Closed Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree298Likes

Thread: 5/14 The Bachelorette 8 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/14 The Bachelorette 8 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Ok. I stopped the show part way through the M&G to say, WTF. She gets a guy dressed like a grandmother, prince 'charming' with a cheap walmart shoe for her, a guy who wants to be called "Wolf" and a guy with big-a@@ cuffs and an egg? Am I in bizarro land?

The race car guy is cute. Not sure if he's a player or not. Can't keep any of the others straight but I am pretty sure the singer/songwriter is full of crap. Even I could come up with a better song than "Emmmillyyy, Emily, Emily, Emmmiiillllly!"

Ok, the guy with the "You're beautiful" and "I'm so nervous" written down was kind of sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Ok. WTF. She gets a guy dressed like a grandmother, prince 'charming' with a cheap walmart shoe for her, a guy who wants to be called "Wolf" and a guy with big-a@@ cuffs and an egg? Am I in bizarro land?

The race car guy is cute. Not sure if he's a player or not. Can't keep any of the others straight but I am pretty sure the singer/songwriter is full of crap. Even I could come up with a better song than "Emmmillyyy, Emily, Emily, Emmmiiillllly!"
    What, you weren't impressed with his songwriting skills? It reminded me of Rock Hudson in Pillow Talk: "You are my inspiration, [insert woman's name]." I positively hate the contestants (male or female) who sing on the first night. I want to slap them through the TV and tell them to knock it off. Do they not watch this show? The singing thing NEVER works....oh, except for that psycho, Wes.

Who would have thought that a guy arriving by skateboard would seem downright normal?
    sweetpea and Midol like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

And....Kalon is a douche. Straight up douche. The helicopter was producer driven. Still, he's a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Who would have thought that a guy arriving by skateboard would seem downright normal?
    Indeed. I'm fast forwarding through the cringe-worthy parts, I have to admit. I'm breezing through this episode! Just heading into the rose ceremony.

Woo Hoo! Miss Emily! From the previews:

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

"Not really"

"Then get the $&#*@)& out!"

jucamer likes this.

Woo Hoo! Miss Emily! From the previews:

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

"Not really"

"Then get the $&#*@)& out!"

Hope the brat isn't present .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

[mod edit]

I doubt Emily would let loose with something like that if her daughter was present, but as a mom and yet still a human being who gets really mad at times, I kind of appreciate her letting go of that Southern Charm (that grates after a short while) and showing the steely woman underneath. How many times have I wished one of the leads had been so blunt! At the very least, she's showing the guys she's not going to be all sweetness and light all the time, which is probably pretty valuable information for them.

I applaud her for telling it like it is, even if she did drop the f-bomb. If it was in reference to her daughter being "baggage" then I would likely have said the same thing if I were her!
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 05-16-2012 at 06:10 AM.
    Shoepie likes this.

I was just joking.I haven't seen it( just the end) sitting through Barbie Emily would drive me to drink( more) LOL
    sweetpea and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

And darn it, I really want to hate this girl but for some reason I can't. Sure, her teeth bug me and the southern belle schtick is going to get old, but at the same time, for some odd reason, I want to go hang at her house with my kids and have a glass of wine with her. Go figure. I was a definite Chantal fan (love you, girl!) but I don't dislike Emily.
    I was a Chantal fan, too! Looking back, I think that's why I was so biased against Emily. I thought Brad had way more chemistry with Chantal, and so it was just irritating hearing everybody say "Look! Aren't Brad and Emily so cute? It's the romance of the century!" Uh-uh. I knew it wouldn't last. I remember telling people, "The Hendricks have set her up in style, she could date any number of wealthy/famous guys, and she's going to give it all up for some B-list reality star who lives halfway across the country? Ain't gonna happen." And of course, it didn't. So that whole experience just soured me on Emily. I wasn't even going to watch this season but, as I told my husband, "This show is like crack. I always say I won't watch again and then I'm right there at the beginning of each season."

So I watched last night, and actually enjoyed it! Emily actually seemed like a human being. I especially liked how she tried to be so friendly during the M & G. And then in the previews at the end, it showed that they are going to England! My husband is from there, and in fact we're going there this summer. So it's official. I'm here for the season.

I really hope she doesn't get screwed by doing this again. I'm still kind of flummoxed at why she can't meet a great guy, given that she's gorgeous, rich, good family, etc. It's possible she could be full of s*** and this is all just a fame-whore move to extend her 15 minutes, but if it is I have decided I don't want to know about it. I do, however, reserve the right to change my mind as the season goes on. We have no idea what they might have in store for her.

Ok, off to watch the show! Bring on the wine!!
    I don't want to shatter the illusion, either. She may be there for all the wrong reasons, but I just want to enjoy the show for the usual reasons--the exotic locations (Ben's season was gorgeous as long as you turned down the volume on Courtney), the cool dates, and the tiny smidgin of hope that this time the lead will actually pick a decent person and have a real shot at love.

As for Emily's blow-up later in the season, I cheered when I saw that. You go, girl! Like you said, Sweetpea, it will be kind of nice to see a lead actually let go and say what they're thinking. I also appreciate that they don't show her getting hysterical and wringing her hands crying "Why did he do this to me?" Who cares? Emily has the right reaction: You don't want to be here, then get out! As a Southern woman myself, I can appreciate that.

Somebody asked what's the difference between that guy rejecting Emily because of her kid, and Emily rejecting the guy with 6 kids? I think it's way the two situations were handled. Emily didn't go around to the rest of the guys saying, "Eww, can you believe it? He has 6 kids! Why is he even here?" She just thought about it and privately decided that she wasn't ready for so much responsibility right now. She certainly didn't call the man's children a terrible name. That's a world away from what Mr. Jerk does. I mean, come on, if he doesn't like Emily's daughter, then why the heck is he there?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Closed Thread