Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree1042Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm actually getting a chuckle out of how Emily has quickly gone from a rumour of a pre-wedding show to Kate +8...somehow the visual on that just cracks me up!

Honestly, I get that people don't care for her, but at this point the girl is d*mned if she does and d*mned if she doesn't. If she stays home with her child, she lacks ambition and obviously doesn't want to better herself. If she seeks employment in the entertainment industry (and why shouldn't she? she's young, beautiful, has a foot in the door already) she's a fame ho. If she chooses Arie it's only because she has the hots for him (big time! ) If she chooses Jef she's a money-grubber as he's obviously well off. If she chooses nobody she's fickle and stuck up.

What if she is all of the above? What if she is a fierce mama bear? What if she is fickle at times? What if she has ambitions? What if she is sometimes sweet, sometimes not at all? What if she sometimes doesn't want to do what's proper and instead drops the f-bomb? What if she doesn't mind a slow deep kiss up against a wall with a cute boy? What if she finds herself attracted to the hip, cool, guy she might not normally date? What if??

All it does is make her human. Everyone is human. I will continue to cut her some slack, and I think I've stated why I will continue to do so. Of course, people are free to dislike her heartily. I've disliked others on the show (Melissa!!) only to find out later they are pretty cool (she seems happy now and obviously Jason was the wrong guy for her). I just find for myself, when it comes to this show, I have learned that I don't know these people, they could care less what I think about them, so I just enjoy it for the entertainment value and the (hopefully) hot guys and the gorgeous scenery.
    Thanks for saying it much better than I ever could have. Thanks for this post! You are right on.
    Cherob and 1dog2kids like this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    .Although Jen has worked her way up, she didn't enter on some frilly show, with some high budget gowns , and dates in exotic locations.
    Jen's season was so lame. They had this tiny brownstone apartment-thing and all the dates were in New York City (& since I am from that area, I found it to be SO DULL!). I love the helicopter rides and the exotic over-the-top dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I know soooo many women here w/something nipped, tucked/implanted....really don't care because it's their choice but I will say this: Ladies, if you've got boob implants, please don't hug me because they hurt!! And I'm serious.
    I don't even want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm actually getting a chuckle out of how Emily has quickly gone from a rumour of a pre-wedding show to Kate +8...somehow the visual on that just cracks me up!

Honestly, I get that people don't care for her, but at this point the girl is d*mned if she does and d*mned if she doesn't. If she stays home with her child, she lacks ambition and obviously doesn't want to better herself. If she seeks employment in the entertainment industry (and why shouldn't she? she's young, beautiful, has a foot in the door already) she's a fame ho. If she chooses Arie it's only because she has the hots for him (big time! ) If she chooses Jef she's a money-grubber as he's obviously well off. If she chooses nobody she's fickle and stuck up.

What if she is all of the above? What if she is a fierce mama bear? What if she is fickle at times? What if she has ambitions? What if she is sometimes sweet, sometimes not at all? What if she sometimes doesn't want to do what's proper and instead drops the f-bomb? What if she doesn't mind a slow deep kiss up against a wall with a cute boy? What if she finds herself attracted to the hip, cool, guy she might not normally date? What if??

All it does is make her human. Everyone is human. I will continue to cut her some slack, and I think I've stated why I will continue to do so. Of course, people are free to dislike her heartily. I've disliked others on the show (Melissa!!) only to find out later they are pretty cool (she seems happy now and obviously Jason was the wrong guy for her). I just find for myself, when it comes to this show, I have learned that I don't know these people, they could care less what I think about them, so I just enjoy it for the entertainment value and the (hopefully) hot guys and the gorgeous scenery.
    Thank you for saying this, what a great post! You said exactly what I've been thinking for awhile now.
    Cherob and jaytwo like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    Jen's season was so lame. They had this tiny brownstone apartment-thing and all the dates were in New York City (& since I am from that area, I found it to be SO DULL!).
    Jennifer Aniston- thats who we were talking about
    I dont know the other Jen
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Why oh why can't they find someone with the sort of acerbic wit I find so entertaining? Why is it always the sugar-coated fairy tale princess sort? Eh, I guess the sharp-witted are too smart to indulge me in this.
    They did! Her name was Meredith and she was my all time favourite Bachelorette. She was smart, witty, interesting and cool and her love story with Ian was one of the best this show has ever produced.

I do agree with you, my preference is for acerbic wit as well. That's why I truly find some of Emily's little comments in her blog quite funny. She's not my favourite Bachelorette but I find her much more interesting than Jen or Ali or Ashley.
    nanarama and JavaJo like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    That sure tells me that you don't live here in So Cal because that's exactly what a lot of young girls do out here as soon as they get the $$ to do it.
    I don't I agree with this but it's just a common thing here.
    I know soooo many women here w/something nipped, tucked/implanted....really don't care because it's their choice but I will say this: Ladies, if you've got boob implants, please don't hug me because they hurt!! And I'm serious.
    Yes, I've heard that about CA, and no I don't live there. I live in NC, a couple of hours away from where Emily lives, and it's definitely not the norm for young girls to have all those procedures done. I can see getting a nose job if your nose really doesn't fit the rest of your face and you think it ruins your looks or whatever, or even getting a boob job because society puts so much emphasis on women's breasts (we saw some of that in Ashley's "roast," and I can see how many young women might feel pressured to augment themselves ... not saying they should!), but all those procedures put together just do not scream "My priority in life is to have lots of kids and bake cookies."
    bachelorwatcher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Yes, I've heard that about CA, and no I don't live there. I live in NC, a couple of hours away from where Emily lives, and it's definitely not the norm for young girls to have all those procedures done. I can see getting a nose job if your nose really doesn't fit the rest of your face and you think it ruins your looks or whatever, or even getting a boob job because society puts so much emphasis on women's breasts (we saw some of that in Ashley's "roast," and I can see how many young women might feel pressured to augment themselves ... not saying they should!), but all those procedures put together just do not scream "My priority in life is to have lots of kids and bake cookies."
    Hey now... us stay at home moms like to look good too!

Seriously though, it doesn't matter where you live or what you do with your life. Society and the media has put a great deal of pressure on girls/women to "look perfect". I have friends that have had plastic surgery, and they are stay at home moms just like me. As I've said before in another thread, I am tempted to have a little work done too, but don't feel that the pain is worth it lol. It has a lot more to do with feeling good about how you look, rather than possibly getting a job in the media. I know that none of the ladies that I know that have had plastic surgery have any desire whatsoever to be on tv.
    sweetpea likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I have a different view of plastic surgery for older women who just want a "freshening up" with no major facial makeover to make them look like Plastic Barbie or someone they're not. (Not saying you or your friends are "older women," just stating my viewpoint.) I think it's a shame, though, for women who get all that work done at Emily's age (and it appears she had at least some of it done before she was even 20 years old), just for vanity when they looked pretty without it. Besides, I think Emily was itching for a show biz or other similar career in front of the cameras ... something based solely on looks and no education or personality ... so there was a method to her madness, and therefore she is nothing like your friends in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Hey now... us stay at home moms like to look good too!

Seriously though, it doesn't matter where you live or what you do with your life. Society and the media has put a great deal of pressure on girls/women to "look perfect". I have friends that have had plastic surgery, and they are stay at home moms just like me. As I've said before in another thread, I am tempted to have a little work done too, but don't feel that the pain is worth it lol. It has a lot more to do with feeling good about how you look, rather than possibly getting a job in the media. I know that none of the ladies that I know that have had plastic surgery have any desire whatsoever to be on tv.
    Emily had the work done, so she would look good on TV( or so she thought) I would of advised my daughter to have nothing done, at least until she until was older. At 26, your face needs no work She will end up looking like the other freaks I see on TV.Always needing to be frozen or plumped

You saying you have thought about, thats fine But at 26, would you have even given it a second thought.I guess at 26 I was happy.Emily appears to be dissatisfied with all aspects of her life, and any good plastic surgeon will tell you Thats a) not the right time to do it and b) that wont make you any happier.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 07-19-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just curious, as I might have missed it, but do we know for a fact she's had plastic surgery on her face aside from having what appear to be veneers? All I've been able to see online are reports that come from a "close family friend" or "show insider" or other such titles most of the rag magazines use to plump their stories. Not saying she hasn't and frankly I don't care if she has (she is nowhere near looking like the cat lady or most of the women on RHW), but just curious as to whether it is fact or not that she's had major work done? Most likely had breast implants, but I'm not really shocked by that. My MOM had them for pity's sake, after her divorce from my Dad and she's anything but a diva

Just for comparison's sake, here's a photo I found of a young Emily and Emily today. Really, they don't seem that different to me, except of course she's older and looks like a mom not a young girl anymore. Don't we all. *sigh*

bach.jpeg
    iwatchtv and jaytwo like this.