Closed Thread
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Jef - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fan

Re: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Jef has said he's not practicing so it may be a non issue, could depend on how hardcore his family really is about it though .... My brother was very serious about a Mormon girl but after a couple years after it became clear he wouldn't convert her family made sure the relationship was over, pretty crazy and sad. Hopefully Jef'family isn't like that

I suspect someone coached Jeff ahead of time on what the "right" response would be to Emily's fantasy suite invitation. His answer wasn't just off-the-top-of-his-head. He'd rehearsed it.

And I can see that he's a good memorizer by the way he was able to stick to his list of questions to ask her. (perhaps attributable to years of memorizing bible verses as a youth,a common practice in several religions)
    Last edited by fireflyer; 07-12-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    mesachick and Midol like this.

Honestly, as some one who is also "Mormon," (a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) Jef's answer doesn't surprise me at all. I know he's not "practicing," but this would be a big deal for someone who was raised as he is. Added to the fact that he said he spoke with his parents - and being a Mission President as his dad is is a pretty big - and it made perfect sense to me. He said that they both had family watching as one reason he felt it wasn't a good idea. I think part of his response was out of respect for his family as well as hers. I'm not going to say that he would never have sex outside of marriage, but I think he felt it wouldn't be right to do it - or imply they were doing it - on national tv. I didn't think he was saying just what she wanted to hear at all.

It's funny but over the years there have been a few women who have turned down the fantasy suite (didn't Sarah Brice of Charlie's season?) but this is a first for a guy. Men being who they are, we feel like there must be another motive, rather than they don't feel it's appropriate for tv!
    Last edited by nanarama; 07-12-2012 at 10:10 AM.

FORT Fan

My ex was Jewish and I am not, and even though he was non practicing, couldn't care less about the religion, we only celebrated christian holidays, even said he didn't believe in god but when it came to children he was determined to raise them Jewish to make his parents happy. It concerns me that Jef finished with his girlfriend because his parents didn't like her, they obviously have a big influence his life.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    My ex was Jewish and I am not, and even though he was non practicing, couldn't care less about the religion, we only celebrated christian holidays, even said he didn't believe in god but when it came to children he was determined to raise them Jewish to make his parents happy. It concerns me that Jef finished with his girlfriend because his parents didn't like her, they obviously have a big influence his life.
    Maybe they didnt like her for reasons other than her religion, but yes, it does seem they have some influence over him. My daughter was invloved with a guy whose family was RC. They were horrified, that she, like me, didn't have a religion. Anyway long story short, they made his life h*** and hers. They were a big part of the reason they broke up.( sigh)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    You are right on with all that background. That's why it feels kind of scripted to me. It's like his sister's and MM's brother managed to convince Jeff that he was perfect for Emily before he even met her, so he's been in love with her before he even got out of the limo. He comes across as a kid with a crush on his teacher, more than a man that is in love with a woman. That's just my take on it however.

I like Jeff, I just can't see him establishing a long lasting relationship with Emily at this point in his life.
    Looks like it might be even more scripted than we thought. Remember Jef's video speech to Emily about how he wants to defend and protect her, make her cheels sore from laughing, watch 1,000 sunsets and travel the world together? Lovely thoughts, huh? Yes indeed, only they did not come from the mind of Jef. They came from another couple's wedding vows on the Internet. I found this story in posts on another board, so cannot link to it here, but it seems that the wedding vows of a man named Jason Evigan recited to his wife Victoria and featured on a blog having to do with "best weddings" contained the following:

"Jason:
    In this moment, I promise to always defend you, and to protect you, and give my word that I will always do my very best to make you laugh, and to keep your cheeks sore from smiling so much. I will cook you breakfast and we will watch classic movies together. I will be an amazing father to my children one day. I will make sure how much they love their mother. We will travel around the world together. We get to watch thousands of sunsets together."

Jef's video message to Emily:
    "I promise to always defend you and protect you and I promise to always do my best to keep your cheeks sore from laughing so much. We have already travelled the world together, and I can't wait to do more of it with you. Together we will watch a thousand sunsets."

