Closed Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Anyone else see Emily this morning on Live With Kelly? The only comment I found interesting was when she said that if she met ANY of those men in real life, she would not have given any of them a chance. She said this in the context of "learning a lesson" about giving guys a chance. So apparently Emily was not impressed, at least initially, with the crop of guys they had for her, either.
    Wow, that was a pretty mean thing to say. She would not have given ANY of those guys a chance had she met them in real life? I think that I could have said it a little nicer than that, even if I initially thought that. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and HOPE that she was referring to HER making snap judgements about others and basically being too quick to form an opinion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Wow, that was a pretty mean thing to say. She would not have given ANY of those guys a chance had she met them in real life? I think that I could have said it a little nicer than that, even if I initially thought that. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and HOPE that she was referring to HER making snap judgements about others and basically being too quick to form an opinion.
    I do think that's what she meant, but she did say she wouldn't have given any of them a chance if she had met them in real life. I don't think she's the brightest bulb in the box. The girl needs to get herself an education and a *career* ... Note to Emily: a career (or even a paying job) is when a grownup goes to work every day to earn a living instead of living off her child's grandparents. Sigh, she's probably just the type who'll marry some rich guy and never have to make her own money. Oh well .....

FORT Fogey

This is what she said:
    "You know what, it was a really good learning experience for me. If any of those guys had come up to me out [on the town], I would've said 'Absolutely not. Thank you, but no thank you.' But I gave them a chance and they gave me a chance and they really are great guys," says Emily.

This is what she said:
    "You know what, it was a really good learning experience for me. If any of those guys had come up to me out [on the town], I would've said 'Absolutely not. Thank you, but no thank you.' But I gave them a chance and they gave me a chance and they really are great guys," says Emily.
    Wonder how well this will go over when the guys read it. For as mature as she seems she is still only 26 and has a lot of growing up to do.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

This is what she said:
    I don't know - initially I thought what a B she is for saying that but after reading the real quote, I think it makes sense - if she were out on the town with a few of her girlfriends and any of those guys approached her, she'd probably assume (as I think we all did) what a bunch of players or frat boys they were. I mean, we were all commenting on what a bunch of tools they seemed to be. But then she gave them a chance and they grew on her. I think Ali said the same thing about making snap judgments when it came to meeting Roberto and then admitted how wrong she was. That's what I think happened here.

I was originally thinking this might be a boring season until I saw the previews and Emily showed some of the sass we got little snippets of during Brad's season and postseason. I have a feeling it could be anything but boring...
    sclilred1, ilja and jucamer like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Newbie

This is what she said:
    When I watched this part Kelly asked Emily if she had chosen any of these guys because her and Taye thought there were some weirdos on this season. So I took Emily's response as yes they were some weird introductions and if some of those guys had come up to her like that in real life she would have declined getting to know them more. Yet, being on this show she was forced to look past that and get to know the guys more, and not base her impression of them off the first night introduction.

I think when she said "any of those guys" she was just talking about the guys with horrible gimmicks on the first night. I could be wrong of course, but that is how I understood the comment.
    Last edited by CruGirl13; 05-21-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Longhornfan and jeaninelaurie like this.

CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wow, Emily just said that there is one guy there who is auditioning to be the next Bachelor. I have a good idea who she is referring to. I can't wait to see how he exits the show.

My impression of this girl is that she's not anywhere near an "average" 26-year old woman. She has been married/widowed, has a child, and now is starring in her own TV show. She lives in an extremely nice home, drives a very nice car, and is obviously VERY well provided for. She strikes me as being very highly groomed in fashion, etiquette, and appearances. Any woman I know who is a single mother is harried, haggard, stressed out, overwhelmed and tired. She's extremely lucky to have the support that she has and to be in the circumstances she is in. She clearly has round-the-clock care for her child, a luxury that most mothers can only dream of once in a blue moon. Most single mothers wouldn't even have time to go shopping for all of the gowns she shows up in, much less be able to afford them or have many occasions to wear them. Watching her mix up a batch of cookies in her pristine kitchen with her perfectly manicured hands, full makeup and perfect hairdo, and then exclaiming that this is what her REAL life is actually like, actually made me crack up. "Playing house" with Ryan by asking him to bring her groceries inside -- almost as a test to see if he could still take her seriously after experiencing her supposedly mundane lifestyle -- was laughable.

When she and her child interact on camera, it seems a little like she is forcing the demonstrations of affection between them. I have no doubt that they are very close and loving, but it does seem like she is really playing it up when the cameras are pointed at her which I find to be somewhat fake and annoying.

This girl is used to being provided for and is not going to settle for a regular guy bringing home an average salary so that she can live an middle-class lifestyle. IMO she'll never "settle" for anyone who can't afford to show her the lifestyle she is now enjoying. Again, just my opinion.
    mountaingirl70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    My impression of this girl is that she's not anywhere near an "average" 26-year old woman. She has been married/widowed, has a child, and now is starring in her own TV show. She lives in an extremely nice home, drives a very nice car, and is obviously VERY well provided for. She strikes me as being very highly groomed in fashion, etiquette, and appearances. Any woman I know who is a single mother is harried, haggard, stressed out, overwhelmed and tired. She's extremely lucky to have the support that she has and to be in the circumstances she is in. She clearly has round-the-clock care for her child, a luxury that most mothers can only dream of once in a blue moon. Most single mothers wouldn't even have time to go shopping for all of the gowns she shows up in, much less be able to afford them or have many occasions to wear them. Watching her mix up a batch of cookies in her pristine kitchen with her perfectly manicured hands, full makeup and perfect hairdo, and then exclaiming that this is what her REAL life is actually like, actually made me crack up. "Playing house" with Ryan by asking him to bring her groceries inside -- almost as a test to see if he could still take her seriously after experiencing her supposedly mundane lifestyle -- was laughable.

When she and her child interact on camera, it seems a little like she is forcing the demonstrations of affection between them. I have no doubt that they are very close and loving, but it does seem like she is really playing it up when the cameras are pointed at her which I find to be somewhat fake and annoying.

This girl is used to being provided for and is not going to settle for a regular guy bringing home an average salary so that she can live an middle-class lifestyle. IMO she'll never "settle" for anyone who can't afford to show her the lifestyle she is now enjoying. Again, just my opinion.
    Emily and Ricki's father were never married. In fact, there is some debate as to whether they were ever even engaged as she claims. She was a teenage girl that the heir to the Hendricks money got pregnant, which she found out about several days after he was killed. So all of a sudden she becomes tragic Saint Emily ... for what, getting pregnant as a teenager? She hardly deserves a medal (or a life of living off other people) for that. Fortunately for her, the boyfriend's parents are extremely wealthy and apparently decided to support her in grand style while she does absolutely nothing to get an education or any career training so she can support herself in the future. I have no trouble with the Hendricks wanting to contribute to the support of their grandchild, but for Emily to be completely okay with her grand lifestyle compliments of her child's grandparents and possibly her parents as well, gives me no reason to have much respect for her. There are many single moms (with more than one child, too) who work to support them, go to school to have a better future, and have no nannies or other help. I had to laugh in the first episode when Emily was introduced and was so whiny about having to do everything herself and being so alone. She even told Ryan how much she wants a husband so she doesn't have to do everything herself. WHAT everything?! Take her kid to the park, make cookies, and tuck her in at night between manicures, shopping, and her supposed volunteer work?
    luvlady345 and Alexxxx like this.

Closed Thread