Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Arie - Bachelorette 8

Re: Arie - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I can't get past those close set eyes to see him as good looking.
    Didn't you call him lobster eyes?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

The guy I find effeminate both in appearance and manner of talking is Jef. Had to laugh when I read a description of him as "Emily's gay younger brother." Arie not so much! I think they make a good-looking couple, actually.
    BTW, mesachick, Living and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Actually, it was Jef and Arie that he made the original comment to. THe three of them were sitting at the table or counter, whatever it is, talking when Kalon said it. If Chris was present, they never showed him and you don't hear him.
    I think those were two different conversations. We never saw the actual "baggage" comment when Kalon first said it. At the group date that night, Chris referenced Kalon saying it "last night" in front of him. The conversation you are refering to occured during the day with Jeff and Arie and Kalon telling Jeff, after Jeff talked about having only group dates thus far, that if Jeff ends up with Emily, all his dates will be group dates because Ricki will be there. Then he did the awkward laugh and the other two just looked at him. During the group date I think Arie mentioned/inferred that this is the first he had heard of the baggage statement.

I think the whole thing was edited to make it seem that was the conversation, but it wasn't. And it also makes me wonder why, once again we don't get to see the actual damaging scene. I know there were several, but the other one that comes to mind is Roz during Jake's season. We never got to see her making out with the producer as she was accused and you would think they would make sure to show us such nuggets if they had them. Just another dull story line to up the drama of a boring season, with mostly boring people...or at least their edited versions.
    fireflyer, wannasee and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Didn't you call him lobster eyes?
    No, that was actually Chris, whom I actually like...lol
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Ok, so I tried to do a little searching and I can't find where Arie is still raceing. Last time I saw him in a race was in 2010 and that was a part-time schedule. So what exactly does this guy do?
    fireflyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    Ok, so I tried to do a little searching and I can't find where Arie is still raceing. Last time I saw him in a race was in 2010 and that was a part-time schedule. So what exactly does this guy do?
    Arie doesn't have a team this season, but he is doing some kind of broadcasting during the Indy series races. I can't remember where but I remember seeing a picture of him with Mario Andretti with Mario making fun of his stint on the Bette by handing him a rose. (Twitter maybe.)He also has a company with some partners to do with go carts.

I see, thanks Midol. So it was much ado about nothing since he is no longer "putting his life in danger" by driving a fast car on a fast track with other drivers. Please tell me he at least has a college degree of some sort since so much fuss has been made about Emily and her lack of wanting to further her education.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I see, thanks Midol. So it was much ado about nothing since he is no longer "putting his life in danger" by driving a fast car on a fast track with other drivers. Please tell me he at least has a college degree of some sort since so much fuss has been made about Emily and her lack of wanting to further her education.
    I really have no idea about his education but from what I know about racers, most start young and don't generally go to college although they do some types of courses on engineering of engines and cars. Most seem to learn on the go and not the typical structured schooling as we are familiar with. Maybe someone else knows?

I would just love for Fleiss to have some truth in advertising. Obviously he likes to bulk up their jobs to make them seem more important than what they really are. Anyway, doesn't really bother me at all what level of education any of them have. Was just curious since so much was made about Emily not furthering her education. Perhaps she and Arie would be a perfect match if they both think that higher education is not that important to them.

Perhaps she and Arie would be a perfect match if they both think that higher education is not that important to them.
    I'm not sure we can come to this conclusion. I haven't seen any quotes from either of them saying they don't think higher education is important. Rather, I think it is the opinion of some who watch that since Emily wants to get married and have more kids, she must not have any goals to educate herself further. We don't know if Arie has been to college, plans on going to college, or could care less about college.