.

I know some posters here read the spoilers and then state they believe so and so might happen when they know darn well it will. I figured Jef was F1 with all the talk here, but thought that the live ATFR would have some kind of twist. For the most part I enjoyed this season because I didn't know anything & liked most of the guys and Emily too. But when Arie was let go, I felt so bad for him I stopped watching. For some reason the final episode just left me feeling empty - it was really a weird season...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    At the beginning of this season, someone posted that they thought that Emily would pick Jef because of the way she looks at him. (At the beginning of the season, I didn't even know who Jef was). The poster also mentioned something about Jef's wealth, which they mentioned is important to Emily. As soon as I read that, I thought that was a way of sneaking a spoiler into a post. Then Fleiss claimed that people will be surprised on the finale show. So for about two weeks, I thought I was spoiler-free. Then, when Emily sent Arie away, I realized that there was nothing special about the ending, and the spoilers were true. The proposal show was like the proposal shows from previous seasons. At least I didn't watch the entire proposal show, and I didn't watch even one second of the AFRS, since I knew there wouldn't be any surprises on that show. AlwaysVeg called it: it was just hype from Fleiss. I assume that future seasons of this show will be as predictable as this season; the unwanted spoilers that I read will be true; and Fleiss' statements about "surprises" won't be true.
    Yes, very disappointed too. This battle between Fleiss and RS got me thinking there really were not spoilers and things were fresh. Not at all. I still have not watched the finale and have no interest to since it is going to be basic routine like other episodes. I had such hopes for this season since I liked Emily but realize they have all gone the way of Ashley and Ben season. At this stage, even Brad 2 seems to have been more interesting as there was more suspense and intrigue. This spoiler thing is really ruined this show for me. I might as well watch a movie, a series or a soap. At least I will enjoy the ones I choose.
    bachelorwatcher and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I know some posters here read the spoilers and then state they believe so and so might happen when they know darn well it will. I figured Jef was F1 with all the talk here, but thought that the live ATFR would have some kind of twist. For the most part I enjoyed this season because I didn't know anything & liked most of the guys and Emily too. But when Arie was let go, I felt so bad for him I stopped watching. For some reason the final episode just left me feeling empty - it was really a weird season...
    Good post! Yes, there must be posters who read spoilers, then state that something "might" happen when they know that it will happen. Also, of course it's always hardest for the F2. Out of all the guys, Arie got the most passion from Emily, along with several one-on-one dates... so it would seem natural to him that he had the best chance with Emily... and that of all the guys being let go, he would feel the worst. Preparing the love potion was like Ben getting down on one knee to propose to Ashley. It was mean for them to have Arie prepare the love potion... but then, they were using Arie all season.
    Living, jucamer and iwatchtv like this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Out of all the guys, Arie got the most passion from Emily, along with several one-on-one dates... so it would seem natural to him that he had the best chance with Emily... and that of all the guys being let go, he would feel the worst. Preparing the love potion was like Ben getting down on one knee to propose to Ashley. It was mean for them to have Arie prepare the love potion... but then, they were using Arie all season.
    I totally agree with the bolded statement. I felt that was why Cassie told Emily about her and Arie's relationship. They wanted her to doubt him and to think that he wasn't in it for the right reasons. I remember when her brother told Jef she wouldn't SETTLE.......I think she did, because she was afraid of how she felt with Arie. Yes, Jef may be a good guy, but I don't believe he was really her pick. My 2 favorites were Sean and Arie. I could see that Sean wasn't really her type, but Arie was.
    bachelorwatcher and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    I totally agree with the bolded statement. I felt that was why Cassie told Emily about her and Arie's relationship. They wanted her to doubt him and to think that he wasn't in it for the right reasons. I remember when her brother told Jef she wouldn't SETTLE.......I think she did, because she was afraid of how she felt with Arie. Yes, Jef may be a good guy, but I don't believe he was really her pick. My 2 favorites were Sean and Arie. I could see that Sean wasn't really her type, but Arie was.
    I don't think she would put herself through all of this, then choose Jef if she didn't feel he was the whole package She didn't have to choose anyone, she could have easily said no( if she wasn't sure) I dont think Arie was used, anymore than Ben was during Ashley's season, or any of the F2's are. They know what they are signing up for. I think there is a lot we dont see. Because they wanted to keep it a surprise to the end, perhaps they showed us more of her and Arie and less of her and Jef.
    bee stung lips, JavaJo and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

How about Bevin and Andy or Chantal and Brad? They both were more passionate relationships than what we were shown with the F1. Passion doesn't always mean a stronger relationship. Also, we may not have been shown some pretty passionate stuff between Jef and Emily as a form of mis-direction. Not that tptb would do such a thing.
    bee stung lips and NEPASue like this.

Closed Thread