Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Tony - Bachelorette 8

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: Tony - Bachelorette 8

Maybe he wasn't truly that into her Probably knowing he wasn't one of chosen ones, his son was an excuse to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    Maybe he wasn't truly that into her Probably knowing he wasn't one of chosen ones, his son was an excuse to leave.
    That last part is exactly what I was thinking.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Perhaps he had never been away from his son for that amount of time before. I'm not sure, but if it were me I can completely understand being that upset and realizing how much you want to see your child, especially at such a young age. We never know how things will affect us until they do. I will give him a pass on this one.

She was talking with him, and it was as if she was mothering him ( or being big sister to him) Zero chemistry that's for sure ZERO

He could have missed his son.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Such drama in missing his son. He could call him every night and he kept asking if his son missed him. I don't think he did! He is only 5 and doesn't connect with that emotion. And he was probably with his mother and just fine. Good move in letting him go. There was no connection there at all that I saw, anyway. I think the drama was part of a ploy to woo Emily, as well.
    ITA. Its not like Tony was being deployed to Afghanistan and his son was in the hospital or even that his son was crying for daddy to come home.

I'd say he knew he didn't have a chance so it was a way to rip the band-aid off quickly.
    BTW, Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Watching the scene again where he calls home and talks to his son during the group date, I admit I felt kind of sorry for him. Sure, maybe he was getting the impression he wasn't going to be her F1, and maybe he just wanted out, I don't know, but let me tell you...my girls are 11 and sometimes when they are away from me, at a sleep over or whatever, suddenly I miss them so badly I am floored by how intense that feeling is. It's not something to be ashamed of, in my eyes. I know they are well, and happy, and they don't need me so I'm ok with them being gone. When they were 5 though, to spend that much time apart from them? Nope, I don't think I could do it. So I feel for him.
    Shoepie and ilja like this.

I am with Sweetpea on this one. My son is 13 and sometimes I miss him terribly right after I drop him off at school lol. It's a fleeting feeling, but still, it happens on occasion. I know that I would never have chosen to be apart for more than a few days when he was 5 though, much less with the possibility of not seeing him for several months. Tony was homesick. Emily made the right choice and was being compassionate by giving him an out to get back to his kidlet.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Just wait, y'all. Mine are 18 and 20 and the day you have to take them to college in another state and then drive off and LEAVE THEM THERE will kill you. Even if you know full well that they are completely prepared and ready to go, you'll leave a big chunk of your heart there with them. You're both extremely proud and in agony at the same time. It's how gray hair was invented.

I don't think I ever left my kids when they were 5, not even for overnights at Grandma's. Every individual child probably handles the situation differently, at their own speed. But parents are all saps.

Tony needed to go home.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 06-04-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Shoepie, mesachick and Longhornfan like this.
    This isnt the Sound of freaking Music were watching.......sdl

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12