Closed Thread
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Re: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    There was a space between girl and friends, in other words not the "I dated them" girlfriends but more of the my friends who happen to be girls.
    In the interview he stated that he's dated a lot of girls -- some of them with expensive tastes. Then a bit later he added from just being around it (fashion) and hanging around my sisters and girlfriends etc. Not my interpretations but from the written transcript.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

According to the interview Jef changes his hair a lot.

I don't see anything wrong with doing something to want to be more attractive to someone or at least to not be a turn-off to someone in the beginning. I don't believe I've ever gone on a first date without make-up but think nothing of it once I've been dating someone for a while. I've also kept my hair long for certain guys until I got to know them better before getting a shorter cut.

Then again, I have been manipulative in the past especially with my own child and it is something that I've worked hard to overcome.

At my age, I no longer want to do things just to please a man and I no longer want to change any men so it's all pointless now.

Is this post what you call rambling?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    According to the interview Jef changes his hair a lot.

I don't see anything wrong with doing something to want to be more attractive to someone or at least to not be a turn-off to someone in the beginning. I don't believe I've ever gone on a first date without make-up but think nothing of it once I've been dating someone for a while. I've also kept my hair long for certain guys until I got to know them better before getting a shorter cut.

Then again, I have been manipulative in the past especially with my own child and it is something that I've worked hard to overcome.

At my age, I no longer want to do things just to please a man and I no longer want to change any men so it's all pointless now.

Is this post what you call rambling?
    No, its called we all at look at things differently, due to past experiences
    fireflyer and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Didn't he say he's had short hair and he's had long hair. He decided to cut his hair 3 weeks before the show because he wanted Emily to get to know HIM and, I assume, not to be put off by his long hair before she gave him a chance. If that's manipulative, we could argue that we are manipulative in most of our clothing decisions. You often dress professionally for a job interview even if that's not how you're comfortable. You want to wear something nice (and drop a few pounds) for a class reunion to make a good impression on your former classmates. I guess to me, if that's manipulative, it's pretty benign and the type of thing we often find ourselves doing.
    fireflyer, ilja, jucamer and 1 others like this.

I think most people care about making a good first impression and most people also usually dress appropriately for the occasion. I don't think that is manipulative. I put on make up, touch up my roots, dress nicely for a date. Sometimes I get a trim...but I don't drastically change my hairstyle/colour because someone may prefer one style/colour over another...because they may be more or less conservative then I am. They either like who I am or they don't. What he himself admitted to doing was changing his look in order to better fit in with what he percieved Emily wanted. While I agree that is fairly benign form of manipulation..and that may not be the best choice of word, but I can't really think of anything else...it does give me pause and makes me think why?

I can be very cynical about this show and the contestants. I always question everything and the more production wants me to think one way, the more I wonder why. Jeff may or may not be exactly as he appears on the show, but to me his interview just brought up a few questions that made me curious.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Lots of people change their hair style for whatever reason. We don't know if Jef wanted to try something different for awhile. It's still not your typical man cut, so it's not like he lost any of his personal style. I would have liked to see what his hair looked like long. Now I'm intrigued!

We all know the story line drives the viewers in particular directions, so it definitely makes sense to wonder why someone is being shown in a particular light, and to think perhaps that's not all there is to that person. Everyone is multi-faceted, right?
    Monte71 and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Lots of people change their hair style for whatever reason. We don't know if Jef wanted to try something different for awhile. It's still not your typical man cut, so it's not like he lost any of his personal style. I would have liked to see what his hair looked like long. Now I'm intrigued!

We all know the story line drives the viewers in particular directions, so it definitely makes sense to wonder why someone is being shown in a particular light, and to think perhaps that's not all there is to that person. Everyone is multi-faceted, right?
    Me too! I would love to see it long

He stated he cut it three weeks before the show Producers and his sisters were a big influence. I think they probably came out and said . Emily doesn't like long hair. So he cut it, no big deal - hair grows back. You only have that once chance to make a first impression. I think he made it with his new Jef hair
    sweetpea likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought he said the producers did not want him to cut his hair? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't trust my memory that much at least on this.

I really like Jef but he reminds me a whole lot of a former friend of mine which makes me somewhat leery of him. I wish he did not because that's not fair to Jef as he may be nothing like this former friend. My former friend was stylish, extremely intelligent, sensitive, insightful and a great listener. Yet he was also a little needy, clingy and had some idiosyncrasies that I just could not get over.

I'm hoping it's just the style thing that is reminding me of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I thought he said the producers did not want him to cut his hair? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't trust my memory that much at least on this.

I really like Jef but he reminds me a whole lot of a former friend of mine which makes me somewhat leery of him. I wish he did not because that's not fair to Jef as he may be nothing like this former friend. My former friend was stylish, extremely intelligent, sensitive, insightful and a great listener. Yet he was also a little needy, clingy and had some idiosyncrasies that I just could not get over.

I'm hoping it's just the style thing that is reminding me of him.
    I went back and re read that part of the interview. It is his interpretation that the producers didn't want him to cut his hair because it gave him more of that bad boy image. And he clearly states that he cut it off because of Emily...he didn't want his long hair image (bad boy), to be the demise of him based on what his sisters had told him about her.
    Last edited by Midol; 06-24-2012 at 11:39 AM.

I can be very cynical about this show and the contestants. I always question everything and the more production wants me to think one way, the more I wonder why. Jeff may or may not be exactly as he appears on the show, but to me his interview just brought up a few questions that made me curious.
    So do I.It's the fun part of it for me You can clearly see where they have spliced and diced. Her dinner with Doug and all that silence and funny moments was so( so so so edited) it was crazy disjointed, and I imagine nothing like the conversation or how that meal went. I question why they have to go that far.
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread