Closed Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree298Likes

Thread: 5/14 The Bachelorette 8 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/14 The Bachelorette 8 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Somebody asked what's the difference between that guy rejecting Emily because of her kid, and Emily rejecting the guy with 6 kids? I think it's way the two situations were handled. Emily didn't go around to the rest of the guys saying, "Eww, can you believe it? He has 6 kids! Why is he even here?" She just thought about it and privately decided that she wasn't ready for so much responsibility right now. She certainly didn't call the man's children a terrible name. That's a world away from what Mr. Jerk does. I mean, come on, if he doesn't like Emily's daughter, then why the heck is he there?
    Exactly. Eliminating him because six kids is more than she wants to deal with (and I don't think she actually said that) is a lot different than one of the guys referring to Emily's daughter as "baggage." I, for one, am really going to enjoy watching her show that jerk the door.

It never fails to amaze me when contestants on this show say horrid things like that and are surprised when it gets back to the Bach or Bach'ette.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I never saw that part, just reading here. Its hard to believe anyone with 6 children would be thought of as good casting. ( shudder)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I felt for the guy with the six kids. I mean he is from Fresno. As he said, this may have been his one shot and this was a set-up date.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I felt for the guy with the six kids. I mean he is from Fresno. As he said, this may have been his one shot and this was a set-up date.
    I just wonder how many women those 6 kids come from..that in itself is some serious baggage...and he's too old for her anyway he needs to find someone his own age that has older children maybe.....he didn't say how old his children are but I didn't get the impression they were young...which means probably teen age children and that in itself is a major nightmare...believe me...I KNOW
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Actually I was only talking about the way he was walking out of the limo - he was an exagerated version of John Wayne!
    Well, as we say in Texas, maybe he was walking like that because he had a hitch in his giddy up. Anyway, all I was thinking was that it isn't a good sign to be the first one out of the limo, is it?

Sean is from the Dallas area and sounds like a really nice guy - from all that I have read - so what are the chances that Emily will pick him? With a few exceptions, the nice girls and guys don't usually fare that well. But I hope that I am wrong and that Emily really wants to weed out the jerks and the players, but time will tell. Sean also works for State Farm, and I seem to remember a pretty nice guy from Ali's season who works for the same company as well. I hope that Sean turns out to be just as nice as Roberto and will represent the state of Texas in a good way.
    jucamer, Midol and Babbred like this.

I am watching right now on demand. It is time for the rose ceremony. Some of the men look more like little boys than I remember from previous seasons. Baby faces.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I am watching right now on demand. It is time for the rose ceremony. Some of the men look more like little boys than I remember from previous seasons. Baby faces.
    Thats the part I saw on TV. I thought they all looked like high school kids, well maybe not the one with the egg
    But they sure didn't seem to suit her and her glittery gown.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    True. I thought they'd have cast a lot more mature looking men ... I don't mean old, but like they had it more together at this point in their lives, and looked a little more like dad material. Plus, maybe it's just me, but I hate when men wear their shirts NOT tucked into their pants when they're wearing a suit and at a more dress-up event. Emily is wearing a glittery formal gown, and some of them looked like they were going to a sports bar.

FORT Fan

Re: the guy who sang -- Emily, Emily, Emily and its similarity to Woody Harrelson on Cheers -- don't forget that part of the Kelly, Kelly, Kelly
    song included his spelling out her name K-e-l-l-y. I think it was 12 Kelly's in a row and then he spelled it out.

Like a couple others, I kept thinking the guy with 6 kids was going to pull out a photo that showed at least some cats and/or dogs. I don't
    recall any of the previous men on the Bachelorette ever having TWO kids much less six. What were they thinking? Emily would have NEVER selected someone with 6
    kids, when she has all these other guys to choose from.

Too many gimmicks when meeting her, but the guys did seem pretty calm once they were at the party.

I caught a couple minutes during commercial breaks from Smash, and I didn't find the group of bachelors that appealing. I guess Ashley got more attractive ones. They seem a bit boring to me, of those I was able to catch. Saw part of rose ceremony, still no one stood out for me. I wish Emily does find someone.

Closed Thread