Closed Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    oh OK...I was referring to Jen Schefft's Bachelorette season!
    Didn't see it or dont remember it. I don't remember a Meredith either.( google is my friend)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

When you've seen a lot of people with Botox in their foreheads and elsewhere, it's pretty easy to recognize the look. It is NOT Bell's Palsy, which I've also seen in a number of people and although it's different in different people, it doesn't look like that, especially the forehead. Botox foreheads have limited mobility as do lips with fillers injected and Botox around them.

I also must say that I find the word "hater" inaccurate at best and at worst, insulting, because it's just so easy to apply that label to someone who happens not to care for someone's personality, doubt their motives, or whatever. I don't hate Emily. I don't know her well enough to hate her, and she certainly hasn't done anything to me. I just can spot a phony a mile away, and her words don't match her behavior by even wanting to appear on this show (twice) after protesting the loss of privacy after Brad's season. What kind of person would really believe they're going to find the ideal stepdaddy for their child by playing the lead on a silly TV dating show contest with a widely known dismal track record? Either a ditz or a phony whose first priority is fame. I won't bother to list all the other obvious signs that clued me into Emily's disingenuousness.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.

FORT Fogey

For starters, most 20-year-old women don't have money for, and don't need, extensive plastic surgery. Emily has a house and car that are paid for, and the money for plastic surgery. Her cheekbones look too prominent, and her breasts look too large for her slight build. She definitely has had veneers, since her teeth look too white compared with the other people in her scenes on TV. If there was an enlarged picture of her from high school, it would be easier to figure out if she has had any other work done. If Emily did have a lot of extensive work done on her when she was 20, she either did it because she wanted a career in the spotlight, or wasn't satisfied with her apearance, or both. If she really wants people to admire her, instead of showing her face on TV, she could dedicate her life to helping the less fortunate.
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    When you've seen a lot of people with Botox in their foreheads and elsewhere, it's pretty easy to recognize the look. It is NOT Bell's Palsy, which I've also seen in a number of people and although it's different in different people, it doesn't look like that, especially the forehead. Botox foreheads have limited mobility as do lips with fillers injected and Botox around them.

I also must say that I find the word "hater" inaccurate at best and at worst, insulting, because it's just so easy to apply that label to someone who happens not to care for someone's personality, doubt their motives, or whatever. I don't hate Emily. I don't know her well enough to hate her, and she certainly hasn't done anything to me. I just can spot a phony a mile away, and her words don't match her behavior by even wanting to appear on this show (twice) after protesting the loss of privacy after Brad's season. What kind of person would really believe they're going to find the ideal stepdaddy for their child by playing the lead on a silly TV dating show contest with a widely known dismal track record? Either a ditz or a phony whose first priority is fame. I won't bother to list all the other obvious signs that clued me into Emily's disingenuousness.
    I wasn't inferring that anyone is a hater on the board, just as I am sure you weren't referring to those of us whom like Emily, as worshipers.

I lived for 20 years in the Los Angeles area - I know Botox when I see it lol. As for the Bell's Palsy, Botox is a treatment for it. So she very well may have had it - for the Bell's Palsy. If you see pictures of people with the disorder that Emily had, you would understand that Botox does have its place in the medical world beyond just getting rid of wrinkles.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

If those rules apply to the lead of this show, it applies to all who take that job on, not just Emily. Every single one of them, with perhaps the exception of the first show, know the drill going in. That said, it has produced two successful marriages with the possibility of one or more to come. Emily may have been naive to imagine she would find the perfect step father for her daughter on this show, but that said it could happen, and she is more than entitled to do it with the hopes that it might.

Also, let's please agree to scrap the terms "Emily worship" or "haters" as it does nothing to further the conversation and only fosters hard feelings. There is no point in keeping that discussion going. Everyone has a right to their opinion of the show and Emily, both positive and negative.

Thank God the finale is only 3 days away!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    When I look at an enlarged version of the high school yearbook photo, I see her original teeth, a nose that is wider and longer, longer chin, and a thinner upper lip. Not for sure about the cheekbones, but they do look more enhanced now, even though they were prominent to begin with. She was pretty and natural looking then. If she felt that she needed all that (plus boobs and Botox) to be happy with her looks in her early 20s, she has a lifetime of plastic surgery, Botox and fillers ahead for the next 40-50+ years. All the more reason to marry rich.
    This just confuses me! I look at the two pictures, and you know what I think? She was beautiful then, and she's beautiful now! Case closed. How can anyone disagree with someone's choice to have plastic surgery, or any kind of procedure, at any age, when they are so focused on other people's appearances? I just do NOT get it. Don't you understand that people's needs to judge other people is what drive a lot of insecure people to have procedures done? (Wow, that's a tongue twister.)

I don't think Em has had work, and if she has, it's been extremely minor. There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel pretty when you're Em's age. Years later the compliments that you received can still make you feel good, even on a really rotten day. Another thing worth mentioning is that I've noticed that she doesn't doll her daughter all up, which says to me that she's teaching her daughter that she's naturally beautiful. If Em is at all insecure, she's darn sure not passing that on to her daughter.

Can't wait for Sunday!

I read in some magazine a couple of months ago that she had Bell's Palsy quite a while back and, although it just lasted a short time, it made her very insecure about her looks as a result.
    I thought she looked fine prior to the work done, but it's her business what she wants to do.
    However, she's definitely done a lot.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Barbie dolls are made, not born. She definitely was very pretty by most people's standards before the procedures, but in a much more fresh and natural way. No evidence of Bell's Palsy to be seen.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    This just confuses me! I look at the two pictures, and you know what I think? She was beautiful then, and she's beautiful now! Case closed. How can anyone disagree with someone's choice to have plastic surgery, or any kind of procedure, at any age, when they are so focused on other people's appearances? I just do NOT get it. Don't you understand that people's needs to judge other people is what drive a lot of insecure people to have procedures done? (Wow, that's a tongue twister.)

I don't think Em has had work, and if she has, it's been extremely minor. There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel pretty when you're Em's age. Years later the compliments that you received can still make you feel good, even on a really rotten day. Another thing worth mentioning is that I've noticed that she doesn't doll her daughter all up, which says to me that she's teaching her daughter that she's naturally beautiful. If Em is at all insecure, she's darn sure not passing that on to her daughter.

Can't wait for Sunday!
    First of all, the only "judging" she's getting here is that she was very pretty before she got the procedures, so how would that drive someone to have work done? Not following that "logic." Second, the fact that she WAS pretty but didn't feel pretty suggests, as other posters have said, some kind of insecurity issues, or even having unrealistic standards for attractiveness. She would have received compliments years later without surgery, too. She was a very lovely young woman, far above average in looks.
    bachelorwatcher and NEPASue like this.

Since this thread has turned into an irrelevant-to-the-show discussion about plastic surgery, we are closing it for the time being. It will reopen before the finale.
    Allie and jucamer like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Closed Thread