Closed Thread
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think she's a good mum. I don't think I doubted that.I just think of the wackos that are out there
    . Once you put yourself out there, for whatever reason the public think they own you. It was by her own admission that she didn't like all the attention before. Lets hope it doesn't occur again- and if it does, she is better equipped to deal with it.
    And that is exactly the reason why I would have my little one right by my side, as Emily is doing.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Re: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It's not your mind that's the issue. It's the minds of deviant people who see these things on TV that IS. And I don't think that just being the grandchild of wealthy people puts a child as much in harm's way as showing that child repeatedly on national TV does. The people of Charlotte might already be familiar with Emily and her child, etc., but this show brings them to the attention of a MUCH wider audience, where who knows who's watching. Terrible things can and do happen, whether we think about them or not. I'm sure Jon-Benet Ramsey's parents' minds never went there, either.
    Then there should be no child actors I suppose. Disney would go out of business! Think of all the movies that wouldn't get made!

Seriously, no one should stop living their lives just because there is some off chance that a sicko might try to do something to you or your child. No one would ever leave their house if we all had that mentality. I am sure that Emily is taking, and will take, all the necessary precautions to keep Ricki safe. Just like most parents do regardless of whether their child is on tv, or some crazy sees a child at a park and decides to abduct them (which happens much more often than a child of a celebrity getting harmed).

The wacko's are out there, they don't discriminate as to where they find their victims. Keeping your child off camera isn't going to keep them any safer.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    And that is exactly the reason why I would have my little one right by my side, as Emily is doing.
    Well, we can agree disagree. I would want her at home, safe and sound with her grandma.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yep! I feel Ricki would be safe either place..with her mom, or with her grandparents. Emily wants her with her, so I don't doubt her safety.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    But she can't be with her all the time.

I have no problem with Ricki travelling with her or meeting a few of the men. That would happen in their real lives, but to repeatedly show their home, the park where she plays, on national television, and have her face on TV every single episode, several times is irresponsible in my view. Particularly from a woman who after last season was so concerned about their privacy.

It is not a pleasant subject to think about but sadly, it is part of our reality today. I most certainly do not wish any harm on anyone, particularly a child, but this was not a smart move any way you cut it. If you are that concerned about your child's privacy, you do not expose them in this fashion...ever...for whatever reason. Odds are nothing will happen, but why take the risk?
    Coco46 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

But she can't be with her all the time.
    No she cant be. Who looks after her then? nanny?

I hope its isn't someone ABC chose, given how they check out the guys
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ricki had one nanny and played with the kids of the other crew members.

You can find the article about this on Yahoo. I'd post the link but I am nervous after the Wetpaint link (I don't look at spoilers so I didn't know they were there - oops!) Here's the little blip about it...

That was the case even when Ricki went on some of the required exotic "Bachelorette" trips to distant locations. But rather than tagging along on romantic dates with her mom and her potential future dad, Ricki spent time with a nanny and crewmembers' families.

As Chris Harrison recounted in a recent conference call interview, "Our kids will travel with us from time to time. My kids travel with me and other producers and camera operators. So there's lots of wives and families on the road with us, and we all take care of each other. We all know each other's kids, and Ricki became part of the family. And she jumps around and plays with my kids from time to time."

Obviously kids being on location with the families that work the show is commonplace. If it's ok for them, why is it not ok for Emily. When you go on vacation many hotels offer baby sitting services for kids so the adults can out in the evening. Some have little day camps that run in the summer so the parents can get in a little alone time. This has been going on for years now. I don't see why only Emily is being held to a standard that no one else is. It's pretty apparent that Ricki was well cared for.
    Last edited by mesachick; 06-05-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

To me, it's okay that Ricki went with her. That's not my problem. It's that at every turn, her face is on TV.
    luvlady345 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    To me, it's okay that Ricki went with her. That's not my problem. It's that at every turn, her face is on TV.
    Agree. I'm not concerned about Ricki's safety while travelling with Emily, her grandmother, nannie and other families of staff involved with the Bachelor. It is after the fact that is the concern. Her face is now everywhere on the internet, her home can easily be identified through what has been shown on the show and even the park where she plays. And if you think it can't, I can assure you, you would be wrong. On other sites I follow, sluthers found her address in no time at all. They did not post it for privacy reasons, but some went so far to scope it out to see if they could stumble upon any filming for the show. While none of them have any interest other than our sad obsession with this dumb show, other people may have much different interests.
    Coco46 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

FORT Regular

Even if Ricki hadn't been shown on camera it would be the same danger. With all of the technology we use now, you can find anyone's home if you know their name, city and state. You look up phone numbers online and addresses. Look at how much people on here find out about the contestant's personal lives by googling their names.

It is Emily's place to make decisions she feels are right for her and her daughter. Yes, we may question them, but it is her choice.

Closed Thread