Closed Thread
Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    She probably wants the opportunity to outspend Trista's $4M "peeenk" wedding.
    Based on her clothing budget this season, I'm sure she would have no problem with doing that!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I wish I wasn't contributing to the problem of garbage TV by watching it. I don't watch the ones I am really against (teen mom, toddlers in tiaras etc) but I still give crap TV too much of my time. (and the time I am not giving to TV I am posting about TV).

I was one of the ones who was cautiously skeptical in that I wanted to believe she was in it for the right reasons. I will not be watching any Emily plus 8 type of show. I know it is well within anyone's right to seek out fame and fortune but the reality is that it makes me frustrated that people earn livings just by having fake real lives for tv entertainment.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Forgot to mention this - the dress she wore on the MTA was just stunning.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I wish I wasn't contributing to the problem of garbage TV by watching it. I don't watch the ones I am really against (teen mom, toddlers in tiaras etc) but I still give crap TV too much of my time. (and the time I am not giving to TV I am posting about TV).

I was one of the ones who was cautiously skeptical in that I wanted to believe she was in it for the right reasons. I will not be watching any Emily plus 8 type of show. I know it is well within anyone's right to seek out fame and fortune but the reality is that it makes me frustrated that people earn livings just by having fake real lives for tv entertainment.

I think that's the sad part .I do think a lot of people believed she was there for the right reasons, that she was looking for love. That she wanted Ricki to have a father. I thought it was an odd way of doing it - given all the resources she had at her fingertips. I would have been fine if she had proved me wrong. Looks like that's not going to happen, if she has her way. I know on US magazine on facebook, a lot of women are upset about it. So I am not so sure she will be watched.

Nobody likes to be lied to, and her big fake crying , about the paparazzi and the media chasing her around with her daughter, doesn't seem to phase her now does it? and she sure doesn't seem to mind that same paparazzi will be after her daughter again. . I always said she was good mother- I might even change my mind on that now- because I have a feeling this is all about Emily. And the posters that started out posting that, might just be proved right.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It depends on how they present themselves.
    None of them have presented themselves as wanting to be famous. They always say they want to find love.
    mesachick likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    None of them have presented themselves as wanting to be famous. They always say they want to find love.
    Ashley and JP. They met - they are together. Do they want to be famous?

Emily said one thing, she wants another( imho)
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 07-19-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Ashley and JP. They met - they are together. Do they want to be famous?

Emily said one thing, she wants another( imho)
    She agrees to appear in rag magazines with photoshoots and interviews, so yeah, I'd say she wouldn't mind a little fame.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I count myself among the posters who started out posting that. Let's see if the "wedding show" is enough for her, or if (she hopes) it's a stepping stone to more and better fame. She's a phony and a manipulator from way back, but that baby voice and extra-thick syrupy Southern drawl didn't fool me. Twenty-yr-old women do not get fake teeth, fake hair, fake boobs, fake cheekbones and nose jobs (not going to argue with anyone who thinks she didn't have work done ... my eyesight isn't affected by Emily worship) so they'll look better at PTA meetings or mommy's morning out with the girls. I don't even mind her having those kinds of ambitions ... at least she has some, which is better than planning to sponge off her child's grandparents forever. I just don't like her using a personal tragedy and her own child to pretend she was doing this solely because she's such a good mom, not to mention a tragic heroine in need of rescue by Prince Charming circa 1950. If you don't want the paparazzi following you and your child around, you don't go on this show once, not to mention twice. If you don't want to subject your child to "heartbreak" again (which she said when she was objecting to being the B'ette), you don't date 15 men in 10 weeks on national TV and then become engaged to someone you barely know at the end when you know there's a huge chance that guy will not be around same time next year. Sorry, I don't call that being a good mother and putting your child first. Can't wait till we no longer see Emily on TV fake crying while trying to hold her false eyelashes on.

FORT Fogey

I didn't say they presented themselves as wanting to be famous. Obviously no one would do that. I said they did not present themselves with a big back story about being sad, lonely, tragic, and so overwhelmed in life that they needed a husband to share responsibilities. Emily was shown as being directed by pure and almost saintly motivations, to the extent that a great many people believed that she was all about that and willing to once again subject herself to everything she supposedly hated about being on Brad's season in her desperate quest for true love and a father for her child.

She agrees to appear in rag magazines with photoshoots and interviews, so yeah, I'd say she wouldn't mind a little fame.
    We arent talking full scale, new show, with the fam
    NEPASue likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread