Closed Thread
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Arie - Bachelorette 8

Re: Arie - Bachelorette 8

Arie is not a gym buffed meat head, his body type is more lean and normal looking. I don't see feminine either, and I'm not really sure how to picture what people mean when they refer to it. Ben had a very normal looking physique as well, albeit a little softer around the middle if I recall, but there's nothing wrong with not being a muscle bound fitness freak, IMO. I hope so, because I'm certainly not
    mesachick, jucamer and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

I don't understand the references to Arie being feminine, either, unless it means he has a soft and emotional side, which I personally think is nice. Seems to me race car drivers have to be pretty tough guys, but I don't follow car racing, so maybe not. I think a little softness in a guy's personal life is a good balance. IMO, Arie would be the best choice for Emily, but I don't think she picks him in the end. I think 18-yr-old Emily does the picking.
    mesachick and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

So many definitions for feminine.

To me all it means is that he is pretty. He is not handsome, but pretty.

He's slight of build but he could still be handsome IMO, but instead he's pretty.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't understand the references to Arie being feminine, either, unless it means he has a soft and emotional side, which I personally think is nice. Seems to me race car drivers have to be pretty tough guys, but I don't follow car racing, so maybe not. I think a little softness in a guy's personal life is a good balance. IMO, Arie would be the best choice for Emily, but I don't think she picks him in the end. I think 18-yr-old Emily does the picking.
    ICAM. It's interesting too how if you look at pictures of Ricky, Jeff looks quite a bit like him. Arie does too in some ways. They all are/were baby faced. I think it just gives them a sweet boyish charm.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    ICAM. It's interesting too how if you look at pictures of Ricky, Jeff looks quite a bit like him. Arie does too in some ways. They all are/were baby faced. I think it just gives them a sweet boyish charm.
    I made that point in the Jef thread, where I posted a link to a photo of Ricky to show the similarity.

I finally watched Glass House this evening and a question to those playing along at the abc site was from one of the women who wanted to know if Arie was still on the Bachelorette. The answer came back YES. I laughed because the poor girl is missing her Bachelorette episodes. She squealed with joy and let the others know her question.
    sweetpea, mesachick, Midol and 1 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

That's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I finally watched Glass House this evening and a question to those playing along at the abc site was from one of the women who wanted to know if Arie was still on the Bachelorette. The answer came back YES. I laughed because the poor girl is missing her Bachelorette episodes. She squealed with joy and let the others know her question.
    I watched the show too...Horrible, trully horrible rip off of Big Brother...but that one scene was the only thing that made me laugh. The Bachelor/ette addicts they/we are everywhere.
    mesachick and ilja like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Here is the link to the ABCMedianet press release and full interview Arie gave to call in reporters.

ABC Medianet

PLEASE Do not copy/paste any of the interview in this thread.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-22-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Race car drivers are often lean/trim & not-so-muscular types.
    A HUGE generalization but I may as well say it... guys who need to drive fast toys are trying to make up for lack of physical prowess. I know several race-car drivers and they all happen to be lean, not the traditional "manly" as in "muscular/powerful".

I don't necessarily think this IS rude, nor do I want to BE rude, but... I do think that smaller men use machinery to compensate for lack of powerful physical attributes (although never admitting to actually "compensating"). That's a very primitive thought that I was hesitant to broach because I don't want to offend. I'm just thinking in a very simple sociological way.

It's not a whole lot different than me wearing a "water-bra" to compensate for my small features.

Closed Thread