Closed Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 242434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Just curious, as I might have missed it, but do we know for a fact she's had plastic surgery on her face aside from having what appear to be veneers? All I've been able to see online are reports that come from a "close family friend" or "show insider" or other such titles most of the rag magazines use to plump their stories. Not saying she hasn't and frankly I don't care if she has (she is nowhere near looking like the cat lady or most of the women on RHW), but just curious as to whether it is fact or not that she's had major work done? Most likely had breast implants, but I'm not really shocked by that. My MOM had them for pity's sake, after her divorce from my Dad and she's anything but a diva

Just for comparison's sake, here's a photo I found of a young Emily and Emily today. Really, they don't seem that different to me, except of course she's older and looks like a mom not a young girl anymore. Don't we all. *sigh*

Attachment 28482
    Nope, not a stitch of proof. I agree, to me she looks the same as she did when she was younger. Yes, she definitely had her teeth done, but other than that, there's nothing else that's been substantiated.

Fanny - I disagree, as I did have work done when I was 27, and it made me incredibly happy! I've never once regretted it. I wasn't dissatisfied with my life either, I've always been a pretty happy person. I just felt I needed to change something that didn't fit quite right with the rest of me. Not all plastic surgery is done just for vanity sake. It might not fix your problems or make you happier, but sometimes, it does.
    jucamer and jaytwo like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

Just for comparison's sake, here's a photo I found of a young Emily and Emily today. Really, they don't seem that different to me, except of course she's older and looks like a mom not a young girl anymore. Don't we all. *sigh*

Attachment 28482
    That's what I was trying to say the other day..... I do not see that much difference between then and now and I still do not. Could she have had some minor work done? Yes absolutely. But I am not 100% convinced of that. To me, it looks more like she has lost some weight and has matured from an 18 year old baby face to a 26 year old young woman. When I look at the diff in myself between those two ages, I see the same thing.

But even if she did have, again I have to ask, so what? She surely did not have MAJOR work done on her face and comparing her to those people who have wrecked their faces through surgery is just way off base, if you ask me. And maybe her face has some botox in it, or maybe it does not and it is still a result of the Bells Palsy she had... I willl give her the benefit of the doubt on that one. Not that I would care if she'd had botox either.

Botox is also used for other medical reasons. Maybe she has migraines and is being treated for those with botox. It certainly is not impossible.
    ilja, jucamer and iwatchtv like this.

For those of you who are convinced that people are in this for the fame and not for the love, why is it not possible for them to be in it for BOTH?
    sweetpea, mesachick, ilja and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Question. Is it still fun to watch the show when you don't believe in the journey anymore? I think that I'd have to completely change how I watch it now if I just go under the assumption that every person who goes on has an ulterior motive and that anyone who was really looking for true love would be doing it on eharmony or something instead of on TV.
    I've never watched for the romance, always watched for the crazy. What drew me in to this ridiculous show in the first place was, during a bout of channel flipping, spotting some weeping woman sobbing out "but...I...love...himmmmmm m". WTF? I had to stop to see what that was all about, and that was it - hooked on crazy. It was Aaron Buerge's season, if I recall correctly, and the woman continued to be nutty during her entire tenure on the show.
    dzigner, NEPASue and mesachick like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular

Like I said before, it looks more like she has slimmed down and that has made the changes in her face. I live near the town where Emily's mother grew up and I can tell you that there are a lot of girls from that town and one close to it who look like Barbie's. They have bleach blonde hair, fake tans, veneers and fake breasts. A lot of them are beauty queens. They are a lot younger than Emily. Their mother's have it all done too, so they look more like sisters than mother/daughter. I have a coworker whose parents paid for her to have breast implants for her college graduation. Her twin sister wanted a car.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Nope, not a stitch of proof. I agree, to me she looks the same as she did when she was younger. Yes, she definitely had her teeth done, but other than that, there's nothing else that's been substantiated.

Fanny - I disagree, as I did have work done when I was 27, and it made me incredibly happy! I've never once regretted it. I wasn't dissatisfied with my life either, I've always been a pretty happy person. I just felt I needed to change something that didn't fit quite right with the rest of me. Not all plastic surgery is done just for vanity sake. It might not fix your problems or make you happier, but sometimes, it does.
    Well , I think Emily has had more done than you . I really do think she doesn't care for the life she has now.I read one post that said she looks unhappy, or her eyes look sad. I hope her botox, and her teeth and her TV make her happy. Methinks they wont. With or without an F1.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't know she had Bell's Palsy. That would certainly help to explain her lack of mobility in facial expressions at times. Thanks for that info.

I hope she is happy. I don't know her at all, never will, but I don't wish unhappiness on her at all. She is, after all, a lady on a show who as far as I know hasn't harmed any of us in any way. She isn't everyone's cup of tea and that's perfectly understandable, but I am sure most people want happiness for her, whatever she chooses.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 07-19-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    Like I said before, it looks more like she has slimmed down and that has made the changes in her face. I live near the town where Emily's mother grew up and I can tell you that there are a lot of girls from that town and one close to it who look like Barbie's. They have bleach blonde hair, fake tans, veneers and fake breasts. A lot of them are beauty queens. They are a lot younger than Emily. Their mother's have it all done too, so they look more like sisters than mother/daughter. I have a coworker whose parents paid for her to have breast implants for her college graduation. Her twin sister wanted a car.
    I never understand that whole Barbie thing It just seems weird to want to look like some dumb doll. I saw Em described as Nascar Barbie and I didn't know why. Until now. I am just so very happy that although I don't always agree with my daugher, or my stepdaughters for that matter. They are happy with who they are.
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well , I think Emily has had more done than you . I really do think she doesn't care for the life she has now.I read one post that said she looks unhappy, or her eyes look sad. I hope her botox, and her teeth and her TV make her happy. Methinks they wont. With or without an F1.

I think she looks really happy, especially when she's with her daughter. She'll be fine, with or without an F1.

I had heard about her Bell's Palsy (it can be a pretty bad disfigurement to the face), which is why I haven't given much credence to the Botox claims.
    sweetpea likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Jennifer Aniston- thats who we were talking about
    I dont know the other Jen
    oh OK...I was referring to Jen Schefft's Bachelorette season!

Closed Thread