Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree298Likes

Thread: 5/14 The Bachelorette 8 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 5/14 The Bachelorette 8 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

I liked the shorter show, although the cocktail party did feel rushed (it always does, though).

Emily does look different-I think it's just a makeup change. Her eyes look smaller and beadier than than they did on Brad's show. She doesnt appear to me to have had any 'work' done since then.

I'm of two minds about Emily. I dont think she's had much education and doesnt have much to offer in the way of intellectual conversation about anything. But I've known women like her, who were a e limited that way but adored their husbands and children, made wonderful, stable homes for their families, and were loving and kind to everyone. I've known a lot of smart, mean women who make life miserable for everybody around them. I can identify with Emily wanting to move on to a husband and more children; sure, she's got time but she's ready now. Nothing wrong with that.

I have to admit that I wasnt thrilled with the choice of Emily for Bachelorette, but I was smiling the whole time she was meeting the men. I expect beautiful women to just be naturally cool and in control, but she was visibly nervous and putting up a good front.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

I get the feeling that Emily is guarded after her traumatic experience, however I never really saw her as interesting and I still do not. If she didnt have a kid she would be labelled as some 'dumb blonde' and not been given the Bachelorette spot.

From the screencaps they are going to Stratford in my Home county Warwickshire in the Uk (Shakespeare County essentially)....sorry to say I didnt see any film crew whilst floating about.

Some of the guys were ok...favourites/standouts include..

Michael - He is the best looking Bach I ever seen, I am such a sucker for long haired guys...mmmmmmm!

Skater guy - I quite liked him last night, he seems more down to earth and less corporate than others

Kalon - Obviously not his own Helicopter, seems 'normal' to me, I appreciate his honesty

Nate - Lovely looking...er...thats it

Crazy curly haired guy - Seems like a laugh and it was sweet when he said he was nervous

Brazlian guy - Seems some lovely and genuine, and he can speak another language (always sexy)

The ones she should send home...

MC Boombox guy - A ugly, unstyled waster thats bitter...
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I only watched a couple of minutes to see who the guys would be this season. One that made me laugh was the guy who wrote the song for her, and just kept singing, "Emily, Emily, Emily . . . . Emily . . . (etc.).

He reminded me of Woody Harrelson doing the "Kelly Song" on Cheers many years ago. Couldn't find it online anymore, but if you saw it, you'd remember it. "Oh, KellyKellyKellyKelly, KellyKellyKellyKelly . . . (etc.).

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I only watched a couple of minutes to see who the guys would be this season. One that made me laugh was the guy who wrote the song for her, and just kept singing, "Emily, Emily, Emily . . . . Emily . . . (etc.).

He reminded me of Woody Harrelson doing the "Kelly Song" on Cheers many years ago. Couldn't find it online anymore, but if you saw it, you'd remember it. "Oh, KellyKellyKellyKelly, KellyKellyKellyKelly . . . (etc.).
    OMG -- I was thinking the exact same thing! And wondering whether Emily was too young to make that connection when she sees it on TV.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG Sean has too much SWAG going on
    I had to look up Sean and read his bio in order to know who you were talking about. Wasn't he the first one out of the limo? I barely remember him saying a word, because he seemed so very very nervous. So, what did he say that made you think that he has too much swag? To me he actually seemed uncomfortable during the meet and greet, and I wondered if he had done enough to even make the first cut.

It was pretty apparent who some of the "characters" for this season are going to be though. I have no doubt that Kalon was brought in to stir things up, and it already started last night. I think that he will be around for a while, even though Emily has no real interest in him, because TPTB wanted some drama to spice things up this season. My bet right now is that it IS Kalon who made the comment about Ricki being baggage, but they could just be misleading us at this point.

I am not sure though how well Emily is going to be able to handle the lead role as the Bachelorette. Will she be able to carry on a good conversation and cut through all the BS that will surely surround her? I guess that time will tell.
    Midol likes this.

She kept two of the single fathers - Doug with the 12yr old son and Tony (Prince Charming) with the 5yr old son. Both men are from the northwest - Seattle and Beaverton, OR and we know how the cold and rainy northwest does on this show; well, except for Jason with the young son.

Except for the Jersey DJ, I think she held onto a pretty good group - at least from what we've seen. Let's see...drama...Kalon and Jersey are sure to get into it. I do have a question about Kalon. They showed him departing a helicopter in his bio piece, then dropping from the skies like Trump. He even looks like a Trump. He said he was done being a player, but...no, don't think so.

I'm still trying to reconcile boarder Jef with corporate Jef and I get a squeegee sound. He did seem a nice guy, though during the party - softly spoken.

I hope we get to see a LOT of Arie!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ok ... this Bachelorette premiere was a disappointment for me.

Nothing against Charlotte, but the place where she received them looked strange... kind of cramped. I guess that's why they had her turn fully around and look at each of them as they went it. I also thought the greetings were ... well ... boring. I understand that she was nervous as they were ... but come on ... they all signed up for this. The most clever was the two-sided note.

I really didn't care for her dress. It just reminded me too much of the costumes they wear on dancing with the stars.

She's a pretty girl, but almost every one of them said she was "amazing" or "gorgeous". Do these guys have nothing else to say and no depth?... And there was way too much focus on what she has been through.

I guess she and her daughter have been provided for, but I know people who have been though much, much more and don't live like that.

This season seems to be all about her rules ... and that means these men will have to be willing to abide by them. It also looks like little Ricki will be joining them in some of their travels. Maybe they'll have little Ricki give out some of the roses too!

I don't have much to say about the guys as they are all there because she is "amazing" ... and I usually can't figure out who's who until there's fewer around. So far I know there's Racer, Helicopter Guy, Egg Man, and Skateboard Guy.
    nennie, CrazyDutchWoman and Midol like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

This season seems to be all about her rules
    For whatever reason, TPTB think she is the best thing since sliced bread I didn't like her in Brads seasons, so I know not to watch her in this one .Plus this is what she wanted all along imho.I think she is very used to getting her own way, and they accommodated that very quickly

I guess she and her daughter have been provided for, but I know people who have been though much, much more and don't live like that.
    My daughter in-law filled me in this morning, about her big house and the horses and she doesn't think there is bachelor in the bunch that could keep up with her lifestyle. I only saw the end, I keep forgetting she is only 26. She looks both young and old to me. Bringing kids on dates, or bringing them into the mix. That's a big no thank you! I have grandchildren, I would never want to watch her child, or any others that might appear.

I wish her luck- I guess. I am sure someone will be there for all the wrong reasons, and someone will have to tell her who that person is

Maybe I can watch the F2 .

Happy viewing
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Ok ... this Bachelorette premiere was a disappointment for me. Nothing against Charlotte, but the place where she received them looked strange... kind of cramped.
    I also was disappointed with the first episode. I agree: the house seems small and shabby. Also, instead of spending money on the guy showing up in a helicopter, they could have hired someone to fix up the grounds so that the exterior would look good on TV.
    Midol likes this.

Liked the shortened version too. Emily was driving me nuts though. Helloooooo! How are yooouuuu? Thank yooouuuu! The way she drew out those words and she sounded silly. She does however, still exude a calm, mature exterior and she seemed genuinely kind to all the guys there. I hope we get to see her lose her cool a few times this season though. It's all a bit too Stepford for me. As for the guys, I am liking Chris (the one who had the accident), Arie and Jef the most so far. Kalon seems to be trying way too hard. The dude with the kid (I think his name is Chris too), seems like a big doofus. Not a fan of his quite yet.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.