Seems the wording is way too similar, and even exact, to be a coincidence. So the question that comes to mind is how did Jef find this blog and those words when they are not supposed to have access to the Internet during filming? Well, it seems that producer Cassie Lambert (the same producer involved with the Arie drama) is a follower on Twitter of Jason Evigan, so one might suppose or even conclude that Cassie spoon-fed that monologue to Jef word for word. If he's to be considered a "smooth talker," as some have said, it's mainly when he's reading a script and not coming from his own heart. The only other way he could have seen and copied Mr. Evigan's wedding vows is if he did it before coming on the show, which to me is even worse. It wouldn't mean much to me for some guy to already plan his pre-proposal speech to me before he's even met me or had one single conversation with me. However, I think the more logical explanation is that Cassie Lambert coached Jef in what to say and how to say it, which shows this fiasco of a televised travesty is even more phony and scripted than I imagined, and that Jef is not coming up with all his romantic and noble crap on his own. Also, the video with the wedding vows is posted on Jef's friend Bruno's wife's blog. I think her name is Weslie. Anyway, more info can be found if anyone is interested.
    Alexxxx and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Looks like it might be even more scripted than we thought. Remember Jef's video speech to Emily about how he wants to defend and protect her, make her cheels sore from laughing, watch 1,000 sunsets and travel the world together? Lovely thoughts, huh? Yes indeed, only they did not come from the mind of Jef. They came from another couple's wedding vows on the Internet. I found this story in posts on another board, so cannot link to it here, but it seems that the wedding vows of a man named Jason Evigan recited to his wife Victoria and featured on a blog having to do with "best weddings" contained the following:

"Jason:
    In this moment, I promise to always defend you, and to protect you, and give my word that I will always do my very best to make you laugh, and to keep your cheeks sore from smiling so much. I will cook you breakfast and we will watch classic movies together. I will be an amazing father to my children one day. I will make sure how much they love their mother. We will travel around the world together. We get to watch thousands of sunsets together."

Jef's video message to Emily:
    "I promise to always defend you and protect you and I promise to always do my best to keep your cheeks sore from laughing so much. We have already travelled the world together, and I can't wait to do more of it with you. Together we will watch a thousand sunsets."

Seems the wording is way too similar, and even exact, to be a coincidence. So the question that comes to mind is how did Jef find this blog and those words when they are not supposed to have access to the Internet during filming? Well, it seems that producer Cassie Lambert (the same producer involved with the Arie drama) is a follower on Twitter of Jason Evigan, so one might suppose or even conclude that Cassie spoon-fed that monologue to Jef word for word. If he's to be considered a "smooth talker," as some have said, it's mainly when he's reading a script and not coming from his own heart. The only other way he could have seen and copied Mr. Evigan's wedding vows is if he did it before coming on the show, which to me is even worse. It wouldn't mean much to me for some guy to already plan his pre-proposal speech to me before he's even met me or had one single conversation with me. However, I think the more logical explanation is that Cassie Lambert coached Jef in what to say and how to say it, which shows this fiasco of a televised travesty is even more phony and scripted than I imagined, and that Jef is not coming up with all his romantic and noble crap on his own. Also, the video with the wedding vows is posted on Jef's friend Bruno's wife's blog. I think her name is Weslie. Anyway, more info can be found if anyone is interested.
    Ouch. Yeah he definitely seemed like he was getting fed some of his lines. This just cements that feeling even more.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Geeze, Fleiss & TPTB, could you at least write your own lines? It's hard enough pretending this is all real without seeing all the plagiarism. smirk.gif

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

However, I think the best lines in that video were his own. "I didn't want to come down from the ferris wheel in London, or get up off the floor in Prague." (not exact) That line is more romantic to me than anything Cassie may have found to stretch out the time for the video.

At least with the adding of text in Jef's and probably Arie's as well, they both came off smoother than in past seasons.
    JavaJo, Photobabe and Mikesgirl83 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Who knows if he wrote those other lines, either. Could be all of it is the work of producers.
    Longhornfan and Alexxxx like this.

Closed Thread