Closed Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree298Likes

Thread: 5/14 The Bachelorette 8 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/14 The Bachelorette 8 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

The premier episode of Emily's season had a 2.6/7 ratings share and 8.05 million viewers. Ashley's premier episode had a 2.8 ratings share and 9.02 million viewers.

Well, that's interesting since Chris H assured us that EVERYONE was tuning in to see Emily get her fairy-tale ending. Hmmm
    xmaskat and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The premier episode of Emily's season had a 2.6/7 ratings share and 8.05 million viewers. Ashley's premier episode had a 2.8 ratings share and 9.02 million viewers.
    Maybe it's because Ashley has more of a personality than Emily. Emily's a bit boring and monotone. It bugs me that she always says "you know." Plus, I think all the good-looking bachelors were on Ashley's season.

FORT Fogey

I was a Chantal fan and not pleased to see Emily this season but I am warming to her. That said, if she doesn't relax a bit and peel back her social grace to reveal more of herself I may change my mind.

It was very clear, to me, who the stand outs were and who production chose to keep out of her rejects. Stevie has already gone to battle with Kalon so they are a lock for a few episodes. I bet she could only choose 5 or 6 tops.

I really wish that the lead Bachelor or Bachelorette would quit saying that they know that the process can work, because if it worked, most of them would not be there. If it actually worked for them the first go-around, then there would be no need to return. So, this phrase needs to be retired!! And the fact that TPTB felt the need to cast a race car driver among the bachelors just gives me a bad vibe about this season.

I am sure that there are some nice guys in this bunch who might not be players and might not be looking for gigs in LA, but I am surprised at how few really stood out among them as a suitable and potential stepfather for her daughter Ricki. Granted we didn't get to know much about most of the guys, but...
    wannasee and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

It really has worked for some and if you include the matches that have resulted from the pool of contestants, not bad really!

The statistics probably reflect the results on dating sites.

FORT Fogey

Other than the ones who stood out for being weird, quirky or gimmicky, the rest seemd pretty mediocre to me. If ABC was panting after Emily to be the B'ette, the least they could do was try harder to get some really great looking, successful, mature guys who have their act more together. I'm disappointed in this crop. I like Doug, but it remains to be seen if he's one of the gimmicky ones with that letter, or a really nice sincere guy.
    nennie, jucamer, Babbred and 1 others like this.

I liked Ostrich Egg-Guy, whatever his name is (I'll get them eventually). It was silly, but still, I rather liked him (and his physical appearance is NOT my usual type). Oh, it's Travis, and he's 30. That's nice, at least he's not so young.

I was really unimpressed with the bachelors from Ashley's season, but some of them grew on me, so I expect this bunch will be the same. Of course, I liked Ryan P. right away and most everyone else thought he was unbearably cheesy, so what do I know? Many of us complained about Ashley's insecurities and melt-downs, but right now, I'm feeling I prefer that to Emily's careful doesn't reveal anything facade. I hope she loosens up a little.

The bachelor who said most (many?) people call him Wolf .... wolf is part of his last name. It's sort of like the guy called Mac, because his last name begins with Mac or Mc. Anyway, I hope that's not considered a spoiler. I can't remember what his full last name is anyway, nor if wolf is at the beginning (Wolfiwitz? LOL! NO!) or the end (Steppenwolf? Nope, that's not it.). I just wanted to point out that it's no worse than someone called Mac because of their last name. And wasn't this guy John or something very undistinctive like that? Yeah, just looked, he's John -- Wolf makes him more memorable.

I couldn't keep track of all the guys. Did she send the idiot who dressed like Norman Bates mom home? What was his name anyway, I never did catch it. I was too busy laughing at him .

I'm just now getting around to watching the episode. I have never seen so many men make fools over themselves for a woman they may or may not have a chance with. It was a little corny... lol There seems to only be a handful of them who are mature enough to be with a woman like her.
    jucamer, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Closed Thread