Closed Thread
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Arie - Bachelorette 8

Re: Arie - Bachelorette 8

I do think that smaller men use machinery to compensate for lack of powerful physical attributes
    Well....I agree it's a huge generalization. I married a man who isn't that much taller/bigger than I am physically and he doesn't drive fast cars or spend 10 hours at the gym to compensate. He doesn't need to compensate. He's a wonderful, kind, loving man who is a tremendous husband and an amazing father.
    dzigner, cindebugg and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Besides, there are female race car drivers. Are they "compensating," too?

I am huge fan of Danica Patrick, I doubt she is compensating
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am huge fan of Danica Patrick, I doubt she is compensating
    No she isn't, but I would love for her to get her advice on what type of ads and such she decides to do from a woman instead of the two main men in her life. It is very difficult for me to support her when she does those very tacky Go Daddy commercials. I also imagine it is rather difficult for any of them men that she races with to take her serious either. I'm glad she found a team that wanted to take a chance on her for the Sprint Cup but I do wish that it had not been Tony Stewart as he is my absolute favorite driver/owner.

As much as I'm on Team Arie at the moment, I can't help but be a bit worried after seeing his last name. Not knowing how it's really pronounced, the way I'm pronouncing it in my head is not very complimentary.
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    No she isn't, but I would love for her to get her advice on what type of ads and such she decides to do from a woman instead of the two main men in her life. It is very difficult for me to support her when she does those very tacky Go Daddy commercials. I also imagine it is rather difficult for any of them men that she races with to take her serious either. I'm glad she found a team that wanted to take a chance on her for the Sprint Cup but I do wish that it had not been Tony Stewart as he is my absolute favorite driver/owner.
    Go Daddy is one of her sponsors, and its difficult to get and keep a sponsor happy.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Race car drivers are often lean/trim & not-so-muscular types.
    A HUGE generalization but I may as well say it... guys who need to drive fast toys are trying to make up for lack of physical prowess. I know several race-car drivers and they all happen to be lean, not the traditional "manly" as in "muscular/powerful".

I don't necessarily think this IS rude, nor do I want to BE rude, but... I do think that smaller men use machinery to compensate for lack of powerful physical attributes (although never admitting to actually "compensating"). That's a very primitive thought that I was hesitant to broach because I don't want to offend. I'm just thinking in a very simple sociological way.

It's not a whole lot different than me wearing a "water-bra" to compensate for my small features.
    Uh... not the race car driver I spent several years with - who was also a mighty fine wrestler, I might add
    jucamer and Eastcoastmom like this.

FORT Fogey

Yep, and the late Paul Newman was, among other things, a race car driver, and I don't think Paul Newman had anything to compensate for!
    jucamer and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Yep, and the late Paul Newman was, among other things, a race car driver, and I don't think Paul Newman had anything to compensate for!
    Aww AV he was one of my favorites!!!!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    ICAM. It's interesting too how if you look at pictures of Ricky, Jeff looks quite a bit like him. Arie does too in some ways. They all are/were baby faced. I think it just gives them a sweet boyish charm.
    I think that is one thing that touched Trista's heart...not the traditional Hottness...I think Jef and Arie have it - Chris, Doug and others not so much (Ryan definitely not)

Closed Thread