Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Jef - Bachelorette 8

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    JEF doesn't seem that bad...but it's just so dumb the way he spells his name...where the heck is the other F
    Emily stole it for her GTFO comment.
    Coco46, Alexxxx and wannasee like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    On thebachelor (dot) warnerbros website is a short video of Jef giving Emily a lesson on skateboarding - at her request. Emily certainly acts like a school girl with a major crush when she is around him. It is almost like Jef reminds Emily of a time in her life when she was more carefree. She does not act like this around any of the other guys. Interesting.
    Thanks. The one, be it bach or bachette that holds back for the chase always seems to shine brightly. The mating dance is one that never changes. I love to see the lizzards on my screen being coy and givng chase to the little fella who is puffing out his brightly colored neck.

I liked Kathy Griffin's question to Emily as she sat next to her on Jimmy Kimmel. "Can you tell who is on there to be the next bachelor?" Her reply, "yes, they always say the perfect things."

Also when Jimmy slammed Jef for using only one F she protested, "no that is cool." She seemed so young in that moment and cute.

That was exactly my point...Emily is MOST interested in Jef for a couple of reasons. First, it is the "mating dance" as you put it. I don't think that Emily has had to do much of the chasing in the past, and Jef's demeanor toward her so far has slightly thrown her off her game. Emily keeps using the word "cool" when describing him, like she in awe of him. Secondly, to me Emily seems to act very childlike around him, which gives me the idea that there is a part of her that would like to shed the responsibilty of adulthood and be able to go back to a more carefree time in her life.

Anyway, I see her attraction for Jef as twofold. He is making her do the chasing, and he is bringing out the kid in her. I definitely think that he will be around for a while.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 05-26-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    ko_vixen, Coco46 and ilja like this.

I can see that, Longhornfan. I think Brad's mistake (and the show's mistake the first time she was on) was putting her on this pedestal, the perfect Southern Lady / Tragic Single Mother, and basically worshipping at the feet of it. What young woman, in her 20s, can maintain that kind of image? She had a child very young, and as a result missed out on a lot of experiences. Perhaps Jef does bring out that younger Emily, and she likes how it makes her feel.

It would be so very dull to have to always think about being perfect, and to know so many people expect you to behave a particular way. Maybe when she swears a blue streak and shows the temper that apparently shocked Brad after the final rose...then we'll see who likes her better for it and who finds it off putting.
    Longhornfan, Coco46, ilja and 1 others like this.

I am wondering personality wise who is more like her late love. Maybe she is remembering the joy of being 18 and in love and a carefree person goes best with that combo. She plays at the hard questions with the grown up men but in reality maybe she wants to just have fun. I wonder if he will get the same hard hitting drill that Ryan or Joe got.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I am wondering personality wise who is more like her late love. Maybe she is remembering the joy of being 18 and in love and a carefree person goes best with that combo. She plays at the hard questions with the grown up men but in reality maybe she wants to just have fun. I wonder if he will get the same hard hitting drill that Ryan or Joe got.

Jef may be the one that was more like Ricky and that is why she seems drawn to him. She is just 26 she should be having fun even with a child. Emily isn't my favorite but gosh she needs to be young and not so old soul acting.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Jef's really not doing anything for me so far. Maybe it's his young looks or hair but mostly he reminds me too much of Jesse.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

FORT Fogey

From my many years experience, Emily around Jeff seems to be a woman in love. When a woman is in love, she tend to act silly/childish/coy/shy around the guy she is in love with. Call it love at first sight or whatever, but by the time he walked away from her at the m&g, she was smitten. There does not have to be a reason why she acts childish around Jef, from her conversations we have seen, Emily likes him very much even giving him "the look" etc. That is NORMAL behaviour of a person in love, it does not have to be her having missed out on early years etc etc.or even have a reason to like/love someone. When it happens, it happens. From the 2 episodes I have watched, I have observed that this season is going to be a straight love story.... that is if we want to see it as tptb are showing it and I believe intend to show it plainly without the normal drama.

On the other hand, even though Jef looks young which is basically 4 years difference from the majority of men there, his appearance is much fresher. Usually between the ages of about 18-30 except for women/sometimes/make up etc, it is difficult to know someone's age just by their physical appearance.

Jef has beautiful expressive eyes. With his experience in his charity, he may have more depth to him which I'm sure he knows and also realizes that most people tend to be just outward. They look at his young looks and put him in a box thereby underestimating him. This I believe gives him an advantage which he is aware of. By looking at his eyes and demeanor there seems to be more maturity to him than most of the guys.

I am not letting anything distract me from this lovely love story. hair, nails, youth, work, career, height, spelling of his name etc
    Last edited by Living; 05-28-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

Most successful marriages I know, the woman spotted/fell for/liked the man first. Then she chased/enticed/lured/attracted him or made him notice and fall in love with her, then, she relaxed and let him do the chasing. After marriage, he continues to do everything to please her even though she had to do the initial working to get him interested.

Emily we know is interested. Lets see Jef fall in love.
    Last edited by Living; 05-28-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    Most successful marriages I know, the woman spotted/fell for/liked the man first. Then she chased/enticed/lured/attracted him or made him notice and fall in love with her, then, she relaxed and let him do the chasing. After marriage, he continues to do everything to please her even though she had to do the initial working to get him interested.

Emily we know is interested. Lets see Jef fall in love.
    I have to agree with you.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.