Closed Thread
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 533
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

  1. #481
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,171

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We arent talking full scale, new show, with the fam
    True, but we don't know if that's true. Some rag posted it and everyone followed suit. I don't believe things until they actually happen. I mean, Jennifer Aniston should have 15 kids by now...according to the weekly reports that she's finally knocked up.
    sweetpea, Cherob and jaytwo like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  2. #482
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,862

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    I'm actually getting a chuckle out of how Emily has quickly gone from a rumour of a pre-wedding show to Kate +8...somehow the visual on that just cracks me up!

    Honestly, I get that people don't care for her, but at this point the girl is d*mned if she does and d*mned if she doesn't. If she stays home with her child, she lacks ambition and obviously doesn't want to better herself. If she seeks employment in the entertainment industry (and why shouldn't she? she's young, beautiful, has a foot in the door already) she's a fame ho. If she chooses Arie it's only because she has the hots for him (big time! ) If she chooses Jef she's a money-grubber as he's obviously well off. If she chooses nobody she's fickle and stuck up.

    What if she is all of the above? What if she is a fierce mama bear? What if she is fickle at times? What if she has ambitions? What if she is sometimes sweet, sometimes not at all? What if she sometimes doesn't want to do what's proper and instead drops the f-bomb? What if she doesn't mind a slow deep kiss up against a wall with a cute boy? What if she finds herself attracted to the hip, cool, guy she might not normally date? What if??

    All it does is make her human. Everyone is human. I will continue to cut her some slack, and I think I've stated why I will continue to do so. Of course, people are free to dislike her heartily. I've disliked others on the show (Melissa!!) only to find out later they are pretty cool (she seems happy now and obviously Jason was the wrong guy for her). I just find for myself, when it comes to this show, I have learned that I don't know these people, they could care less what I think about them, so I just enjoy it for the entertainment value and the (hopefully) hot guys and the gorgeous scenery.

  3. #483
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,175

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    True, but we don't know if that's true. Some rag posted it and everyone followed suit. I don't believe things until they actually happen. I mean, Jennifer Aniston should have 15 kids by now...according to the weekly reports that she's finally knocked up.
    I know what you are saying. I really do.Although Jen has worked her way up, she didn't enter on some frilly show, with some high budget gowns , and dates in exotic locations.

    I just got a feeling from Emily, that she wasn't there for the reasons she said . If she doesn't take part in another show , right after this one It wont be long before she does want a show Java .Emily, isn't a little homebody. Emily wants some of that fame, like the very men she has dated since Brad. Now is that a bad thing? not really. But she does have a child to consider, and I hope she takes that to heart( especially after saying she is her biggest blessing) when she embarks on this new career. I am willing to bet, that its not the last time we see Emily, with or without her F1 on our screens.

    She may have been good ( for some) as the bachelorette. But I think that's where her acting stops. I dont think she is that good . Thats my opinion, and I know we disagree.
    Alexxxx and WakeUpSunshine like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #484
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,175

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm actually getting a chuckle out of how Emily has quickly gone from a rumour of a pre-wedding show to Kate +8...somehow the visual on that just cracks me up!

    Honestly, I get that people don't care for her, but at this point the girl is d*mned if she does and d*mned if she doesn't. If she stays home with her child, she lacks ambition and obviously doesn't want to better herself. If she seeks employment in the entertainment industry (and why shouldn't she? she's young, beautiful, has a foot in the door already) she's a fame ho. If she chooses Arie it's only because she has the hots for him (big time! ) If she chooses Jef she's a money-grubber as he's obviously well off. If she chooses nobody she's fickle and stuck up.

    What if she is all of the above? What if she is a fierce mama bear? What if she is fickle at times? What if she has ambitions? What if she is sometimes sweet, sometimes not at all? What if she sometimes doesn't want to do what's proper and instead drops the f-bomb? What if she doesn't mind a slow deep kiss up against a wall with a cute boy? What if she finds herself attracted to the hip, cool, guy she might not normally date? What if??

    All it does is make her human. Everyone is human. I will continue to cut her some slack, and I think I've stated why I will continue to do so. Of course, people are free to dislike her heartily. I've disliked others on the show (Melissa!!) only to find out later they are pretty cool (she seems happy now and obviously Jason was the wrong guy for her). I just find for myself, when it comes to this show, I have learned that I don't know these people, they could care less what I think about them, so I just enjoy it for the entertainment value and the (hopefully) hot guys and the gorgeous scenery.
    I guess I dont like phony . I find her immensely phony on all counts
    Alexxxx and WakeUpSunshine like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #485
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,171

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know what you are saying. I really do.Although Jen has worked her way up, she didn't enter on some frilly show, with some high budget gowns , and dates in exotic locations.
    .
    What I meant was....the rags lie. They make up stuff to sell their magazines and get people to visit their websites. US Weekly, In Touch and Star are the worst offenders. Even their photographs are photoshopped to tell a lie. And it's the rags that are reporting that Emily wants this and that and is in a fight with this family member and that one....and likely, 90% of it is made up.
    sweetpea and NEPASue like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  6. #486
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,175

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    What I meant was....the rags lie. They make up stuff to sell their magazines and get people to visit their websites. US Weekly, In Touch and Star are the worst offenders. Even their photographs are photoshopped to tell a lie. And it's the rags that are reporting that Emily wants this and that and is in a fight with this family member and that one....and likely, 90% of it is made up.
    I know & I seldom read them for that reason. My feelings are just that- mine My gut instinct has told me all along, that she isn't there for the right reasons.
    WakeUpSunshine likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #487
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    If she seeks employment in the entertainment industry (and why shouldn't she? she's young, beautiful, has a foot in the door already) she's a fame ho. If she chooses Arie it's only because she has the hots for him (big time! ) If she chooses Jef she's a money-grubber as he's obviously well off.
    Reality show contestants want a career in the spotlight... they want to "be" in the spotlight. They try to extend their 15 minutes of fame, (Jake Pavelka). After a while, I'm ready to move on to new contestants. If Emily's wedding was televised, and if she had a spin-off show, I wouldn't watch it. What would the spin-off show be about anyway... Emily's daily life... Emily baking chocolate chip cookies from scratch, taking juice to soccer practice, and other similar activities? Will Emily's choice be based on physical attraction or money? I don't know: either of the guys could be F1.

  8. #488
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Twenty-yr-old women do not get fake teeth, fake hair, fake boobs, fake cheekbones and nose jobs (not going to argue with anyone who thinks she didn't have work done ... my eyesight isn't affected by Emily worship) so they'll look better at PTA meetings or mommy's morning out with the girls.
    That sure tells me that you don't live here in So Cal because that's exactly what a lot of young girls do out here as soon as they get the $$ to do it.
    I don't I agree with this but it's just a common thing here.
    I know soooo many women here w/something nipped, tucked/implanted....really don't care because it's their choice but I will say this: Ladies, if you've got boob implants, please don't hug me because they hurt!! And I'm serious.
    NEPASue, mesachick, Midol and 1 others like this.

  9. #489
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    ... Honestly, I get that people don't care for her, but at this point the girl is d*mned if she does and d*mned if she doesn't. If she stays home with her child, she lacks ambition and obviously doesn't want to better herself. If she seeks employment in the entertainment industry (and why shouldn't she? she's young, beautiful, has a foot in the door already) she's a fame ho...
    You are completely right on all counts, and I really couldn't care less about what she does with her life. I am, however, once again disappointed that the main character in this silly show is someone I find to be vapid and dull and would absolutely not want to hang out with and really don't enjoy watching. Why oh why can't they find someone with the sort of acerbic wit I find so entertaining? Why is it always the sugar-coated fairy tale princess sort? Eh, I guess the sharp-witted are too smart to indulge me in this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  10. #490
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm actually getting a chuckle out of how Emily has quickly gone from a rumour of a pre-wedding show to Kate +8...somehow the visual on that just cracks me up!

    Honestly, I get that people don't care for her, but at this point the girl is d*mned if she does and d*mned if she doesn't. If she stays home with her child, she lacks ambition and obviously doesn't want to better herself. If she seeks employment in the entertainment industry (and why shouldn't she? she's young, beautiful, has a foot in the door already) she's a fame ho. If she chooses Arie it's only because she has the hots for him (big time! ) If she chooses Jef she's a money-grubber as he's obviously well off. If she chooses nobody she's fickle and stuck up.

    What if she is all of the above? What if she is a fierce mama bear? What if she is fickle at times? What if she has ambitions? What if she is sometimes sweet, sometimes not at all? What if she sometimes doesn't want to do what's proper and instead drops the f-bomb? What if she doesn't mind a slow deep kiss up against a wall with a cute boy? What if she finds herself attracted to the hip, cool, guy she might not normally date? What if??

    All it does is make her human. Everyone is human. I will continue to cut her some slack, and I think I've stated why I will continue to do so. Of course, people are free to dislike her heartily. I've disliked others on the show (Melissa!!) only to find out later they are pretty cool (she seems happy now and obviously Jason was the wrong guy for her). I just find for myself, when it comes to this show, I have learned that I don't know these people, they could care less what I think about them, so I just enjoy it for the entertainment value and the (hopefully) hot guys and the gorgeous scenery.
    Amen! You said it much better than I ever could.
    Cherob and jaytwo like this.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.