Closed Thread
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

I don't get a sense of entitlement vibe off of her. I get a "my bills are paid and I can be home with my child (ren) so I will vibe". She seems to be more traditional (old school) in her belief system and her ambition is to be a housewife and mother at this time in her life. That isn't to say that somewhere down the road she won't wish she had some identity to call her own. She hints at it in her voiceovers when she talks of how lonely it gets when she puts the little girl down for the night. I chose to stay home and do daycare so that I could be home with my children. If we'd had the luxury of living on one salary it would have made for a different experience but I don't regret my choices.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I think the main reason myself and others dislike her is because there is nothing about her apart from a pretty face. She comes off as mild mannered but not particularly upper class or well educated (Hey, what do I know I'm British) and her home seems normal family sized, if a little big for someone who doesn't work. It is upsetting for her that she lost her fiance but as the same time she does not have good people skills and she always seems so uptight.

If she picks a guy who is driven and enthusiastic you can bet it'll end quick.
    luvlady345 and norealityhere like this.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

She is definitely low key as far as what other contestants seem to have been. I think she is a deliberate cast to try to make it be a bit less sexy and trashy but what do I know? As far as education goes I guess she probably has her high school and then got pregnant. Whether she had intended to go further in her education or not, I don't know but while her daughter is young I can't fault her for not putting her in daycare to go to university if she didn't need to. I guess time will tell as to whether she tries to do a little something ambitious once R is in school full time or not. I really think she is a throwback to the era of stayhome mothers/housewives who do everything for the family and then are at wit's end when the kids go off to school.
    Monte71 likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    She is definitely low key as far as what other contestants seem to have been. I think she is a deliberate cast to try to make it be a bit less sexy and trashy but what do I know? As far as education goes I guess she probably has her high school and then got pregnant. Whether she had intended to go further in her education or not, I don't know but while her daughter is young I can't fault her for not putting her in daycare to go to university if she didn't need to. I guess time will tell as to whether she tries to do a little something ambitious once R is in school full time or not. I really think she is a throwback to the era of stayhome mothers/housewives who do everything for the family and then are at wit's end when the kids go off to school.
    Yeah that's what I am feeling too. She does have a job too btw. She is an event planner at a children's hospital. That should be a paying job (it was for me anyway lol). Has she said she doesn't pull a salary for her job? And if she doesn't and is contributing her time, then more power to her. I agree VelvetBex, that Emily doesn't seem to have a whole lot going on upstairs. But that could also explain why she doesn't feel the compulsion to go to college, she may not feel that is her lot in life. Not everyone is meant for higher learning.
    JavaJo and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I would say a good portion of them aren't employed to be able to take off the amount time needed for this show. Not many of them own their own business like Brad did where he could take off.

How longs does it take to film a complete season of bach/ette?
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

Emily doesn't seem to have any ambition to have a job or career outside the home. The homecoming princess from my high school worked as a receptionist at a hospital, but Emily? Also Emily's job is listed as an event planner at a hospital, but I wonder if she really takes part in planning events or just adds her "name" to the event. From what I saw on her date with Ryan, her job is to be a full-time mother. If she worked nine-to-five at a hospital, Ryan would have met her there while she showed him what her typical day was like.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Some women dont' want a career. They are happy to stay home and raise a family and take care of a husband. it's not modern, but there's nothing wrong with it, either. I stayed home for 10 years, raising my three sons and I loved every minute of it. If I could have done it longer, I would have. Actually, at the moment, I'm getting unemployment and job hunting, but I'm loving being back with my family and being able to cook for them and attend all their events. I do have a degree but if I'm honest, I prefer being with my family over working.

I also think it's wonderful that Emily has the support system she has. They could have easily told her to get lost but they chose to support their granddaughter, which I find admirable. Nothing is more important than family. But that's just my opinion.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Some women dont' want a career. They are happy to stay home and raise a family and take care of a husband. it's not modern, but there's nothing wrong with it, either. I stayed home for 10 years, raising my three sons and I loved every minute of it. If I could have done it longer, I would have. Actually, at the moment, I'm getting unemployment and job hunting, but I'm loving being back with my family and being able to cook for them and attend all their events. I do have a degree but if I'm honest, I prefer being with my family over working.

I also think it's wonderful that Emily has the support system she has. They could have easily told her to get lost but they chose to support their granddaughter, which I find admirable. Nothing is more important than family. But that's just my opinion.
    Love your post JJ - and it's my opinion too
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I don't see the comparison. Emily doesn't have a husband working to support her family, therefore giving her the luxury of deciding to stay home. Having one's extended family offer help is fine and good, but having them totally support you right down to paying for your mani/pedis and underwear when there is no reason on God's green earth why you can't go out and get at least a part-time job is just freeloading.

FORT Newbie

First let me say that I have always liked Emily. She always seemed more serious to me and more mature than most of the girls who were vying for Brad's attention. She did not participate in any catty gossip and she seemed to get along with everyone.

Here is a girl who lost the love of her life when she was a teenager. And then at some point she found out she was pregnant. At the same time Ricky Hendrick's family was reeling from the loss of their son. I am sure that when they found out Emily was pregnant that they were absolutely overjoyed. As stated before, Rick Hendrick is worth over $200 million dollars. I am sure that they want to make sure that their deceased son's only child has the best upbringing that is possible. So yes, they, along with Emily's parents are probably bankrolling it all. And that includes giving Ricki and her mom a very nice house to live in - although we can see that her house in Charlotte is by no means a millionaire's mansion in and of itself.

Perhaps they have said to Emily that they want her to be the best mother possible to Ricki right now, and that other things such as college for Emily could wait until Ricki is older. Emily does not strike me as being "vacant between the ears" at all. She speaks quite well, and perhaps it is her southern accent that makes it seem that she is not as intelligent. However, she does live in the Nascar world, and in that world college is certainly not a priority! Just listen to any of the drivers, crew chiefs, or owners speak! And it has been stated numerous times that Emily does volunteer work. To me that is exactly the same, if not better than actually having a part-time job. If she were working a part-time job for pay, she would be taking away a paying job from someone who really needs one. Because the hard fact is that she is part of a family of multimillionaires, and she will never NEED a job.

So, to me, she is not looking for a man to validate her or for someone who can support her. She is looking for a man who is ready to take on the enormous responsibility of being stepdad to her daughter, also while respecting her, not for her looks, but for the values that she holds dear. She has probably been deeply disappointed in trying to find someone like that one her own, and looks at this as a way to find that person.

Closed Thread