Closed Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: Sean - Bachelorette 8

Who is John Galt?

Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

Reading the comments, I guess most of the women on this site prefer tall, dark, and (of course) handsome. I used to be attracted to dark men and then I met my wonderful, beautiful husband who is as blonde as Sean. My tastes have changed. I think Sean is adorable and the kind of man a woman should marry. Unfortunately, I get the impression Emily is attracted to the guys who have that edgy, bad boy quality (Brad, Arie, etc). If she is, Sean will not be her final choice. Even though she is 25 with a child, that doesn't mean she is mature enough to realize that those type of guys never change. The edgy guys are so attractive to women because they are a challenge. The good boys usually don't have that much appeal until a women gets tired of kissing frogs and is ready for Prince Charming.
    Longhornfan, ilja, Midol and 1 others like this.

FORT Newbie

I'm with those of you who thinks he's gorgeous and seems really nice, but.... during his talk with Emily on the evening of the group date, he said he's "...looking for someone who wants me to lead them."
    Really??
    If that's what Emily wants and believes in, well then, ok for her.
    But not me. IMO I think married couples should be partners. Not leaders and followers.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lessee View Post
    I'm with those of you who thinks he's gorgeous and seems really nice, but.... during his talk with Emily on the evening of the group date, he said he's "...looking for someone who wants me to lead them."
    Really??
    But not me. IMO I think married couples should be partners. Not leaders and followers.
    My husband is the leader and the head of our family and that is a good thing. It's a common idea among religious families, it doesn't mean that we aren't partners or that I'm some how lesser then him it just means he leads when we need leading. I love that I love a strong man. When men and women embrace the roles God gave them then there is harmony in the marriage. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    My husband is the leader and the head of our family and that is a good thing. It's a common idea among religious families, it doesn't mean that we aren't partners or that I'm some how lesser then him it just means he leads when we need leading. I love that I love a strong man. When men and women embrace the roles God gave them then there is harmony in the marriage. Just my 2 cents
    Very well said and often misunderstood by those who come from a different background.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    In the end, it's whatever works for you. Nobody can say this is how a marriage should be, each to their own.
    Shoepie, Alexxxx and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

This guy needs to breed. Soon. And often.

We need lots more scenery in the world that looks this good.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    This guy needs to breed. Soon. And often.

We need lots more scenery in the world that looks this good.
    This. And I'll gladly volunteer.

Thank goodness the good-looking genes run in the family, especially his nephew who is like a mini Sean.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Really??
    Here is what I thought that Sean was saying. Sean was saying that he wanted to "lead by faith". So I took that to mean that he would help Emily by being a strong leader and partner in raising Ricki and any other children that were born to them with faith as the most important thing in the family. Remember his talk with her friends? That is exactly what he said about his own family....their faith is very important to them.

I do not see anything that would give me the idea that Sean is chauvinistic and is trying to say that he wants someone to be submissive...not at all. I think that Sean was telling Emily that he would be a strong influence and would help establish a strong faith for "their" family, just like the one he was raised in. I didn't think that Emily took that as a negative either. I also think that she and Sean have already discussed their religious faith, so that she knew what he meant.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 05-31-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

Really??
    Just before this comment, he said he is looking for someone confident and knows where they are going. I did not get the impression he was saying anything more than I am there for you; I have your back and will take care of you. And she will do the same for her partner. It must be difficult to phrase what you are thinking with a camera 2 feet from your face. Many verbal misteps happen on this show. Ryan is an example. He was on the spot and fumbled the fat comment. I don't believe he really meant that; he was trying to make a joke.

That said, I think Emily really does want a strong man who will take charge and lead. And this is not to say she is dependant or needy. She told Arie that she welcomes him being on the road because she likes her private time.
    Longhornfan likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    In the end, it's whatever works for you. Nobody can say this is how a marriage should be, each to their own.
    Absolutely

Closed Thread