Closed Thread
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

FORT Fogey

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

I wonder if we will see her with less makeup and dressing her age this season? Given the gowns we have seen her wear thus far (one in preview) I'd say the stylist is off the mark.

Shane Lamas, love her or hate her, had a fabulous sense of style and the clothes she wore were fabulous. They were current, hip and youthful.

Emily, wear jeans and a plain white t-shirt with miminmal makeup. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I wonder if we will see her with less makeup and dressing her age this season? Given the gowns we have seen her wear thus far (one in preview) I'd say the stylist is off the mark.

Shane Lamas, love her or hate her, had a fabulous sense of style and the clothes she wore were fabulous. They were current, hip and youthful.

YES YES YES YES YES!! We've seen candid photos of Emily wearing more youthful clothes, her hair less helmety, and she looks wonderful with a great sense of style. Why do they insist on putting her in these pageanty style of dresses?? I would have loved to see her wearing something shorter (to show off her slim legs) and funky fashionable, NOT mother of the bride sparklefest. Ugh.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    YES YES YES YES YES!! We've seen candid photos of Emily wearing more youthful clothes, her hair less helmety, and she looks wonderful with a great sense of style. Why do they insist on putting her in these pageanty style of dresses?? I would have loved to see her wearing something shorter (to show off her slim legs) and funky fashionable, NOT mother of the bride sparklefest. Ugh.
    I believe the idea for her image is coming from men. Fleiss at the helm and I am sure he gets support from network execs on this one. They seem to be modeling her after Marilyn Monroe.

We see her jumping off a cliff in a bikini in the previews. What do you bet when we see her dried off, right after, she will have had hair and makeup people rush in to fix her. She won't have a do but her hair will have been blown dry straight.

This is one format change I would love to see in future seasons for all the women. Get a stylist who is up on current styles for young women for cryin' out loud. When you see candid shots of say Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Aflec, they all have great casual street style.

And knock it off with the mature evening wear.
    sweetpea likes this.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone notice one of the PIs (I think that's what you call them .. when someone is filmed sitting there commenting on what's going on) they did with her supposedly during the cocktail party, she seemed to be wearing the same gown (we saw her from the chest up) but her hair style was totally different, parted in the middle and straighter? What's up with that?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Did anyone notice one of the PIs (I think that's what you call them .. when someone is filmed sitting there commenting on what's going on) they did with her supposedly during the cocktail party, she seemed to be wearing the same gown (we saw her from the chest up) but her hair style was totally different, parted in the middle and straighter? What's up with that?
    PI's are never done during the M&G or a date. They are filmed later and sometimes after the show wraps PI's are added to support the story line.

FORT Fogey

PI's are never done during the M&G or a date. They are filmed later and sometimes after the show wraps PI's are added to support the story line.
    Thanks, Shoepie. I didn't know that. I thought they just pulled Emily aside at different times during the cocktail party, because in the other ones, she looked the same as she did at the party. It looked odd to have her wearing the same thing, but to have a different hairdo, in only that one.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

There was an outfit in the previews that looked really cute - if I remember, it was an off-the-shoulder shirt with cutoff jean shorts and strappy sandals. I thought that one was really cute. If TPTB could take Ali outside of her converse sneaker comfort zone, I'm sure they'll let Emily show her own taste off (since she's got way more taste than Ali did).
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Anyone else see Emily this morning on Live With Kelly? The only comment I found interesting was when she said that if she met ANY of those men in real life, she would not have given any of them a chance. She said this in the context of "learning a lesson" about giving guys a chance. So apparently Emily was not impressed, at least initially, with the crop of guys they had for her, either.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

I stopped watching this show many year ago. I am not a NASCAR fan. My question is why would the Hendricks be legally responsible for Emily? I can see them stepping up for their grandchild. It wasn't exactly as if she was married to their son.
    Maybe she is appearing on this show because they are getting tired of supporting her & her lifestyle.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Anyone else see Emily this morning on Live With Kelly? The only comment I found interesting was when she said that if she met ANY of those men in real life, she would not have given any of them a chance. She said this in the context of "learning a lesson" about giving guys a chance. So apparently Emily was not impressed, at least initially, with the crop of guys they had for her, either.
    This girl comes off as way too high maintenance, with too high a regard for herself. Shes not all that, imo. Shes attractive on the outside, but, her personality I find boring and too self absorbed. That would wear on me REAL quick.
    mimi and bachelorwatcher like this.

Closed Thread