Closed Thread
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Re: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    Jef seems like a just a sweet normal guy genuine guy to me, the negativity about him is just absolutely flabbergasting to me... I just don't get how people don't like the guy I mean what has he done? Or is it just the Arie camp doesn't like him because he's a threat?
    I obviously can't speak for everyone, and I actually really like Jef. Here's where my concern comes in - Jef knew about Emily from Michelle Money's brother, I think. Michelle and Emily were very close on her season, so Michelle knows what Emily is like and what she likes. I think many are skeptical about some of the things that Jef says. Like there was something during the fantasy date dinner, I wish I could remember what it was, but he basically asked her a question, waited for her answer and when she asked what he thought, he said he agreed. Was that his true feeling? Or was that what she wanted to hear? I honestly don't know. I would like to believe the former, but given his history and what he knew about her going into it, I do have small doubts in the back of my head. Time will tell - I hope it is for real because I do really like him and I like the Jef I see on screen. I just hope that is the real Jef.

The table question was about "why haven't you married the amazing guys/girls you've dated?" Jef's answer was the same he told his brother on the hometown date, that none of them until Emily had the IT factor. So after Emily answered him with the same explanation, it does sound like he is repeating back to her, but in fact we heard him say it in the previous episode.

Yes, he is a practiced speaker. He is the front man for his company and on top of that, he was on Mormon Mission for a couple of years...you know the young men in black suits, white shirts and ties that bicycle around neighborhoods trying to interest people in the church. So, yes, he has a smooth patter, but I don't think that is a disadvantage when you are in wooing mode.
    JavaJo likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I obviously can't speak for everyone, and I actually really like Jef. Here's where my concern comes in - Jef knew about Emily from Michelle Money's brother, I think. Michelle and Emily were very close on her season, so Michelle knows what Emily is like and what she likes. I think many are skeptical about some of the things that Jef says. Like there was something during the fantasy date dinner, I wish I could remember what it was, but he basically asked her a question, waited for her answer and when she asked what he thought, he said he agreed. Was that his true feeling? Or was that what she wanted to hear? I honestly don't know. I would like to believe the former, but given his history and what he knew about her going into it, I do have small doubts in the back of my head. Time will tell - I hope it is for real because I do really like him and I like the Jef I see on screen. I just hope that is the real Jef.
    You are right on with all that background. That's why it feels kind of scripted to me. It's like his sister's and MM's brother managed to convince Jeff that he was perfect for Emily before he even met her, so he's been in love with her before he even got out of the limo. He comes across as a kid with a crush on his teacher, more than a man that is in love with a woman. That's just my take on it however.

I like Jeff, I just can't see him establishing a long lasting relationship with Emily at this point in his life.
    Midol, iwatchtv and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The table question was about "why haven't you married the amazing guys/girls you've dated?" Jef's answer was the same he told his brother on the hometown date, that none of them until Emily had the IT factor. So after Emily answered him with the same explanation, it does sound like he is repeating back to her, but in fact we heard him say it in the previous episode.

Yes, he is a practiced speaker. He is the front man for his company and on top of that, he was on Mormon Mission for a couple of years...you know the young men in black suits, white shirts and ties that bicycle around neighborhoods trying to interest people in the church. So, yes, he has a smooth patter, but I don't think that is a disadvantage when you are in wooing mode.
    He is a practiced speaker. I have two cousins that are Mormon, and both are able(still) to speak very well, and very clearly about any topic. The one thing I do like about Jef, he doesn't gush, and I really don't think he plays to the TV as much as much as Arie does.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Well based on that little clip of Arie the other night, some of these conversations we're seeing could be the third, fourth or fifth take, right? I still think I see real feeling for each other in Jef and Emily's eyes, and just to add, I used to do theater and I consider myself a good speaker as well, doesn't mean I'm not sincere when I speak.
    KatesMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    Well based on that little clip of Arie the other night, some of these conversations we're seeing could be the third, fourth or fifth take, right? I still think I see real feeling for each other in Jef and Emily's eyes, and just to add, I used to do theater and I consider myself a good speaker as well, doesn't mean I'm not sincere when I speak.
    The clips of Arie( the outtakes) cemented how I felt about him from day one .
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't know - I'm not an Arie fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I will cut him some slack on this one. My guess is that all of them write out what they are going to say ahead of time (let's go with the idea that they write it and not the producers), and then put it on cue cards. I probably couldn't remember what I was going to say with a camera in my face either - I'm not an actress. I think it was just the fact that he kept messing up, combined with the ridiculousness of saying these romantic things to a camera with a producer there. I would probably crack up too - doesn't mean I care any less for the person I am supposedly addressing. I'm going to go with it was the situation, and not necessarily the sentiments, that Arie found so funny.
    JavaJo, ilja, Midol and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I don't know - I'm not an Arie fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I will cut him some slack on this one. My guess is that all of them write out what they are going to say ahead of time (let's go with the idea that they write it and not the producers), and then put it on cue cards. I probably couldn't remember what I was going to say with a camera in my face either - I'm not an actress. I think it was just the fact that he kept messing up, combined with the ridiculousness of saying these romantic things to a camera with a producer there. I would probably crack up too - doesn't mean I care any less for the person I am supposedly addressing. I'm going to go with it was the situation, and not necessarily the sentiments, that Arie found so funny.
    I have to disagree. But then I have read things about Arie all along. The woman he dated with two children, has said he wasn't that great of a father figure & he has some growing up to do( I see that ) His ex thinks he is in this for camera time, I agree with her. It's been my opinion all along. Which is why I hope she doesn't choose him.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He is a practiced speaker. I have two cousins that are Mormon, and both are able(still) to speak very well, and very clearly about any topic. The one thing I do like about Jef, he doesn't gush, and I really don't think he plays to the TV as much as much as Arie does.
    I don't think a practiced speaker would use the word "like" as much as Jeff does. Cuz, like, it's all like, a fairytale, like, you know what I like, mean? He doesn't come off practiced to me, he's just very monotone. He does gush a lot actually. Just think about that letter he wrote to Emily and read out loud. If that wasn't gushing I don't know what is. He's just not very emotionally charged as he gushes lol.
    ilja, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I believe she's admitted to a liking for the "bad boys." To me, that means far more than hiking a trail or enjoying the sunflowers. Maybe L'il 1F needs to stay with his mommy for a while so she can keep him out of trouble. I'd run the other way if a guy I liked told me it would be my job to keep him out of trouble.
    Pangaeus, ladygreco and mesachick like this.

Closed Thread