Closed Thread
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Jef - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Who says its not the truth? Just because he borrowed the words doesn't mean he doesn't mean them. Our wedding bands have a line from a movie etched on them..we borrowed it for our vows, too. So I guess I don't see a problem with it....
    Courtney did the same thing last year and it barely caused a ripple. I guess I'm just confused with all the Jef dislike.
    Great example. You said "We borrowed ... ". It was a joint decision with full disclosure. You picked a quote that meant something to you both.

Was Emily in on this script of Jeff's? Did she know he lifted it from somebody else? If she did, then great. But if she didn't,

It would make a difference to me.
    fireflyer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Hi there B'ette fans..... as you can see I am new here, sort of. I have been reading here a long time and wanted to get involved but then I ran into some snags with my account where I could not log in. I have finally got all of that figured out so I am hoping maybe I can join you here in these discussions. I love this show (much to my own dismay at times, LOL) and have especially enjoyed this year. I have seen every episode of both versions, with the exception of the first show ever.

I was not a huge fan of Emily on Brad's season but as this season started I found myself liking her more and more. And I really still do but I must say I was not particularly thrilled with the way she handled her last date with Sean and how she said goodbye to him. Not that I thought he was the right guy for her. But I did predict, in my own mind, that Sean, Arie and Jef would be the final 3.

Personally I am guessing that she is going to pick Jef. But I am firmly on team Arie. She keeps saying she wants a guy with edge and, IMO, Arie has a lot more edge than Jef does. Jef just seems so much younger than her too, even though I realize he is older. Emily is mature for her age, I am sure much of that coming from all she has been through. But to me the chemistry between her and Arie is undeniable whereas Jef seems like she's just have another kid to take care of.

Often my pick comes in second place (except I was rooting for Roberto with Ali all the way!) and certainly my opinion is not what counts. But no, I do not see her and Jef lasting, even if he is a nice guy. Which he probably is. But yes, I think he is very scripted, much more than some of the others.

It does not bother me at all that Arie was laughing and all of that when they showed him trying to tape his message to her. That has to be a very hard thing to do, and I think the more he tried the harder it got and at least he laughed at himself instead of getting angry like someone like Chris might have.

I wonder why TPTB have not really seemed to notice though, that the Bachelorettes always seem to do better in the picking department than the Bachelors do. Or at least is seems that way to me. Trista got married, Ashley and JP sure seem to be headed that way. Ali and Roberto made a good run at it. I don't remember how long Meredith was with Ian but it was certainly longer than some of these other relationships have lasted. Jen didn't do very well. Well, now that I think more, neither did DeAnna. And Jillian, at least they lasted about a year too. (I so kick myself now for having been rooting for Ed!)

By comparison, no bachelor is still with their pick, except for maybe Charlie? I know they got back together, not sure if they still are? And I do not count Jason and Molly, simply because he did not pick Molly at the end of the show. And considering there has been way more bachelors than bachelorettes, I just feel that the women do way better.

Anyway, I am hoping that all of you regulars here would not mind a FORT newbie jumping into the mix. I really do very much want to have others to talk with about these shows!

and welcome to FORT! Glad you came out of lurkdom to join in!

Ben is still with Courtney, but that's it. Charlie and Sarah did get back together, but then broke up.

I think generally the Bachelorettes are more successful. I do consider Jillian and Merideth successes. They each dated for about a year and I think real feelings developed (and I rooted for Ed too!). Deanna's season was messed up because her choice asked to leave, so she was kind of stuck. And Jen, well, we talked about this on another thread. I actually thought her season was the most realistic - she wasn't feeling it with any of the guys and didn't want to lead them on. But I know she came off to many as tuned out and cold.

Thank you KatesMom, I am so happy to finally be here!

Yup, I forgot about Ben and Courtney, thanks for the reminder! Although I am probably subconsciously trying to forget.

I do think Ali and Roberto belong on the success list too. And thanks for the update on Charlie and Sarah. I was hoping they were still together.

I guess I also forgot Byron and Mary.... despite the fights, they were together for at least a few years!
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fan

I don't hold any of this against Jef, because after Arie's outakes I think it's clear that a lot of this show is "scripted" or whatever.. I still just love me some Jef, he maybe be as fictional as Noah from the Notebook but I like him I've honestly never seen such a nice, likable guy on this show so hated
    Nice'n'Easy and JavaJo like this.

I absolutely consider Ali and Roberto a success too. Sorry, I should have clarified. I think the only two Bachelorettes that were "failures" (if we're going by length of relationship) were Deanna and Jen.

A few of the Bachelors have had long term relationships. More happened early on. I think Alex (the first Bachelor) dated his F1 for 9 months. Andrew Firestone and Jen were together for a few years. I think we all forget some of the older ones, before Brad's first season when the recycling theme really started!
    NEPASue likes this.

Welcome Jaytwo. I mostly lurked for years, posting one every now and then until this year. This is a really fun place to post especially during Bach/ette seasons.

I too am on Team Arie though I've really liked all 3 of the final men.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    I don't hold any of this against Jef, because after Arie's outakes I think it's clear that a lot of this show is "scripted" or whatever.. I still just love me some Jef, he maybe be as fictional as Noah from the Notebook but I like him I've honestly never seen such a nice, likable guy on this show so hated
    You know, we say that every season. I wish it wasn't true, but I think when people have their favorites, it gets tough for the others. I remember some of the stuff thrown out about Chris Lambton, who I still think was one of the nicest guys to ever be on this show. Kiptyn and Reid got some nasty things said about them during Jillian's season too. And both Ben and JP had their share of stuff during their season. Unfortunately, with a few of them, some of the stuff that happened after the season wrapped made some of the slinging true! And even your Stags! During his season, I remember seeing some negative things about him. It wasn't until he went on BP that people changed their views.

FORT Fan

Yeah I actually wasn't on here during Jillian's season with Michael Stag *happy sigh, only reason I like him is because he looks and acts so much like my Husband, and my husband's name is Michael too, haha. I didn't really go to any boards then so I don't know what was said about him. I guess people on Team Ben didn't like JP either but then is mostly because of the jealous behavior he showed and such... I don't know I just feel like Jef really hasn't done anything to be hated, but that's just me I guess.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    You know, we say that every season. I wish it wasn't true, but I think when people have their favorites, it gets tough for the others. I remember some of the stuff thrown out about Chris Lambton, who I still think was one of the nicest guys to ever be on this show. Kiptyn and Reid got some nasty things said about them during Jillian's season too. And both Ben and JP had their share of stuff during their season. Unfortunately, with a few of them, some of the stuff that happened after the season wrapped made some of the slinging true! And even your Stags! During his season, I remember seeing some negative things about him. It wasn't until he went on BP that people changed their views.
    While I'm in pet peeve airing mood tonight , what's up with the bolded? Not addressing this to you specifically, KatesMom, it's just that your post brought up the subject, and it's a mindset shared by many if I'm understanding the posts here.

Not everybody has favorites. I don't have one this season. I think it's helpful to see the bigger picture if you don't have one. Your perceptions aren't clouded by fanism, making you willing to overlook small nuances or in some cases bigger flaws. The flip side of that is you are able to really like more than one contestant. I enjoy this show a lot more this way. It might be easier to understand posters points of view if we don't hold the assumption that they're coming from a place of favorites.

Ok, now that I've aired a couple of pet peeves tonight, I'll go away for a while and leave everybody alone.

Big Brother's on!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Closed Thread