Closed Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: Sean - Bachelorette 8

FORT Newbie

Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Sean also did quite a bit of the narration on episode 2 along with Chris. Sean was also the apologist or "explainer" of all things Kalon to the audience. He seems like a down to earth nice guy at this point and I hope she takes him a ways so we can get to know him better. (BTW - he is my "type" LOL)

A State Farm agent in Dallas? I wonder if he works with or knows Tye Strickland, Melissa's husband and part of the reality show on CMT Melissa and Tye, which is hysterical by the way.
    Sean dated Brooke Sorenson for many years so he definitely at least knows Tye. The difference is that Tye and Roberto own their own agencies, which is at least a 6 figure income. Sean is just an agent, which is more of a $30,000-$50,000 type of job and works for his college friend and brother-in-law Andrew Shull who has a large agency in Dallas. Also Roberto is no longer with State Farm, I'm not sure what happened in just a year but he's with (the less prestigious but I'm sure just as lucrative) Farmers Insurance.

Personally I can understand people having preferences for a certain type and ethnicity but dismissing someone as "too vanilla whitebread" is as annoying as saying someone is "too black." Personal pet peeve. For what it's worth Sean played division I football for a major conference at linebacker, to me the difference is that all that bulk isn't for vanity but something he built up to play football. Not sure if that's a distinction to everyone but to me it's a bit different than someone who juiced up just for vanity.
    NEPASue and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bloop View Post
    Sean is just an agent, which is more of a $30,000-$50,000 type of job and works for his college friend and brother-in-law Andrew Shull who has a large agency in Dallas.

For what it's worth Sean played division I football for a major conference at linebacker, to me the difference is that all that bulk isn't for vanity but something he built up to play football. Not sure if that's a distinction to everyone but to me it's a bit different than someone who juiced up just for vanity.
    I agree with what you said about Sean having the build of a football linebacker and not that of a juiced up body builder. However, I highly doubt that Sean is only making $30,000 to $50,000 a year working for his BIL. I don't know what the salary range for those who work in the insurance industry is (those who don't own their own agency), but that does seem a tad low, unless it does not include commissions and perhaps bonuses ???

And that is very interesting that Roberto has changed agencies, but how could he have done that if he owned a State Farm agency of his own? To me it sounds like Roberto gave up his opportunity to open his own agency and moved to San Diego to be closer to Ali by transferring to a State Farm agency there - as an agent trying to establish himself in the CA market. I always doubted the rumors that Roberto had opened his own State Farm agency in San Diego. It just did not seem that plausible to to me.
    Alexxxx likes this.

I really like this guy! Most of these dudes are so full of themselves that they immediately turn me off, especially with all their stupid reality show connections. But even though he did date a DCC, at least she was one of the most "real" "normal" girls on the squad. Hmmnn... I'm glad we don't know the definitive ending yet. Sean for the win! Plus (it won't really matter for awhile because of all the publicity they've already gotten), but I was looking at Sean/Emily together last night, as he was talking about really being R's dad, and it hit me that they all look so much alike, that in 10 years, perhaps when people forget about them a little bit, he could easily pass for her dad. Doesn't matter, of course, but it seems like a nice little bonus.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I agree. He also has the rugged good looks of a fellow Texan with conservative roots, Tye Strickland, who married a former DCC, Melissa Rycroft. I like him a lot. We've seen sincerity from him, now I'm looking for some humor, as she does like them tall, lean and with humor.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that his sincerity is real and that I am not once again being snowed. If he is as genuine as he appears then what a wonderful gift for a little girl to have him as her daddy.
    laurabadora14 likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I truly think he is a genuine guy. I've read a lot of posts on his sister's blog and he truly seems like a great son, brother, and especially uncle to his niece and nephew. I mean, I don't know many guys who would leave their birthday party guests to go watch Beauty & the Beast with their niece just because.

In terms of his edit, he reminds me of guys like Kiptyn and the F2 from Meredith's season (can't remember his name), good guys who stick around long but aren't "the one". But that's perfectly okay with me because I think there's some great girl out there for him.
    Midol likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I truly think he is a genuine guy. I've read a lot of posts on his sister's blog and he truly seems like a great son, brother, and especially uncle to his niece and nephew. I mean, I don't know many guys who would leave their birthday party guests to go watch Beauty & the Beast with their niece just because.

In terms of his edit, he reminds me of guys like Kiptyn and the F2 from Meredith's season (can't remember his name), good guys who stick around long but aren't "the one". But that's perfectly okay with me because I think there's some great girl out there for him.
    I like him.When he speaks to her, he isn't trying to impress her all the time .
    BTW likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I tracked down his sister's blog. I know I am Canadian but I felt like I was living on another planet with some of the food ideas. She is lovely and thin but she is giving recipe ideas which include boxed cake mix with added kool-aid among other suggestions.

She really does seem to love her brother and the Christian twist doesn't seem to be faked. I think Dad is a minister or something.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Like this guy a lot. He'd be my pick for her.
    laurabadora14 and tbamom like this.

Just a reminder - reality show contestants are fair game for positive AND negative comments. Other posters are NOT. You don't have to agree with everyone, but you DO have to respect their right to state their opinion. Not specifically calling a poster out by name doesn't exempt you from following that rule. Keep your comments focused on the show, not on your fellow posters.

In other words, enough with the sniping at each other!

ETA: One more thing. If you feel that someone is attacking you, your ONLY recourse is to report the post. If you take the bait and attack back, it's going to earn you an infraction from here on out.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Closed Thread