Closed Thread
Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Jef - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    It is a big factor. Maybe they do not realize it themselves but when the doctrines, RITUALS and practices are VERY diffierent it should be a deciding factor. What happens when there are chilldren and Emily wants them to be Christians, baptised etc. Or after years of seeking other things, Jef turns to religion - his own and expect the family to be one with him. No.. this is an issue especially if you intend spending 60+ years of marital bliss together.

At least with Brad, the situation got exposed quite quickly as he works at night and that may cause problems with family life and kids etc. After experiencing that, they could decide to call it quits BEFORE marriage. Fooling yourself that belief does not matter is just stupid, immature, childish at best.
    Ah, my neighbor is Mormon and she IS a christian, and they DO believe in baptizing. They don't baptize babies, they follow the christians who use the King James version of the Bible and children get baptized when they are old enough to accept. There is no specific age, it depends on the maturity of the child.
    nanarama likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    He seems like a great guy. But, like others here, I don't see him as Emily's choice.

Also, I think religion will play a part. Very few Mormons marry outside their faith and those that do expect their spouses to convert. Especially where children are involved. Maybe Emily is open to converting and becoming a Mormon. But, if she is not open to that, she ought to send Jef home now.
    If his religion were truly a concern for him he would not be doing this show. And I don't believe he would do this show just to advertise his business, becasue again, a practicing Mormon would not go that far to appear on this type of show. I do think Em and Jef (Jem) are adorable together and he is the only one I can truly see a connection with. I hope he is the lucky guy at the end. JMO
    Monte71 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    The fact that they are putting him in a lot of deleted scenes and not much screen time screams F2. Chris L had all the deleted scenes in Ali's season. She may be dazzled by him but I just don't see much beyond that. No substance to sustain a relationship. Life is more than just being able to maintain a dance party for Emily's daughter. She may think that is what she wants but she also says she wants to hand over responsibility. It is a balance I just don't see Jeff being able to handle.

He may be the CEO of his own company but to me he comes across as a little boy trying to be a man. I don't even find him all that attractive. Can't get passed the hair and he is clueless. Twice he was given the message Emily wanted a kiss on the beach and he was just out there. He acts more like my immature 21 year old than a mature man ready to take on a responsibility of a ready made family.

On a side note, my daughter mentioned the lack of two f's in his name and asked if the hospital staff just got lazy and didn't feel like spelling out the name all the way. Even the 13 year old thinks it looks bizzare.
    Lacking a 'f' in his name, and wearing funky stylish clothes and hair (Em likes it) does not mean he would make a bad husband/father. Now if he ends up having character, ego, and personality flaws like most of the others than I'd worry.
    JavaJo and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

Does it not make sense that if Jef is a practicing Mormon, he would ultimately want a Mormon wife and therefore not be a contestant on this show where he could be 99.999% certain that the B'ette is NOT a Mormon?
    nennie, sclilred1 and jucamer like this.

Mormons are Christians, but they are not Protestants. I think that is where some are unable to differentiate and it confuses them. Also, Mormons are teetotalers as are some in the Protestant tradition, so both Jef and Emily (no one knows for sure, but a possible Methodist or Southern Baptist) would not be drinking alcohol, yet it seems both of them are. To me that means neither is strict in religion, yet still follow the value system they learned in their families. That may be the binding point between them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

I find their personalities compatible. She is a no-business, serious woman, and a mom, and he's a happy-go-lucky, personable person who doesn't obviously take himself so seriously, and is open to starting a family. They compliment, imo. When she needs to get out of her serious moods, which could lead to depressive thinking, he can lighten the mood - without getting ridiculous. I like his sense of humour, which is what women find attractive in men. He doesn't have to try to hard to make the situation light. That plus he 's a bit of mystery, or as Emily put it, she couldn't figure him out or what he was thinking, so perhaps the "hard to catch" phenomena has also made him more appealing. The other men try too hard to getting her attention. I think Jef played it smart.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Totally uncalled for. In addition I am a non practicing Catholic and I don't care what the guy's religion is. If he treats me right it doesn't matter
    My comment was not meant to cause angst etc. It is how I see it for Emily and Jef and I am not applying it to anyone on the board. Sorry if it was taken that way.

On the other hand, I know many families where one turns to religion in their later years and get alot of grief for it. When both are young, usually it does not matter but later in life, some people turn to change and that can cause real marital problems when the PRACTICES AND RITUALS of the belief is different.

I do not say it applies to everybody. No it does not. But, on the other hand, I have seen dozens such situations which can be heart wrenching.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freefragrance View Post
    That plus he's a bit of mystery, or as Emily put it, she couldn't figure him out or what he was thinking, so perhaps the "hard to catch" phenomena has also made him more appealing. The other men try too hard to getting her attention. I think Jef played it smart.
    I get what you are saying, but in the format for this show, those who make it to the end are usually the men or women who step up and make sure that they get the attention of the lead and aren't the ones who are holding back and taking things slowly. That doesn't usually work here. So, in that respect, those men who are "using their time wisely" with Emily might appear to be trying too hard, but in truth that is what they are encouraged to do.

Now in this particular situation, it does appear that Emily might enjoy the chase with Jef. She has certainly made it known that she wants to know with certainty who is there for her and who is not. So, the majority of them are trying to make good use of their time. But maybe she will chose the guy who makes her work the hardest.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 06-17-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Lacking a 'f' in his name, and wearing funky stylish clothes and hair (Em likes it) does not mean he would make a bad husband/father. Now if he ends up having character, ego, and personality flaws like most of the others than I'd worry.
    Oops...... meant LACK of character.

He probably does have them. Everyone does. But so far Emily is very intrigued by him. I guess the obstacle is going to be the chemistry. We saw her talking about how he missed opportunities to kiss her when she was hoping he would, so the question with him would be is there chemistry between them. Seems it went better last week, so we'll see how it goes from here on out.

Closed Thread