Closed Thread
Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Dale Earnhardt, Sr's 10 yr old granddaughter has currently been in the spotlight... should we worry about her? Nah. It comes with the territory, that's all.

I think this is much ado about nothing. Emily had already had an experience with the franchise so she had full knowledge of what she would/wouldn't be comfortable with when she made these mommy decisions, and I wholeheartedly agree with iwatchtv, that those decisions were hers to make, and with that, I rest my case .

See y'all here next week!

FORT Fogey

I don't think people with kids should be cast on this show. Not the lead. Not a contender.

If you're looking for love, there are about a million better places to find it. And it might even last.

If you're looking for a career in front of the camera, get an agent and start auditioning. If you can't get a role, get an education and/or an actual skill and find something else to do.

If your child is anywhere near the top of your priority list, stay the he!! away from Mike Fleiss productions and all the accompanying BS that's going to fall down around your shoulders. Why introduce that sleaze into your life, and by extension your child's life, at all?

I've got no patience for people that seek out this show, soak up the spotlight, and then whine about the downside.
    Just don't do it to begin with.
    mimi, Thor, luvlady345 and 5 others like this.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I've got no patience for people that seek out this show, soak up the spotlight, and then whine about the downside.
    Just don't do it to begin with.
    Without people like that, what the hell would we watch?? We wouldn't have anyone to poke fun of!

Seriously though, we complain about the people who put themselves out there to be on the show, yet on Monday nights, we are all glued to our tv's, waiting to see what crazy thing they do next! It's a vicious cycle, for sure.
    J.D., sweetpea, Shoepie and 4 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Well, I think Ricki is just fine.

Everyone is looking for love, that is a given. And if you want to become part of the "bachelor club" to broaden the field, or desire a media gig why not try out for this show? You can end up with both love and a career boost or change. I have no problem with any of that.

I think Emily will find love, for awhile anyway. Long enough for her to relocate and who knows what will come for her but I see great opportunities ahead. I suspect she is more than ready to leave NC.
    Florimel and Baby's Breath like this.

Plus there definitely seems to be an upside to doing the show. Chris has mentioned they all travel together like a big family, so you must make friends with the production people. There's the free travel around the world, staying in hotels and resorts that many of us could never afford, and doing some pretty amazing things like an African safari. If you think of it as an adventure, and if you have thick enough skin to weather the tabloid crap that might be coming your way, it's not a bad thing being The Bachelor/Bachelorette. Look at Jill, she got a great job in her field after her show ended, as did Chris L and Reid, from what I hear.

Yes, Emily did seem overwhelmed by the media attention after her first go-around with Brad, but hopefully that toughened her up a lot and she will be better prepared this time.

FORT Fogey

There are many who have benefited. Ben's wine business for one and I am willing to bet many others got career boosts that we don't know about.

FORT Fogey

I think the career boost and notoriety is their main goal ... and love, if it happens temporarily or long-term, is a nice bonus. And if it's temporary, they should both pick up their toys and move on without whining or blaming the other or "too much publicity" or whatever. They both volunteered to be in the public eye, and they both knew that these relationships rarely work out.
    Midol likes this.

Most of them have handled the break up fall out with dignity. The prime exception being Jake and Vienna, who seemed to revel in how ugly it got.

I think no matter what happens, Emily will keep her dignity intact. She just seems like that kind of person. I'll say it again, I didn't like how they portrayed her during Brad's show but I like her much better during this show. I still think you get a couple of glasses of wine in her and she could be hilarious.

Re: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I thought the argument between Chris and Doug was totally a set-up. Just didn't ring true to me and it was fueled by alcohol on Chris' part, for sure. I think the problem was real but TPTB told them to amp it up a lot.
    I think Emily would pick Sean for sure unless there's no chemistry. He seems perfect in all the ways she's defined as her wants but if they don't "feel" it for each other....just won't work.
    yup

I don't like Ryan at all, but his gibberish is mostly due to alcohol. I would love to know the budget they have on this show for alcohol alone. Emily got a HUGE clothing allowance. For why I dont know given the dates they have had.This show pulls out all the stops, so they need the drama, regardless if its fake or not.I like Sean, I just don't want her to choose him - he's the type that would get hurt .Arie could handle the hurt given that he's been through the single mum thing before.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 06-07-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Most of them have handled the break up fall out with dignity. The prime exception being Jake and Vienna, who seemed to revel in how ugly it got.

I think no matter what happens, Emily will keep her dignity intact. She just seems like that kind of person. I'll say it again, I didn't like how they portrayed her during Brad's show but I like her much better during this show. I still think you get a couple of glasses of wine in her and she could be hilarious.
    So they are just portraying her differently in this show. She's the same person, we just don't know which one she is.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread