Closed Thread
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Re: Jef - Bachelorette 8

I re-watched last weeks episode last night and must admit that Jef and Emily do seem to have a really close and sweet relationship. I think sometimes when I watch them, I do so with my Team Arie eyes and forget that it's not who I am attracted to the most but who Emily is.
    angelic_one2002, NEPASue and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

I've practically gotten eyestrain trying to see what Emily finds attractive in Jeff, but nope, can't see it.
    ladygreco and jaytwo like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

There is a great picture of Jef with two of his buddies at a diner or restaurant, all looking like three stoners at the end of a rough night. It had to be taken right before he went on the show because his hair was cut and styled as it is now. The other two guys have long messy hair, and I can just see Immaculate Em and little Ricki hanging out with those dudes for an evening ... NOT! I can't bring the photo over here, but if you look around you can probably find it and get some added perspective on who Jef really is. I do believe we are judged by the company we keep, and we choose friends with whom we have things in common.

Pictures do not give us the full story. His best friends work with him at People Water and they also are skateboarders and quirky, as is Jef.

My inclination is to like quirky, inventive and smart. I voted for Justin on Food Network Star for this reason and I'm pulling for Jef for this reason. Whether his personality and Emily's personality click is between them. In your search you will also find, via Instagram, that he and his buddies golf. What? Unreasonable, I know...slackers golfing. But, that is what I like about him - he isn't defined by any stereotype.
    dzigner, JavaJo, wannasee and 2 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Pictures do not give us the full story. His best friends work with him at People Water and they also are skateboarders and quirky, as is Jef.

My inclination is to like quirky, inventive and smart. I voted for Justin on Food Network Star for this reason and I'm pulling for Jef for this reason. Whether his personality and Emily's personality click is between them. In your search you will also find, via Instagram, that he and his buddies golf. What? Unreasonable, I know...slackers golfing. But, that is what I like about him - he isn't defined by any stereotype.
    Me, too, but to paraphrase from a forum friend, these guys look nothing but hopeless, homeless, and stoned! If that's what quirky is, fine, they're quirky, but I see absolutely nothing in that photo to suggest inventive and smart.

I sort of felt like her fiance Ricky looked a bit like a stoner too.... so maybe that is what she likes about Jef. She certainly does not give off that impression to me, but maybe that is what she means by liking a guy with "edge"???

FORT Fan

I read an interview where Emily said she's not into the Ken doll type of guy everybody would expect that she likes the alternative/quirky/rocker type of guy and she likes long hair on guys too... So Jef is much more her type then people might think.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    There is a great picture of Jef with two of his buddies at a diner or restaurant, all looking like three stoners at the end of a rough night. It had to be taken right before he went on the show because his hair was cut and styled as it is now. The other two guys have long messy hair, and I can just see Immaculate Em and little Ricki hanging out with those dudes for an evening ... NOT! I can't bring the photo over here, but if you look around you can probably find it and get some added perspective on who Jef really is. I do believe we are judged by the company we keep, and we choose friends with whom we have things in common.
    I've seen that picture too, and what I saw was way beyond quirky. Those guys looked positively disreputable -- the kind of guys that if you saw coming towards you on the street, you'd pass to the other side to avoid them, and these are Jeff's besties. But, what struck me most about the pic was as you said, trying to imagine Emily and especially Ricki in the picture with them. Only in the Twilight Zone.

I've felt all along that Jeff cleaned up his image quite a bit and tweaked it to be more what Emily would like, just to come on the show. If Emily chooses Jeff as her F1, I think she's in for a rude awakening, once he gets comfortable enough in the new relationship to show more of who/what he really is. These peeps haven't been groomed to hang out with the cotillion set.
    bachelorwatcher and Midol like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Funny, because from what we've been shown of her life, her child, her home, her wardrobe, her car, her boyfriends, etc., I don't get the alternative/quirky/rocker type vibe ... at all.

I agree, Alexxxx. It makes sense that whether Jef came on the show to "win" Emily or to get publicity for PW, he needed to clean up to give a good impression and stay around for as long as possible. If he ever looked remotely like either of those two friends of his, he wouldn't have made it past the meet & greet. Michael had long hair but was neat, respectable, and sober looking. Can't say the same for the guys in that photo.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 07-16-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    mesachick and Midol like this.

Where I get lost with all of that is that Jeff just doesn't strike me as the rocker type, even with long hair. Quirky yes, rocker, no! Arie strikes me so much more that way.

Closed Thread