Closed Thread
Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 533
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

  1. #71
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Given the info that Rick Hendrick is worth $200 million, I'm sure he's set up a trust for Emily and another one for Ricki.
    I think it's his way of making sure family is taken care of, as Ricky would have done, altho at a much lower income. And I think Emily would have been just as happy.
    I don't see her as free-loading but more like, if that's what they want to do and it assures her of being a full-time mom, why not?
    And there's nothing wrong with being, or liking to be, a full time mom and/or housewife. Doesn't mean she has no ambition..just means this is what she chooses to do and is able to do it.
    wonder when full time moms will ever get a break about this career thing. Seems like every animal takes care of their offspring until they are capable of being independent.
    What's wrong with humans doing that also?

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,284

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Vavoom View Post
    First let me say that I have always liked Emily. She always seemed more serious to me and more mature than most of the girls who were vying for Brad's attention. She did not participate in any catty gossip and she seemed to get along with everyone. Here is a girl who lost the love of her life when she was a teenager. And then at some point she found out she was pregnant. At the same time Ricky Hendrick's family was reeling from the loss of their son. I am sure that when they found out Emily was pregnant that they were absolutely overjoyed. As stated before, Rick Hendrick is worth over $200 million dollars. I am sure that they want to make sure that their deceased son's only child has the best upbringing that is possible. So yes, they, along with Emily's parents are probably bankrolling it all. And that includes giving Ricki and her mom a very nice house to live in - although we can see that her house in Charlotte is by no means a millionaire's mansion in and of itself. Perhaps they have said to Emily that they want her to be the best mother possible to Ricki right now, and that other things such as college for Emily could wait until Ricki is older. Emily does not strike me as being "vacant between the ears" at all. She speaks quite well, and perhaps it is her southern accent that makes it seem that she is not as intelligent. However, she does live in the Nascar world, and in that world college is certainly not a priority! Just listen to any of the drivers, crew chiefs, or owners speak! And it has been stated numerous times that Emily does volunteer work. To me that is exactly the same, if not better than actually having a part-time job. If she were working a part-time job for pay, she would be taking away a paying job from someone who really needs one. Because the hard fact is that she is part of a family of multimillionaires, and she will never NEED a job. So, to me, she is not looking for a man to validate her or for someone who can support her. She is looking for a man who is ready to take on the enormous responsibility of being stepdad to her daughter, also while respecting her, not for her looks, but for the values that she holds dear. She has probably been deeply disappointed in trying to find someone like that one her own, and looks at this as a way to find that person.
    Emily and Ricky could have drifted apart after a few years. How many people know who they're in love with when they're eighteen? Also, Ricki will learn, by the example that Emily sets, that for them... money, and everything that money can buy, just happens to be there. Ricki lkely will never learn the value of a dollar. And, the fact that they were given a house is huge. Most people work decades to pay off a mortgage. I've heard of people paying mortgage payments for decades, and then losing their house.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

  3. #73
    Just Left of Reality tbamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    I've been with my husband since we were 16/17. Yes your love and relationship evolves as you age/mature but there is no reason it has to disintegrate.

    As long as the people with the money are happy to support her that is all that matters. If they were speaking out saying that they wished she wasn't lacking drive and wanted to get out and work for pay that would be different. I would think losing a child really changes your priorities and maybe they are living by the philosophy that a warm hand is better than a cold one. Help them have a great life while you are alive to see it rather than inherit your money when you are gone.
    mesachick, ilja and Photobabe like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

  4. #74
    &amp;quot;SPYING&amp;quot; ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    IMO Emily was lucky from what I have read she had been with Rick Hendrick for several years so it wasn't like it was a one night stand....now as for her having a job or not...I really believe that there are some mothers out there that are more equipped to be the stay at home suzy homemaker type...I won't lie...I tried it...it wasn't for me I needed to work not only for the money but for myself but by working I made things 10 times harder on myself because even if you work there is still dance classes, baseball games, soccer, gymnastics and other activities not to mention giving time at the school when you have the chance...but that is the choice I made

    the only thing that really surprised me was the cookies...as health conscience people have become today they for the most part are bringing more healthy snaks for kids at practice and games...I saw she had a container of orange wedges and juicy juice boxes which are real juice...I can't answer for there but most of the parents here don't want cookies or sugar treats for games and practices

    I did the full time mother thing for a couple of years and I will tell you that from my point of view having a job is much easier..but there are prices to pay for that also when you put your kids in daycare...it does get easier when they enter school

    and just because you have a job it doesn't stop you from still being that full time mother especially when you are doing it as as single parent..it is a hard job and a fine line to walk..and at times its hard to keep a job because you have to put your children first

    If Emily has the means and being a full time mother is her choice then more power to her she is only 26 and later on there may come a time when she wants to do something for herself...do I blame the Hendricks for taking care of her and their grandchild NO that is a part of Ricky that is now gone and they were probably thankful to god that he gave them that child
    Monte71, mesachick, Coco46 and 3 others like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  5. #75
    FORT Fogey Mari79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Diary Room
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,865

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    IMO Emily was lucky from what I have read she had been with Rick Hendrick for several years so it wasn't like it was a one night stand....now as for her having a job or not...I really believe that there are some mothers out there that are more equipped to be the stay at home suzy homemaker type...I won't lie...I tried it...it wasn't for me I needed to work not only for the money but for myself but by working I made things 10 times harder on myself because even if you work there is still dance classes, baseball games, soccer, gymnastics and other activities not to mention giving time at the school when you have the chance...but that is the choice I made

    the only thing that really surprised me was the cookies...as health conscience people have become today they for the most part are bringing more healthy snaks for kids at practice and games...I saw she had a container of orange wedges and juicy juice boxes which are real juice...I can't answer for there but most of the parents here don't want cookies or sugar treats for games and practices

    I did the full time mother thing for a couple of years and I will tell you that from my point of view having a job is much easier..but there are prices to pay for that also when you put your kids in daycare...it does get easier when they enter school

    and just because you have a job it doesn't stop you from still being that full time mother especially when you are doing it as as single parent..it is a hard job and a fine line to walk..and at times its hard to keep a job because you have to put your children first

    If Emily has the means and being a full time mother is her choice then more power to her she is only 26 and later on there may come a time when she wants to do something for herself...do I blame the Hendricks for taking care of her and their grandchild NO that is a part of Ricky that is now gone and they were probably thankful to god that he gave them that child
    I do agree with you about people generally being a lot more health conscience but my brother played soccer until he graduated high school and those are pretty traditional snacks for soccer. Occasionally someone would swap out the cookie for apple sauce bars but neither is all that healthy. I guess the thinking is soccer practice/games exert quite a bit of energy so i doubt a cookie would really hurt in that venue.


    And as far as Emily depending on the Hendricks money etc. I don't honestly know how much support she receives from them and how much she might receive from her own family. Not to be argumentative but as long as the people paying her bills are fine with it, and it's not coming out of my pockets it's alright by me.
    mesachick, ilja, jucamer and 1 others like this.

  6. #76
    FORT Fanatic french dip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    47
    Posts
    536

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Ricky Hendrick had an enormous life insurance policy. You can't work in that sport and not have one. Even though he quit driving, he and the other team members had to fly to the events. It's a very dangerous sport, not just for the drivers. Accidents happen in the pits and in the garage. They have to be heavily insured.
    So that is where I believe the support is coming from.

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,018

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Vavoom View Post
    First let me say that I have always liked Emily. She always seemed more serious to me and more mature than most of the girls who were vying for Brad's attention. She did not participate in any catty gossip and she seemed to get along with everyone.

    Here is a girl who lost the love of her life when she was a teenager. And then at some point she found out she was pregnant. At the same time Ricky Hendrick's family was reeling from the loss of their son. I am sure that when they found out Emily was pregnant that they were absolutely overjoyed. As stated before, Rick Hendrick is worth over $200 million dollars. I am sure that they want to make sure that their deceased son's only child has the best upbringing that is possible. So yes, they, along with Emily's parents are probably bankrolling it all. And that includes giving Ricki and her mom a very nice house to live in - although we can see that her house in Charlotte is by no means a millionaire's mansion in and of itself.

    Perhaps they have said to Emily that they want her to be the best mother possible to Ricki right now, and that other things such as college for Emily could wait until Ricki is older. Emily does not strike me as being "vacant between the ears" at all. She speaks quite well, and perhaps it is her southern accent that makes it seem that she is not as intelligent. However, she does live in the Nascar world, and in that world college is certainly not a priority! Just listen to any of the drivers, crew chiefs, or owners speak! And it has been stated numerous times that Emily does volunteer work. To me that is exactly the same, if not better than actually having a part-time job. If she were working a part-time job for pay, she would be taking away a paying job from someone who really needs one. Because the hard fact is that she is part of a family of multimillionaires, and she will never NEED a job.

    So, to me, she is not looking for a man to validate her or for someone who can support her. She is looking for a man who is ready to take on the enormous responsibility of being stepdad to her daughter, also while respecting her, not for her looks, but for the values that she holds dear. She has probably been deeply disappointed in trying to find someone like that one her own, and looks at this as a way to find that person.
    Great post!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  8. #78
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    206

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    I do think she is looking for someone to look after her financially. I hate to say it but the guys that have jobs like Rehab Counselor won't end up as the final pick. I think she's used to an expensive lifestyle. She dated Dale Earnhart Jr back in 2006. I think she wants someone rich, good looking, someone who'd going to fawn all over her and treat rikki like his own. I think she's asking for a lot and I wonder why she hasn't found anyone yet. I know she's only 26 but if she's so incredibly beautiful like all the men say you'd think she would have found someone already.
    luvlady345 and AlwaysVeg like this.

  9. #79
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    206

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Who Did Emily Maynard Date Before Being The 2012 Bachelorette? - The Bachelorette

    I found this interesting site on men Emily has previously dated, mostly millionaires. Also when Emily's fiancÚ died she was 18 and he was 24 so how could they have been going out for years before?
    norealityhere and AlwaysVeg like this.

  10. #80
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,866

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    Who Did Emily Maynard Date Before Being The 2012 Bachelorette? - The Bachelorette

    I found this interesting site on men Emily has previously dated, mostly millionaires. Also when Emily's fiancÚ died she was 18 and he was 24 so how could they have been going out for years before?
    Right. I don't pretend to know the whole truth. None of us does, so my opinion is as valid as anyone else's. During Brad's season with Emily, there were many reports that Emily was just hanging around with Ricky as a young friend and neighbor until she turned 18, and even then was not his main girlfriend. He was going with someone else. When she slept with Ricky, they were not engaged, and it was also reported that the engagement ring came later, after his death, to make it all seem more legit and to save her reputation. So, who knows ... I just don't think a teenage pregnancy entitles one to a lifetime of luxury at someone else's expense. If the reports are true that her own family is also wealthy, I guess that's what she's used to, and I don't see her picking any of these guys unless she suspects they have a lot of money.
    mimi, bachelorwatcher and Alexxxx like this.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.