Closed Thread
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 299
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: Sean - Bachelorette 8

  1. #161
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,628

    Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Just because you didn't know his name as a fitness model, neither did we know of Courtney's name as a fashion model. Yet she was hoping to further her career in modeling and media so why wouldn't Sean? I don't know or care if Sean wants to be the next Bachelor or not, I just posted that because several folks hoped he wouldn't be a lead. Seems Sean has different ideas.

    Love your signature btw. Andy Rooney sure had that pegged down correctly. I have three dogs and can attest to that statement.
    Courtney is last seasons news Mesa. I am glad they have found some happy - even if it is fleeting.

    Sean will do what he wants ( just like the others)

    I know what you mean about dogs- I agree 100%.
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #162
    FORT Fogey umngirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,468

    Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

    I don't know if Sean really has an angle. I really think he went on the show for more of the adventure of it all. I mean you get to travel to all these different places, plus maybe meet some life-long friends. Sounds good to me.

    And to those mentioning his humor, he definitely brings the laughs when tweeting. He often has me rolling on the floor laughing. I wish we got to see that more on the show, but they decided that didn't fit his edited character. Too bad because we are all missing out.
    Alexxxx, Photobabe and Midol like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

  3. #163
    Just Left of Reality tbamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    JP wasn't someone who was already in the media spotlight.

    I'm not saying that Sean does have an angle. It just seems odd to me that someone who is that good looking and fit that he is a fitness model, needs a reality tv show to *find love*.

    On a side note, in an interview with Sean's sister, she says that Sean would absolutely want to be the next Bachelor if he was approached.
    I am really thinking Sean's sister wants the spotlight. Between her blog, signing Sean up for the show and speaking out of turn about whether he would like to be bachelor or not (if he was available after the show).
    NEPASue and Alexxxx like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

  4. #164
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,628

    Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

    Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I don't know if Sean really has an angle. I really think he went on the show for more of the adventure of it all. I mean you get to travel to all these different places, plus maybe meet some life-long friends. Sounds good to me.

    And to those mentioning his humor, he definitely brings the laughs when tweeting. He often has me rolling on the floor laughing. I wish we got to see that more on the show, but they decided that didn't fit his edited character. Too bad because we are all missing out.
    I wish I could see some of his tweets. I keep hearing he is very funny.He was cast as the more serious one I guess
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #165
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I hear ya, but there are plenty of motive ideas circulation about her... mainly to jump start a job in the media. So I am just curious. Do any of you think there's an angle that Sean is shooting for that we aren't aware of? He's a fitness model (which makes me even more leary of why he's on the show since I am sure he has gotten to meet lady fitness models lol), so maybe he wants to progress his career with being on camera for this show as a way to do that, much like she who shall not be named from the greasy one's season.


    Attachment 28447
    First of all, are we even sure that Sean is still doing the fitness modeling thing? And what if he is? I don't think that that necessarily means that his motives for going on the show are any better or any worse than Arie's or Jef's. I have also seen where the motives for both Arie and Jef have been questioned as well. That happens every year. But I have not heard Sean ever say, nor imply or even give me the feeling that he is the least bit interested in being the next Bachelor. If his sister said that, then I would still need to hear that statement come directly out of Sean's mouth.

    However, if that is Sean's intention, then some of the things that he is doing right now certainly don't indicate that he is hoping to be TB. Just recently he did a couple of really nice things that I heard were spontaneous without anyone knowing about them until after the fact. He surprised a group of girls that get together to watch TB, because that is a way for them to celebrate the lives of two of their friends that lost their battle with cancer and some other disease that I can't remember. I also understand that Sean has been wearing wrist bands for those two girls and still had them on when he surprised the girls that night. The other good deed was Sean visiting with Lauren Scruggs, the young woman who lost a hand and an eye in that plane accident a while back.

