Closed Thread
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    We saw her flying a kite with Brad on another occasion, too.

tbamom, that Sean is a cutie, isn't he?
    Then she told Brad to go fly a kite! alone!

One thing they didn't like( either of them) was the paparazzi in their faces. Thats going to happen all over again, and Rikki is older now.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We saw her flying a kite with Brad on another occasion, too.

tbamom, that Sean is a cutie, isn't he?
    Yep I am conflicted...do I want him to find true love with Emily (do I believe it can happen)? or do I want another season where I get to watch him every week....the only thing is I am worried I would get turned off by the Courtney style of girls.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Every time we see contestants go home to visit parents we are seeing private residences. I don't see why it would be considered a higher risk for Emily than anyone else. I would venture a guess that she has a great security system and that she's hoping to pull up stakes after this all concludes anyway. As far as tweeting her location - isn't that a common practice? Jillian... Molly... don't many past contestants tweet about what they are up to? Why single out Em? Also, I don't think her momma bear instincts insisting that a guy be respectful of the love and care her daughter deserves has anything to do with keeping her out of harms way from kidnappers! Why would anyone mention such a terrible thing?! I see them as totally separate issues, and I am sure that Emily has (and always has had) close tabs on her little honey bear! For a gal her age, she appears to be a very smart cookie.
    Why is it different? Because Emily has a little girl who is the granddaughter of very wealthy people, and thus, in our sick society, could be a target for kidnapping and ransom in some sicko's mind. We saw the inside of her house before, but it's the outside of a house that could enable identification if somebody is determined to find it. That's why I said in another post that I hope ABC had the sense to film Emily going into somebody else's house and not her own. I believe they did that with Jason for Ty's sake. I don't care what kind of security system she has. They're not foolproof, and they're not always on. I have one, too. Emily also allowed the park to be shown where Ricki plays with other little girls, and I bet a lot of people who live in that area could identify that, too. People on Facebook are commonly warned NOT to post when they're out of town, so the same thing holds true for tweeting. It's just foolish.
    luvlady345 and Coco46 like this.

Emily exposed Brad to her daughter only when she felt a proposal might be in the works. She needed to know if they would take to one another. Their encounter was brief, but in Emily's mind it was a necessary step, which I could understand. When Brad started to show signs of a temper, after their engagement, I believe that's when she pulled her daughter back out of the spotlight. I strongly believe Emily has a good head on her shoulders.

One may say being the grandbaby of a wealthy man means you are a target whether you or on TV or not. The exposure might even make her safer because she's now recognizable. I just don't take my mind to those places. I wish that little girl all the happiness in the world - today and always!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

I don't see how the outside of the house is easily identifiable. They didn't flash to a house number nor did they show a street sign showing where the home is located. I am sure her phone number and residence are unlisted. I suppose if some sicko was intent on kidnapping they could follow Emily home to find out where she lives, but that would happen whether she was on television or not. In the Charlotte area and in the world of NASCAR the Hendricks, and Emily Maynard by extension are well-known. So, if someone wanted to do something, I guess they always could. I just don't see how flashing her home briefly or showing the inside is doing any harm.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

For all we know, Emily lives in a gated community. They wouldn't advertise that fact and once you're inside it looks exactly like any other community.

And I know, for me, if I travel, I always want my kids with me. DH travels to Prague once a year and has begged me to go with him but until the kids are older, I'm not going. We have family that can watch them but sometimes the anxiety of not being with them and knowing what's going on outweighs leaving them. So it makes lots of sense to me that Emily brought Ricki along.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I agree with Eastcoastmom and cantstopwatching...

I seriously doubt for one moment that Emily is doing anything that could put Ricki in harms way. I seriously doubt that is even really her house.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I commend Emily too, for having little Ricki there with her. From what I can tell, she seems to be a really good mommy to Ricki, and is really looking out for and making Ricki her top priority throughout this process.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I commend Emily too, for having little Ricki there with her. From what I can tell, she seems to be a really good mommy to Ricki, and is really looking out for and making Ricki her top priority throughout this process.
    I think she's a good mum. I don't think I doubted that.I just think of the wackos that are out there

. Once you put yourself out there, for whatever reason the public think they own you. It was by her own admission that she didn't like all the attention before. Lets hope it doesn't occur again- and if it does, she is better equipped to deal with it.
    Coco46 and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Emily exposed Brad to her daughter only when she felt a proposal might be in the works. She needed to know if they would take to one another. Their encounter was brief, but in Emily's mind it was a necessary step, which I could understand. When Brad started to show signs of a temper, after their engagement, I believe that's when she pulled her daughter back out of the spotlight. I strongly believe Emily has a good head on her shoulders.

One may say being the grandbaby of a wealthy man means you are a target whether you or on TV or not. The exposure might even make her safer because she's now recognizable. I just don't take my mind to those places. I wish that little girl all the happiness in the world - today and always!
    It's not your mind that's the issue. It's the minds of deviant people who see these things on TV that IS. And I don't think that just being the grandchild of wealthy people puts a child as much in harm's way as showing that child repeatedly on national TV does. The people of Charlotte might already be familiar with Emily and her child, etc., but this show brings them to the attention of a MUCH wider audience, where who knows who's watching. Terrible things can and do happen, whether we think about them or not. I'm sure Jon-Benet Ramsey's parents' minds never went there, either.
    luvlady345, Coco46 and Midol like this.

Closed Thread