Closed Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree298Likes

Thread: 5/14 The Bachelorette 8 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/14 The Bachelorette 8 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Am I losing my mind? ABC doesn't have a Ryan or Charlie in the bios. Am I missing something?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Liked the shortened version too. Emily was driving me nuts though. Helloooooo! How are yooouuuu? Thank yooouuuu! The way she drew out those words and she sounded silly. She does however, still exude a calm, mature exterior and she seemed genuinely kind to all the guys there. I hope we get to see her lose her cool a few times this season though. It's all a bit too Stepford for me. As for the guys, I am liking Chris (the one who had the accident), Arie and Jef the most so far. Kalon seems to be trying way too hard. The dude with the kid (I think his name is Chris too), seems like a big doofus. Not a fan of his quite yet.
    Chris is the guy with the bobbleheads (cute) and Charlie was the one with the brain injury.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Chris is the guy with the bobbleheads (cute) and Charlie was the one with the brain injury.
    Thanks Junkie. I was half asleep when I was watching last night. =P
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

When that guy said he had 6 kids and then whipped out pictures, I was sure he'd have pictures of dogs or something. He's moved past The Brady Bunch and into Yours, Mine and Ours territory. Not a lot of women would sign up for six step kids. He seemed to realize that.

The creep at the end who took his shirt off? Blech.

I always find the first episode alternately entertaining and cringe-worthy. All the gimmicks = Has that crap ever worked? Carrying around a big egg? Dressing up like an old lady? What girl wouldn't fall in love with that!?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Just what every 26-yr-old wants: a 41-year-old man with 6 kids. That was a bit of ridiculous casting.

FORT Fan

So far I like Jef, I dig the whole retro thing. I also like Sean, don't what it is about him I just liked him. I think I like Doug but I'm not too sure yet if the letter with his kid was really sincere or more of a forced ploy

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Liked the shortened version too. Emily was driving me nuts though. Helloooooo! How are yooouuuu? Thank yooouuuu! The way she drew out those words and she sounded silly. She does however, still exude a calm, mature exterior and she seemed genuinely kind to all the guys there. I hope we get to see her lose her cool a few times this season though. It's all a bit too Stepford for me. As for the guys, I am liking Chris (the one who had the accident), Arie and Jef the most so far. Kalon seems to be trying way too hard. The dude with the kid (I think his name is Chris too), seems like a big doofus. Not a fan of his quite yet.
    Charlie had the accident & he's one of my faves too!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I had to look up Sean and read his bio in order to know who you were talking about. Wasn't he the first one out of the limo? I barely remember him saying a word, because he seemed so very very nervous. So, what did he say that made you think that he has too much swag? To me he actually seemed uncomfortable during the meet and greet, and I wondered if he had done enough to even make the first cut.

It was pretty apparent who some of the "characters" for this season are going to be though. I have no doubt that Kalon was brought in to stir things up, and it already started last night. I think that he will be around for a while, even though Emily has no real interest in him, because TPTB wanted some drama to spice things up this season. My bet right now is that it IS Kalon who made the comment about Ricki being baggage, but they could just be misleading us at this point.

I am not sure though how well Emily is going to be able to handle the lead role as the Bachelorette. Will she be able to carry on a good conversation and cut through all the BS that will surely surround her? I guess that time will tell.

Actually I was only talking about the way he was walking out of the limo - he was an exagerated version of John Wayne!

Oh my goodness, I had completely forgotten about Miss Emily and her show until I logged into FORT and there it was!! I found out I can watch the episodes on the network that airs them here in Canada, so I'm just starting to watch. I've read some of the comments to see who I should keep an eye out for.

And darn it, I really want to hate this girl but for some reason I can't. Sure, her teeth bug me and the southern belle schtick is going to get old, but at the same time, for some odd reason, I want to go hang at her house with my kids and have a glass of wine with her. Go figure. I was a definite Chantal fan (love you, girl!) but I don't dislike Emily. I really hope she doesn't get screwed by doing this again. I'm still kind of flummoxed at why she can't meet a great guy, given that she's gorgeous, rich, good family, etc. It's possible she could be full of s*** and this is all just a fame-whore move to extend her 15 minutes, but if it is I have decided I don't want to know about it. I do, however, reserve the right to change my mind as the season goes on. We have no idea what they might have in store for her.

Ok, off to watch the show! Bring on the wine!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Oh my goodness, I had completely forgotten about Miss Emily and her show until I logged into FORT and there it was!! I found out I can watch the episodes on the network that airs them here in Canada, so I'm just starting to watch. I've read some of the comments to see who I should keep an eye out for.

And darn it, I really want to hate this girl but for some reason I can't. Sure, her teeth bug me and the southern belle schtick is going to get old, but at the same time, for some odd reason, I want to go hang at her house with my kids and have a glass of wine with her. Go figure. I was a definite Chantal fan (love you, girl!) but I don't dislike Emily. I really hope she doesn't get screwed by doing this again. I'm still kind of flummoxed at why she can't meet a great guy, given that she's gorgeous, rich, good family, etc. It's possible she could be full of s*** and this is all just a fame-whore move to extend her 15 minutes, but if it is I have decided I don't want to know about it. I do, however, reserve the right to change my mind as the season goes on. We have no idea what they might have in store for her.

Ok, off to watch the show! Bring on the wine!!
    Like you, I don't dislike her either, as much as I think I should. During Brad's season she was just too fake Barbie doll-ish for me. Too much makeup and the super blonde hair was over-the-top. They've definitely toned her down a bit.

Do I believe she'll find her true love on this show and get married? Nope. Do I wish her ill? Nope. I only hope I get some entertainment out of the season!

I don't think we saw that much of most of the men to really form strong opinions. I have a few I like and a few that I don't. I keep trying to think of a better word for Kalon that "douchebag" or "douchecanoe" but I can't. That's just what he is. He's just repugnant. The others I don't like are just kind of idiots, but they seem like okay guys. I just don't like them for Emily.

No one is standing out for me like JP did in Ashley's season. That may be because I don't think any of these guys are my type....maybe that will change. It is sort of comforting to watch the men act like complete morons the way the women do on the first night of the Bach.
    JavaJo and Midol like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Closed Thread