    None of these things were done with a camera crew following him around, and no one would have even known about them had it not been for those attending TB watching party posting a twitter picture, and the news media finding out about his attending one of Lauren's therapy sessions. So, Sean does not strike me as someone who has an ulterior motive for being on the Bachelorette. But that is JMHO. Since I follow Sean's thread on another board, I have gotten to see a glimpse of a tremendous young man whom I believe is the real deal. It is too bad that we aren't seeing more of the real Sean on tv.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 06-30-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    NEPASue, Photobabe and Midol like this.

  6. #166
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,031

    Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    First of all, are we even sure that Sean is still doing the fitness modeling thing? And what if he is? I don't think that that necessarily means that his motives for going on the show are any better or any worse than Arie's or Jef's. I have also seen where the motives for both Arie and Jef have been questioned as well. That happens every year. But I have not heard Sean ever say, nor imply or even give me the feeling that he is the least bit interested in being the next Bachelor. If his sister said that, then I would still need to hear that statement come directly out of Sean's mouth.

    However, if that is Sean's intention, then some of the things that he is doing right now certainly don't indicate that he is hoping to be TB. Just recently he did a couple of really nice things that I heard were spontaneous without anyone knowing about them until after the fact. He surprised a group of girls that get together to watch TB, because that is a way for them to celebrate the lives of two of their friends that lost their battle with cancer and some other disease that I can't remember. I also understand that Sean has been wearing wrist bands for those two girls and still had them on when he surprised the girls that night. The other good deed was Sean visiting with Lauren Scruggs, the young woman who lost a hand and an eye in that plane accident a while back.

    None of these things were done with a camera crew following him around, and no one would have even known about them had it not been for those attending TB watching party posting a twitter picture, and the news media finding out about his attending one of Lauren's therapy sessions. So, Sean does not strike me as someone who has an ulterior motive for being on the Bachelorette. But that is JMHO. Since I follow Sean's thread on another board, I have gotten to see a glimpse of a tremendous young man whom I believe is the real deal. It is too bad that we aren't seeing more of the real Sean on tv.
    [EDIT for possible post show spoiler]

    All those things you've mentioned are awesome about Sean. But see that's what I am saying. Things have been brought up about the majority of the other Bachelor's pasts, but not Sean. He seems to good to be true, and certainly not in need of a reality tv show to find a woman to date. Maybe it's what another poster said, his sister is the one itching for some media attention and Sean is just helping her out too. I don't know. I don't get why he hasn't already been snatched up. He's sure being painted as Mr. Wonderful. Could be he really is the one being groomed to be the next Bachelor. Goodness knows MF would probably want someone squeaky clean after the Greasy One's season.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-30-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    NEPASue and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  7. #167
    FORT Fogey Photobabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Too far from the beach
    Posts
    823

    Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

    I do not believe that Sean, or any other person, male or female, goes on the Bach programs to get a date or "find love". I think most, maybe all, go on for the adventure. If love happens, great, If not, well, they still have had their 15 minutes of fame and, if they were kept around long enough, got to visit interesting places and do some fun things, as well as make new friends and see the inner workings of reality TV. Some may have other motives as well, but the adventure of it is probably the main reason for most.
    NEPASue, Alexxxx, ilja and 1 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

  8. #168
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,031

    Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I do not believe that Sean, or any other person, male or female, goes on the Bach programs to get a date or "find love". I think most, maybe all, go on for the adventure. If love happens, great, If not, well, they still have had their 15 minutes of fame and, if they were kept around long enough, got to visit interesting places and do some fun things, as well as make new friends and see the inner workings of reality TV. Some may have other motives as well, but the adventure of it is probably the main reason for most.
    I'd sure like to think that. It does seem like a great adventure, especially the longer you last as you get to see more places and do more things.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  9. #169
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,203

    Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I'd sure like to think that. It does seem like a great adventure, especially the longer you last as you get to see more places and do more things.
    A lot of previous contestants have said exactly that. The adventure/fun was the draw and anything extra was a bonus. Last one to come to mind...JP!!!
    ilja likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

    The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

  10. #170
    Just Left of Reality tbamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: Sean - Bachelorette 8

    He really seems to be leading a Christian path. I hope his heart really is as good as he is presenting.
    french dip likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.