Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Jef - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Jef - Bachelorette 8

I don't know about the religion aspect, but I do think Emily would totally dominate a guy like him. He does seem hesitant and subservient and a little too eager to please, like a puppy, so maybe that's actually what she needs. Scratch the surface of all that gooey sweetness, and I see a woman who is demanding, controlling, has a victim mentality, and who lectures these guys like they're 6 years old ("Do you have anything to say for yourself?") if their behavior doesn't please her. If she wasn't beautiful and had the sweetness act down pat, no one would like her. Many people, both men and women, learn how to use their "charms" to fool and manipulate others into giving them what they want ... for however long that works.
    bee stung lips and Midol like this.

The fact that they are putting him in a lot of deleted scenes and not much screen time screams F2. Chris L had all the deleted scenes in Ali's season. She may be dazzled by him but I just don't see much beyond that. No substance to sustain a relationship. Life is more than just being able to maintain a dance party for Emily's daughter. She may think that is what she wants but she also says she wants to hand over responsibility. It is a balance I just don't see Jeff being able to handle.

He may be the CEO of his own company but to me he comes across as a little boy trying to be a man. I don't even find him all that attractive. Can't get passed the hair and he is clueless. Twice he was given the message Emily wanted a kiss on the beach and he was just out there. He acts more like my immature 21 year old than a mature man ready to take on a responsibility of a ready made family.

On a side note, my daughter mentioned the lack of two f's in his name and asked if the hospital staff just got lazy and didn't feel like spelling out the name all the way. Even the 13 year old thinks it looks bizzare.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Quote Originally Posted by addison h. View Post
    On the one hand, it takes a certain amount of maturity for anyone to be a CEO. On the other hand, I am currently the CEO of Addison Inc. I own a mobile business that distributes funding/venture capital to people in need. I mean, I very often give money to people on the corner... out of my car window. What's the difference? I mention that because I often wonder how manufactured these people's titles are. Who knows how successful he really is.

I think we've heard though that his family does have some real money, and I'm not putting her down, but we have we seen that that's very important to her. (No judgement, just fact So that's good.

But - seriously - how does it work for her to not be apart of the same religion he is, when it's a fairly demanding religion? I just mean there are certain rituals that need to be observed for one to be in good standing with the church, and how will it work for her not to be a part of that? It's not exactly like making the switch from Baptist to Methodist - you know? And if she tried being a part of it, how would that work for Ricki?

There's nothing wrong with joining your significant other on their religious journey but it's not something you could do flippantly. It just seems so strange to ignore that HUGE difference in their beliefs.
    I question the bolded as well. We all know how this show likes to exaggerate people's jobs and their titles. I'm too lazy to go google and look up his company but I remember reading that they have only done one well so far...the one with the video. I guess if that was good or bad would depend on how long they had been in business, but I had also heard he is no longer CEO and someone else has taken over the post. Maybe he is too busy having dance parties with Ricki and Emily???
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Jef is on twitter now and posted this picture of himself.

Sorry! I can't figure out how to post it, but here's the link: Instagram

I think he looks older. Thoughts?
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Jef is on twitter now and posted this picture of himself.

Sorry! I can't figure out how to post it, but here's the link: Instagram

I think he looks older. Thoughts?
    is hair looks blonder doesn't it? I don't know if he looks much older, he just looks like Jef with one F to me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He's pretty cute in that picture, and I definitely think his face looks less babyish. I think he would have intrigued me when I was Emily's age. Something about a guy who walks to a different beat and owns it with his looks/attitude is pretty attractive. They make a cute couple, but I'm still not sure if he's really stepdad material or not. Will have to see more!

I don't think he looks any older, but it certainly is a pleasant picture to look at.
    NEPASue and jucamer like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I think he poufs his hair because he's short.

Typical man, always trying for another inch or two.
    This isnt the Sound of freaking Music were watching.......sdl

I just don't find him "manly" enough. Don't think Emily does either.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I just don't find him "manly" enough. Don't think Emily does either.
    Same here. I do like him, but in terms of seeing him for Emily...just don't know.
    Living likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"