Closed Thread
Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

FORT Fogey

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

True. He might just be trying to improve the ratings. I don't think Emily has been quite the ratings-grabber that he anticipated (and paid big bucks for).
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

Maybe Fleiss put something fake in the proposal show to fool RS. Maybe Emily will give her answer, or her real answer, on the AFRS. I still think that the proposal should be filmed live, maybe at Malibu... that way it wouldn't be possible to have a spoiler. There are other reality shows that have a live show where the winner is announced.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 07-08-2012 at 09:19 PM.
    zebraFanOK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I am not sure what Fleiss is up to, except that he is really trying his best to drum up interest in the last few episodes. I hope that it is okay to post this here, since I am not spoiling the ending, but I saw some of the twitter war that was going back and forth between RS and Fleiss. And I think that it all started after Fleiss tweeted that the AFTR will shock everyone who "thinks they know how this season ends. It isn't over til it's over!!!"

Some are speculating that that tweet was taunting RS that his recent spoiler was wrong, but who knows. So, I would say that the best approach is to not read too much into that tweet from Fleiss. Fleiss is probably just wanting all the people who read the spoilers to tune into the remaining shows (some spoilers have been out there for a long time as well), especially if those viewers have lost interest in the show if their guy isn't the spoiled F1. Fleiss is all about the ratings.
    He's at it again with the Twitter attacks on RS. And thinks he "got" him somehow, something about a smoking gun. RS has been uncharacteristicly silent, so who knows what's been going on behind the scenes. I really don't care that there are spoiler sites, and it seems petty for Fleiss to get so annoyed by RS. All this is giving RS more attention. Raising the ratings too? Who knows!

I will still watch the show, read whatever spoilers I care to, and feel others can do the same. By Fleiss making such a huge deal out of it after this long of a time is stupid. RS is arrogant and rude, but if he's not allowed to spoil it anymore I'm sure someone else eventually will. The internet has changed how secretive this show can be (or not be). Is Fleiss going to take on every blogger and rag that has spoilers? I thought it was much better when he acted like it didn't bother them at all, considering the few viewers who actually seek out the spoilers. I know his point is that the spoilers are getting picked up and becoming more mainstream so it's harder to avoid them. I get that. Is it really affecting ratings, though? By knowing Ben picked Courtney (oh wait, bad example), or Ashley picked JP - did anyone tune out because the ending was ruined? (I think people DID tune out because of Courtney somewhat) From what I've heard, people who seek out the spoilers like to know so they can watch the true love story, not the producer-fed lines about the others that make it seem like they're going to be chosen.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this season a lot. I wasn't sure I'd like watching Emily, from what I'd seen on Brad's season, but I have to say she's really impressed me and has been making smart choices, IMO. I really hope she finds what she's looking for. I'm rooting for her.

I like her too, navybelle. I think Emily has made some wise choices..especially about the FS cards. She had Ricki in mind. Good for her.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Anyway, I'm enjoying this season a lot. I wasn't sure I'd like watching Emily, from what I'd seen on Brad's season, but I have to say she's really impressed me and has been making smart choices, IMO. I really hope she finds what she's looking for. I'm rooting for her.
    Me, too. Some have said she agreed to do the show only under certain conditions, e.g. she didn't want to do numerous daredevil acts. It appears that she put the kibosh on numerous hot tub episodes and anything like topless magazine spreads, too. For me, all those elements of the show that she refused to do, and were therefore eliminated, have made for a more entertaining show, and I applaud her for that.

My momma told me that if I can't say something nice, not to say anything at all.
    I will say she loves her daughter with all her heart and soul.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

Frankly, I think Fleiss needs to look in his own backyard because someone in his camp feeds this info to the blogger. He needs to take greater measures (add a clause in the contract or something) and sue the pants off of anyone who dares to reveal the show secrets. Other shows do it. Look how fast Russel was shut down when he spoiled things for Survivor. Instead, he'd rather tweet about it. I think it just makes him look like a bigger ass.

As for Emily, I like her. Can't help it, I just do. I don't know why she agreed to do the show...maybe she really wants to find someone or maybe she wants fame, but either way, she's no different than every single other person who has gone on the Bach franchise. They all have their reasons and without them, we wouldn't have a show to bitch about every Monday night.
    mesachick, navybelle, ilja and 2 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I read a little about the case against RS. Apparently, one of the finalists got an e-mail from RS asking for information, with a promise of never revealing his "source" to anyone. Instead of responding to the e-mail, the finalist gave a copy to the show. RS must e-mail everyone who doesn't get a rose. Also, since there's a live AFRS, with a surprise ending, of course I'm curious.

Who the heck is William Holman and how did I miss him?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Who the heck is William Holman and how did I miss him?
    Pretty sure he is a former contestant on Bachelorette Ashley Hebert's season. I believe he sold mobile phones and aspired to be a comedian. He was very good-looking, imo, but insulted Ashley at a roast and sort of never recovered from that. I think he writes a blog about TB franchise, much like many of the other former contestants.
    jucamer likes this.

Closed Thread