1) If Sean was Emily's true F1 and she let TPTB play with his head like this, he's better off without her.
2) If Sean and Emily were both in on this kind of deception, Sean isn't the guy we all think he is. Think about it, would Sean leave before the most important date (most important if you're really serious, that is) Meet the Parents, which will probably include Ricki.
3) He's stated in interviews that he's moved on and wouldn't take her back today if she wanted him. Kinda harsh statement, even if they were playing a joke. Again, not Sean's style.
4) Of all the guys they've brought back (Jeremy, Reid, who else?) the editing wasn't really favorable toward them. Sean doesn't need that.
5) Keep repeating. Sean is the real winner because he took away some good experiences, new friends, and learned a little something about himself.