Closed Thread
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Jef - Bachelorette 8

Slowly, but surely, he's growing on me...
    jucamer likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Slowly, but surely, he's growing on me...
    He has very gentle manner about him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think he has a baby face. Nothing wrong with that.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

To me, it's not just his face. It's his whole manner and way of interacting. I think Emily's concept of relationships with the opposite sex ended at age 18 when her fiance died. Jef seems to be stuck at around that age as well, for whatever reason. Maybe that makes them a good match. They can go to the prom together!
    Midol likes this.

In his opening video bio in the first episode, he said he liked to be underestimated. With his baby-face, I can see how that would happen for him. He is smart (CEO) has shown himself to be insightful (episode 5) and funny. He is also low key and laid back, which can be seen as lazy or not caring. He has proved that image to be false, but I think we still underestimate him.
    sclilred1, Coco46, JavaJo and 2 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    In his opening video bio in the first episode, he said he liked to be underestimated. With his baby-face, I can see how that would happen for him. He is smart (CEO) has shown himself to be insightful (episode 5) and funny. He is also low key and laid back, which can be seen as lazy or not caring. He has proved that image to be false, but I think we still underestimate him.
    On the one hand, it takes a certain amount of maturity for anyone to be a CEO. On the other hand, I am currently the CEO of Addison Inc. I own a mobile business that distributes funding/venture capital to people in need. I mean, I very often give money to people on the corner... out of my car window. What's the difference? I mention that because I often wonder how manufactured these people's titles are. Who knows how successful he really is.

I think we've heard though that his family does have some real money, and I'm not putting her down, but we have we seen that that's very important to her. (No judgement, just fact So that's good.

But - seriously - how does it work for her to not be apart of the same religion he is, when it's a fairly demanding religion? I just mean there are certain rituals that need to be observed for one to be in good standing with the church, and how will it work for her not to be a part of that? It's not exactly like making the switch from Baptist to Methodist - you know? And if she tried being a part of it, how would that work for Ricki?

There's nothing wrong with joining your significant other on their religious journey but it's not something you could do flippantly. It just seems so strange to ignore that HUGE difference in their beliefs.

Hmmm, is it just me, or does it seem like Jef is in every deleted scene that we get to see? Just saying. Jef sure does get a lot of screen time on the show, and he is in practically every deleted scene that we are shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Hmmm, is it just me, or does it seem like Jef is in every deleted scene that we get to see? Just saying. Jef sure does get a lot of screen time on the show, and he is in practically every deleted scene that we are shown.
    Maybe he knows someone from the show, like Arie knows someone
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really like Jef, so happy he got a one on one this week , I think he is very handsome, reminds me of my husband, my hubby has a baby face too, people often think he's much younger. I like the quirky types, Jef is just cool. I think Emily likes him and that kiss they shared had me blushing. Sean is still my number 1 pick for her but Jef is a close second.
    Monte71 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    To me, it's not just his face. It's his whole manner and way of interacting. I think Emily's concept of relationships with the opposite sex ended at age 18 when her fiance died. Jef seems to be stuck at around that age as well, for whatever reason. Maybe that makes them a good match. They can go to the prom together!
    I thought I saw something between these two, then I wondered if there was anything except that we tend to want what we can't have and Jef was not pursuing Emily so Emily wants him. After that, all I see is what you have said above. Maybe because of his religion, he is is now having to catch up with being trendy etc as people do in their late teens. Maybe at that age, he was a good mormon boy and is now discovering what is around him. Jef seems to be stuck in some time warp. Emily is loyal so expects total loyalty from the guy. The first time he says he will be there by 5 and gets there at 6, he is going to be in big trouble. I do not think Jef has the maturity or temperament to satisfy (psychologically) Emily or meet her demands. A mature person will be able to bring Emily on while a Jef will remain subsevient to her and when he does not, he's out the door.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Emily, I feel she needs an Arie or a Doug, not a Jef. She will eat him alive. It will be sad for Ricki to be brought into and mixed up in any strange forms of worship etc.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

Closed Thread