Closed Thread
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    They did! Her name was Meredith and she was my all time favourite Bachelorette. She was smart, witty, interesting and cool and her love story with Ian was one of the best this show has ever produced.
    Meredith is my all time favourite as well, and I loved Ian. I was, much to my surprise, actually sad that they didn't make it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Just curious, as I might have missed it, but do we know for a fact she's had plastic surgery on her face aside from having what appear to be veneers? All I've been able to see online are reports that come from a "close family friend" or "show insider" or other such titles most of the rag magazines use to plump their stories. Not saying she hasn't and frankly I don't care if she has (she is nowhere near looking like the cat lady or most of the women on RHW), but just curious as to whether it is fact or not that she's had major work done? Most likely had breast implants, but I'm not really shocked by that. My MOM had them for pity's sake, after her divorce from my Dad and she's anything but a diva

Just for comparison's sake, here's a photo I found of a young Emily and Emily today. Really, they don't seem that different to me, except of course she's older and looks like a mom not a young girl anymore. Don't we all. *sigh*

Attachment 28482
    Photos don't move. Faces do, or dont My girlfriend had breast implants, (but she had cancer. ) She wasn't 26 either.

I would say Emily has had botox, because her forehead does not move .( she tries) but it doesnt move. The rest is speculation, but given how she looked then, and how she looks now I would say she had work done, and why did she need even bigger boobs?? She is a tiny little thing .Pam Anderson started that way, now look at her.
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

How I see it...the ultimate goal for anyone is to be happy. If tweaking her appearance makes her happier with herself and her life, then more power to her. She certainly isn't the first woman to do it and she certainly won't be the last.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I don't know if Emily has had plastic surgery, but those choppers make her face look weird. That's just how *I* see it. I'm not saying she isn't pretty, but I am not shocked that people think she's had her cheeks done.
    bachelorwatcher and Midol like this.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    How I see it...the ultimate goal for anyone is to be happy. If tweaking her appearance makes her happier with herself and her life, then more power to her. She certainly isn't the first woman to do it and she certainly won't be the last.
    She will have to keep that up. That's a long time to keep tweaking All to be happy
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

When I look at an enlarged version of the high school yearbook photo, I see her original teeth, a nose that is wider and longer, longer chin, and a thinner upper lip. Not for sure about the cheekbones, but they do look more enhanced now, even though they were prominent to begin with. She was pretty and natural looking then. If she felt that she needed all that (plus boobs and Botox) to be happy with her looks in her early 20s, she has a lifetime of plastic surgery, Botox and fillers ahead for the next 40-50+ years. All the more reason to marry rich.
    bachelorwatcher and NEPASue like this.

FORT Fogey

If Emily hadn't made the decision to be on a reality TV dating show (twice!), strangers wouldn't have an opinion about her one way or the other.

All the enhancements on such a young person seem like insecurity to me, which is ridiculous considering what the 'before' picture looked like.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I have a different view of plastic surgery for older women who just want a "freshening up" with no major facial makeover to make them look like Plastic Barbie or someone they're not. (Not saying you or your friends are "older women," just stating my viewpoint.) I think it's a shame, though, for women who get all that work done at Emily's age (and it appears she had at least some of it done before she was even 20 years old), just for vanity when they looked pretty without it. Besides, I think Emily was itching for a show biz or other similar career in front of the cameras ... something based solely on looks and no education or personality ... so there was a method to her madness, and therefore she is nothing like your friends in that regard.
    No worries Veg - I am an older lady lol. I agree it is a shame that young ladies feel the pressure to get work done, but unfortunately with all the pictures of air brushed perfect models, and the pressure to be a size zero, that's what is happening, whether you are wanting to be in show business or not. I am just saying that getting work done at a young age is more common than not nowadays. I am not saying Emily isn't interested in a job in the media, maybe she is, and I wish her all the luck with whatever it is she wants to do with her life. It is her life afterall. Most women, if not all, that are in show business have work done, no matter their age. It's almost like a prerequisite now it seems. Pretty sad reflection on our society.

ETA: I in no way worship Emily. I just have no reason to wish ill will on Emily and recognize that she is a human being just like all of us, and not anywhere near perfect. You could just as easily say that there are plenty of Emily haters that only want to see something negative about her.
    Last edited by mesachick; 07-19-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Question. Is it still fun to watch the show when you don't believe in the journey anymore? I think that I'd have to completely change how I watch it now if I just go under the assumption that every person who goes on has an ulterior motive and that anyone who was really looking for true love would be doing it on eharmony or something instead of on TV.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Question. Is it still fun to watch the show when you don't believe in the journey anymore? I think that I'd have to completely change how I watch it now if I just go under the assumption that every person who goes on has an ulterior motive and that anyone who was really looking for true love would be doing it on eharmony or something instead of on TV.
    I think it would be. I remember when I thought everyone was in it for love

I was skeptical of Emily's reasons from the start, and my opinion hasn't changed. I dont hate her , nor do I understand that term ( haters) really
    I know you should suspend your belief when watching this show .Its just more fun to LOL at her. I doubt she cares either way
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread