Closed Thread
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I had wondered if she thought she was beating the press at their own game. Keep herself in the spotlight enough that they aren't so hungry.
    If she hadn't come back for round 2 on this show, the press would have forgotten all about her soon enough because they would have moved on to the next chick du jour. It's her choice to expose herself and her daughter and even her house to the public eye, and for what? For the negligible chance that she might meet her "husband" on this ridiculous show? I don't think so. I do think Emily has other goals in mind.
    Alexxxx and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    If she hadn't come back for round 2 on this show, the press would have forgotten all about her soon enough because they would have moved on to the next chick du jour. It's her choice to expose herself and her daughter and even her house to the public eye, and for what? For the negligible chance that she might meet her "husband" on this ridiculous show? I don't think so. I do think Emily has other goals in mind.

I agree with the bolded. Maybe the next Melissa or Ali. She may fool me but I still see no one on the show who would be her next husband.
    Alexxxx and Midol like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I had wondered if she thought she was beating the press at their own game. Keep herself in the spotlight enough that they aren't so hungry.
    That is a possibility, but still a risk I would not be willing to take with my child. Not a bright move in my opinion and again, I'm surprised that the Hendrick's family seem to be OK with this...but Emily is her mom and she may have over ruled them. Who knows?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

I'm getting a little tired of her "overprotective mama" shtick when she's exposing her child, where she lives, and some of her routines to a national audience like this, not to mention tweeting where she and Ricki are now. Does Emily live in a fantasy world where there are no bad people who kidnap and harm children? Nobody forced her to be on this show and to allow so much footage of her child. I hope at least perhaps ABC showed her going into a different house that is not her own. Otherwise, it is inexcusable and a huge risk.
    mimi, luvlady345 and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I'm getting a little tired of her "overprotective mama" shtick when she's exposing her child, where she lives, and some of her routines to a national audience like this, not to mention tweeting where she and Ricki are now. Does Emily live in a fantasy world where there are no bad people who kidnap and harm children? Nobody forced her to be on this show and to allow so much footage of her child. I hope at least perhaps ABC showed her going into a different house that is not her own. Otherwise, it is inexcusable and a huge risk.
    Per the bolded. I lived next door to a gal who was a drug abuse counselor for a Mental Health Assc. and I was talking to her about kids getting kidnapped and she could not believe someone would take a screaming crying child. I went dah and you work in the mental health field. Maybe she has this gals mindset. That was 20 years ago she said that and look at where our society is today. Kidnapping, perversion, child abuse and murder for money are the name of the game. We live in a sick society whether people want to believe it or not.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Every time we see contestants go home to visit parents we are seeing private residences. I don't see why it would be considered a higher risk for Emily than anyone else. I would venture a guess that she has a great security system and that she's hoping to pull up stakes after this all concludes anyway. As far as tweeting her location - isn't that a common practice? Jillian... Molly... don't many past contestants tweet about what they are up to? Why single out Em?

Also, I don't think her momma bear instincts insisting that a guy be respectful of the love and care her daughter deserves has anything to do with keeping her out of harms way from kidnappers! Why would anyone mention such a terrible thing?! I see them as totally separate issues, and I am sure that Emily has (and always has had) close tabs on her little honey bear! For a gal her age, she appears to be a very smart cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Every time we see contestants go home to visit parents we are seeing private residences. I don't see why it would be considered a higher risk for Emily than anyone else. I would venture a guess that she has a great security system and that she's hoping to pull up stakes after this all concludes anyway. As far as tweeting her location - isn't that a common practice? Jillian... Molly... don't many past contestants tweet about what they are up to? Why single out Em?

Also, I don't think her momma bear instincts insisting that a guy be respectful of the love and care her daughter deserves has anything to do with keeping her out of harms way from kidnappers! Why would anyone mention such a terrible thing?! I see them as totally separate issues, and I am sure that Emily has (and always has had) close tabs on her little honey bear! For a gal her age, she appears to be a very smart cookie.
    I think because she's single mom. The others you mentioned had no children. Plus it was such a BIG issue with Brad season.. What changed, she wanted to protect her from all that then - now she has done an about face.
    luvlady345, Coco46 and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Thanks for your reply, Fanny Mare. I remember Brad being in Emily's house - we even saw him in Ricki's pink bedroom playing with her Barbie dolls. We saw the entranceway when she walked him out that night, too. I haven't felt like there has been anymore exposure this season than then.
    mesachick and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Thanks for your reply, Fanny Mare. I remember Brad being in Emily's house - we even saw him in Ricki's pink bedroom playing with her Barbie dolls. We saw the entranceway when she walked him out that night, too. I haven't felt like there has been anymore exposure this season than then.
    I don't know. We did see the front of a house, she was in the driveway. Maybe( hopefully) that wasn't even her home. I thought we saw very little of Ricki with Brad .

It's up to her, I just hope if she has security, they double it, because we all have read about horrible things involving children. I know what I would and wouldn't do. I can only go by what I feel about the situation. Others might not see it my way

FM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We saw her flying a kite with Brad on another occasion, too.

tbamom, that Sean is a cutie, isn't he?

Closed Thread