Closed Thread
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Arie - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fanatic

Re: Arie - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    I would be happy with Arie, Jef or Sean as the Bachelor, personally my first pick would be Sean, just because he got a boring edit doesn't mean he is boring. You all know I love Jef so I'll leave it at that, lol! I think Arie would make a great Bachelor but from an eye candy stand point I want Sean
    I just wish I was attracted to Sean, since he could very well be the next Bachelor. He's a nice guy, but I do not find him attactive at all. But, it's the personality that counts. His ex cheerleader GF is a doll. But it does bother me it took him 3 years to tell her she wasn't the one?
    NEPASue and jaytwo like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    All this hype about there being a surprise ending that no one could foresee is, IMO, just that: hype. They always make it sound like the. most. dramatic. finale. ever. Don't they ever get tired of doing that? Don't people ever learn that it means nothing? Will Arie reject Emily, so she picks Jef? Will Jef reject Emily, so she picks Arie? If anything even remotely like that happens, it will be some little blip that is quickly overcome, and the ending will be as usual (except in Brad's first season, when he had good sense), with an engagement and probably in this case, VERY premature talk about wedding plans. I would think Emily would know better and take some time for her and Ricki to get to know her F1 better. She and Brad were supposedly in love, too.
    AlwaysVeg, you called it. How did you know? Actually the proposal show was more boring than you predicted. There wasn't anything dramatic on the show, such as a rejected proposal... in fact, there wasn't anything remotely dramatic at all on the show. Of course I didn't watch the AFRS. Why should I? I'm sure it was as predictable as the other After the Final Rose shows from previous seasons. When i saw Arie riding away in the car, I thought he was the lucky one. I'm sure he'll find a nice, low-maintenance, (unlike Emily), girl.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fanatic

There was no denying the chemistry between Arie and Emily. I see absolutely no sparks between Emily and Jef at all. I honestly believe Emily took the safe choice in this one. Is Jef a great guy - I don't deny it. Did she follow her heart - NOPE - she followed her head. The pain in Arie's eyes last night during the After The Rose was still apparent. He was in love and she broke his heart. I hope he is the next Bachelor -I want a happy ending for him. As for Emily and Jef - BORING.
    Living, jucamer, iwatchtv and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I just wish I was attracted to Sean, since he could very well be the next Bachelor. He's a nice guy, but I do not find him attactive at all. But, it's the personality that counts. His ex cheerleader GF is a doll. But it does bother me it took him 3 years to tell her she wasn't the one?
    ITA except I DO think Sean is attractive and I don't want him to be the Bachelor b/c I think MF will ruin him. It bothers me too, about him dating Brooke for 3 years & didn't see forever...wth is he looking for? Maybe he doesn't know...

It would have been great if the rumor of her getting "rejected" by her dream man (Arie) came to life on the show. I would have had to LAUGH!! Surely MF would want to use that footage, whether Miss Emily wanted him to or not!
    bachelorwatcher likes this.

I would prefer he dates someone for three years, and didn't marry and then have to divorce.

As for Arie, he was seen with his ex Rockwell.She looks exactly like Emily.
    If he's the next bachelor, look for all of them blond, with veneers
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    AlwaysVeg, you called it. How did you know? Actually the proposal show was more boring than you predicted. There wasn't anything dramatic on the show, such as a rejected proposal... in fact, there wasn't anything remotely dramatic at all on the show. Of course I didn't watch the AFRS. Why should I? I'm sure it was as predictable as the other After the Final Rose shows from previous seasons. When i saw Arie riding away in the car, I thought he was the lucky one. I'm sure he'll find a nice, low-maintenance, (unlike Emily), girl.
    Thanks, bw. I don't have a crystal ball or anything LOL ... it's just the way it always goes. The only thing that surprises me somewhat is how people always buy in to the lies, the scripting, and the hype time and time again. Maybe that's what you call selective amnesia ... "Oh, this time it's all true!" It's a bunch of phonies creating a phony show featuring a bunch of phony people saying and doing phony things. I really think I've finally had enough and will not watch anymore. It's not entertaining, informative, educational, or even amusing to me anymore. When I'm on my deathbed, I'll wish I could get all those hours back!
    Living likes this.

FORT Fogey

It was despicable to air the whole segment about Arie going to Charlotte to give Emily his journal to read, and he was clearly publicly embarrassed about having done that. While I understand why she didn't want to read it, why not just mail it back to him, not bring it to the show after obvbiously informing the producers about it, to hand it back to him on national TV? Either she told the producers something that didn't need to be told and was disrespectful and inconsiderate to a man who she knew was already hurting, or it was the producers who urged Arie to fly to Charlotte with the journal and try to see her. Either way, it's appalling and there was no reason to do that to Arie on the air.

FORT Fogey

It was cruel thing to do to Arie, showing him preparing a love potion right before Emily rejected him. I thought Emily wasn't gong to give a rose to either guy on the proposal show, then maybe give a rose to Arie on the live AFRS. But, since this season had an ending that was the same as the ending of previous seasons, what was the purpose of a live AFRS? The proposal show wasn't unique or different in any way from previous seasons. The plotlines, endings, and characters of all the series are basically the same every season, (except Brad's first season). The only difference is that the characters have different names.
    Imperfect1, jucamer, Midol and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    It was cruel thing to do to Arie, showing him preparing a love potion right before Emily rejected him. I thought Emily wasn't gong to give a rose to either guy on the proposal show, then maybe give a rose to Arie on the live AFRS. But, since this season had an ending that was the same as the ending of previous seasons, what was the purpose of a live AFRS? The proposal show wasn't unique or different in any way from previous seasons. The plotlines, endings, and characters of all the series are basically the same every season, (except Brad's first season). The only difference is that the characters have different names.

I didn't read any of the spoilers - did RS find out who the F1 was before the finale? I was thinking they were airing ATFR live so he couldn't give away anything

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

RS and a Spoiler site both had the F1 before the Finale. Which is fine, in a way, because those who don't look for it on the internet would only read speculation in the tabloids.

By having it live, though, it put doubt about how the Arie/Emily thing resolved...maybe he did win her back...so even the spoiled as to the ending of the show still got nervous about the ATFR.

It was a ratings winner BIG TIME for Fleiss and Co. Mostly thanks to Arie, who kept the suspense going after the show finished taping.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread