Closed Thread
Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

FORT Fogey

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its what some of us said all along- others didn't think she was in for the fame, and others did.I never thought her nervous in front of the camera, she loves the camera. She has since Brads season. I just wonder if her F1 wants to go along with it all.
    Call me jaded, but I suspect that will be part of her selection process.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Call me jaded, but I suspect that will be part of her selection process.
    Really? Maybe. I don't count out anyone when they want some FAME in their lives, no matter how minute. Seems like a weird time for this story to pop up. I mean she's about to pick that F1- or maybe she doesnt?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I dont' get what the big deal is and why it makes Emily so awful. Pretty much anyone and everyone that goes on ANY reality show is looking for some level of fame. Even if they won't admit it. And even the nicest ones of the bunch use it to their advantage. If the opportunity arises, use it. Why not? I'd rather watch a show with Emily & Co. than the Jersey Shore.
    mesachick, navybelle, ilja and 3 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I dont' get what the big deal is and why it makes Emily so awful. Pretty much anyone and everyone that goes on ANY reality show is looking for some level of fame. Even if they won't admit it. And even the nicest ones of the bunch use it to their advantage. If the opportunity arises, use it. Why not? I'd rather watch a show with Emily & Co. than the Jersey Shore.
    often I have gone on the IMBD site to see how many bachelor or bachelorettes have been pursuing acting careers prior to the reality tv route, surprising how many over the years have acting credits!

FORT Fogey

It depends on how they present themselves. Emily was (supposedly) all about finding a stepdaddy for little sweet Ricki because poor Em was SO overwhelmed being a mommy that she just was longing and needing for someone to share all the responsibility (preferably someone with a job, I imagine) that fell on her poor little shoulders, and to help her bake cookies and take them to the park with the juice boxes, not to mention how very lonely she was night after night after night all alone in that big house after tucking Ricki into bed. The other Bach'ettes, not so much the sad, overwhelmed and lonely back story we were fed ... and yes, that was producer-driven and scripted, as is everything else, but it was approved by single, lonely, sad and overwhelmed momma Emily herself. I think it was pretty clear that the other B'ettes were there to have a good time and a career boost, and if they found "love" as a bonus, so much the better. Way more manipulation about motivation this time around.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Really? Maybe. I don't count out anyone when they want some FAME in their lives, no matter how minute. Seems like a weird time for this story to pop up. I mean she's about to pick that F1- or maybe she doesnt?
    LOL I said I was jaded!

I've made no bones about the fact that I think Emily is absolutely pursuing fame, any way that she can get it. Just look at her history of two failed attempts already. It just doesn't surprise me that both of her F2 are guys that could really benefit from being her F1, other than the twu wuv part.

Arie hasn't raced in several years, from what I've read. Since about 2008 or 2009? He does announcing of some sort, and drives VIPs around the race track for good PR. Sponsors aren't forthcoming. He's looking for a ride. Or probably whatever job he can get related to racing. Or maybe just any job he can get. Being Emily's F1 probably wouldn't carry any weight in the Indy circles, but a heightened profile might help with the 'whatever job he can get' part.

Jeff's PeopleWater isn't a charity. It's a for-profit company that donates a small amount to charity and I think they've dug one well. Nothing to sneeze at, any charity is a good thing, but the company is about making money. Again, a heightened profile for him and his company by being Emily's F1 couldn't hurt his bottom line any.

Emily has chosen two guys for her F2 that would benefit from extending their reality TV career as much as she would.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, these are my impressions and what I've thought Emily was all about since she first appeared on Brad 2.0.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Emily has chosen two guys for her F2 that would benefit from extending their reality TV career as much as she would.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, these are my impressions and what I've thought Emily was all about since she first appeared on Brad 2.0.
    You are preaching to the choir I never thought she was into this, only to parlay this into a TV career of some kind .I just wanted her to prove me right
    Alexxxx and Midol like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

There's a brilliant line in Shakespeare that makes me harken back to when Emily - prior to this season - vehemently denied she was going to be the Bachette.
    The line - "methinks the lady doth protest too much"
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    There's a brilliant line in Shakespeare that makes me harken back to when Emily - prior to this season - vehemently denied she was going to be the Bachette.
    That's because she wasn't going to be. MF courted her until she agreed, and she only did so once certain conditions were met (starting in her home town, Ricki along for some of the trips, etc.). Since when was it a horrible thing for a woman to change her mind. We do it all the time!
    sweetpea, navybelle, ilja and 2 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Right you are .She wanted to hold out for more money, for shoes and dresses and all those important things
    I know this much. I did a happy dance knowing Sean was not chosen he wouldn't have fit into her new fake role.
    NEPASue and Midol like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread